PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler and the Patriots seem eager to make a statement tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Butler, plays with a great attitude. Defense wins football games (as he proved!). Here's hoping he gets a pick-six!

I'm fully expecting them to slap the faces off the Texans tonight. Don't care who's starting at QB.

They better show up after letting Tannehill get almost 400 yards passing last week. That second half was just atrocious. I don't put the blame entirely on the secondary because Patricia was calling all the soft zone coverages with little pass rush, but the game is 60 minutes long you have to compete all 60 mins.

They better show up after letting Tannehill get almost 400 yards passing last week. That second half was just atrocious. I don't put the blame entirely on the secondary because Patricia was calling all the soft zone coverages with little pass rush, but the game is 60 minutes long you have to compete all 60 mins.

I now believe part of it was complacency, and also wearing down like the Phins D did in the first half. If the O can't stay on the field, then the D will get destroyed.

I now believe part of it was complacency, and also wearing down like the Phins D did in the first half. If the O can't stay on the field, then the D will get destroyed.
Totally agreed. Jimmy was shredding the Dolphins D and the Tannehill was making mistakes early on.

Here's my point about tonight: Steve G. needs to make kicks that he should be making. I love the guy, but within a span of 3 games, he missed an extra point that was the difference in the AFCCG and he missed a routine FG in the 4th quarter which could have iced the game and rendered Miami's last drive meaninglessness.

Here's my point about tonight: Steve G. needs to make kicks that he should be making. I love the guy, but within a span of 3 games, he missed an extra point that was the difference in the AFCCG and he missed a routine FG in the 4th quarter which could have iced the game and rendered Miami's last drive meaninglessness.
And he hit the game winner in Arizona after the cards had come all the way back to take the lead.

High percentages make them easy to take for granted, but I never see any kick as "routine", esp. beyond the 20

And he hit the game winner in Arizona after the cards had come all the way back to take the lead.
Don't misunderstand me. I love the guy and I don't want anyone else kicking for us. But, at $4m per year he needs to make all 3 of those kicks, not 1 of 3.

High percentages make them easy to take for granted, but I never see any kick as "routine", esp. beyond the 20
For an NFL kicker? A 21 yarder isn't routine? Wow, you and I have different expectations.

Don't misunderstand me. I love the guy and I don't want anyone else kicking for us. But, at $4m per year he needs to make all 3 of those kicks, not 1 of 3.
Misses happen sometimes. Players go through funks. Gost is the least of my worries at least.

For an NFL kicker? A 21 yarder isn't routine? Wow, you and I have different expectations.

I meant from the 20 yard line out (37+), which the Mia miss was.

Misses happen sometimes. Players go through funks. Gost is the least of my worries at least.
For a very long time he was the least of mine, as well. Nothing would please me more than to see him reel off 20 in a row again and become automatic once again.

al-pacino-good-father.jpg

"If history has taught us anything, it's that kickers...

...sometimes miss."

Ryan Allen's 7 punts for 333 yards accounted for more field position yardage than the Patriots offense by 30ish yards. STs was huge. Cyrus Jones will get some ball security work after this one.

Love Butler, plays with a great attitude. Defense wins football games (as he proved!). Here's hoping he gets a pick-six!
he was so close

I'm fully expecting them to slap the faces off the Texans tonight. Don't care who's starting at QB.
Well smarty pants, how do feel now after making such a STUPID prediction? :p

The Pats didn't slap their faces off, they ripped their heads off and pooped down their necks and made them say "we like it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back