Welcome to PatsFans.com

Man "accidently" kills wife installing Satellite TV

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Mar 26, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

http://www.kmbc.com/news/15701029/detail.html

I can never understand how some people can be so stupid!!

According to sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills, Ronald Long fired a shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means. Investigators said Ronald Long believed his family was inside the house.

He told authorities that he fired a second shot, then called out his wife's name and the names of their two children. When he got no reply, he ran outside and found his wounded wife.
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

"From the I'm not sure I believe it" but I saw someone read the article out of the paper category: Years ago when Johhny Carson still was the host of the Tonight Show he had a quest that performed in Los Vagas. I can't remember his name maybe it was R. Goulet. Anyway after the opening banter the guest said I just have to read this,and he pulls out a news paper clipping. He started to read about a man in Los Vegas who needed to replace some shingles on his house (ranch house). But he was afraid of heights so he tied a rope around his wast and tied the other end to the bumper of his car.This made him feel safer. After a while his wife comes out gets in the car and drives away. She pulls him over the peak of the roof,down onto the driveway and drags the guy three blocks before someone see's whats happening and runs out and stops her. Her husband spends 2-3 months in the hospital.

His wife plans a coming home party for him. This was at a time when everyone smoked, and there were these large ciggerette lighters (i remember them, you might have statue of Liberty maybe 7-8 inches high) and they held a lot of lighter fluid. She proceeds to fill every ciggerrette lighter in the house over the toilet bowl then closes the lid. Her husband comes home. And after a few greetings heads to the bathroom. He sits on the toilet lights a ciggerette throws the match between his legs into the bowl and blown across the bathroom. They got divorced three months later. This sounds like a real B.S story. But it was so bizarre and had the crowd laughing so hard it never forgot it. As crazy as it sounds I've read other stories just as implausable so who knows.
  3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

I would laugh, but the giant lump in the back of my head from falling off my own roof last year still hurts when I laugh.

Here is the last thing I said to my wife before I went up on the roof:

"Honey, I'm going up on the roof to fix a shingle and blow the leaves out of the gutters, dial 9-1 and wait for the "thump"

The "thump" cmae about five minutes later.
    50 stiches in the back of the head, 2 cracked ribs, and one bitten through tongue.
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Maybe you can't laugh at it but I am. :D

Since you and I are about the only ones commenting heresomething that happened to me thats in a similer vain. Many years ago the house my wife and I owned had a very large dead tree at the end of the driveway. The first branch on the tree(about ten inces thick) and 15-20 feet long hung out over the driveway. I decided to cut it down because I was afraid it would break off during a storm and land on one of our cars. At the time I was pretty good with chainsaws, I used them all the time. So one morning I was sitting on my back stairs sharpening the chain on a small saw, I was going to us to cut the branch down. My next door neighbor saw me and asked what was going on. I told him "well I'm going to tie a ladder to the old tree and cut down that branch over the driveway. He just grunted,told me I was going to get hurt. So I'm up at the top of this ten foot ladder tying it off to the tree when my neighbor Fred pulls up in his car,pulls out a lawn chair, and a cooler sits down and opens a beer. I ask him whats going on and he says " Oh I just brought the car so when you cut yourself I can rush you to the E.R." I said "yeah right". So I start the saw and climb up the ladder. I cut the branch down no problem and turn around and say huh I guess you brought you're car for nothing. As I'm climb down the ladder I'm holding the saw in my right hand,while holding the ladder with my left. My big mistake besides leaving the saw running, was I had my finger in the trigger guard. The saw is also pointed upward. As I talk to Fred the saw slides over backward, my finger on the trigger puts enough pressure to start the saw. Before I can do anything it comes down on my fore arm cutting a1-1/2 inch long perfectly clean cut in my arrm(good thing I sharpened it) about a quarter or more deep. I go into the house while Fred starts the car and pack the cut. We get to the ER the only DR. around is a neurosurgeon . He cleans the wound and stitches it. Then appologises, when I ask what for he says well I don't do stitches very often you'll see what I mean. Going on twentyfive years later I still have the scarr. What the DR. meant was don't have a brain surgeon stitch you up if you can help it.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2008