Welcome to PatsFans.com

Malaria to Western Libs: Thank You Very Much for Banning DDT

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jun 9, 2010.

1. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Millions have died to placate the environmental movement's religious tenet that DDT is bad. It turns out DDT isn't the danger it was said to be. At the time in the early 1970s something like 9,000 pages of testimony on DDT were produced which conclusively showed it not to be a major risk. The benefits of using it against mosquitoes spreading disease clearly outweighed its potential drawbacks. I remember hearing of a guy drinking a glass of DDT straight like I do vodka. But some environmental greenie weenie at the EPA (begun by Nixon!)with a funny name, something like William Knucklehouse, disregarded the report, if that's a word, and banned the substance in 1972.

Feelings over facts, that's the liberal way. They emote. It was the alar of its day.

And what a disaster that has been! Yet the greenie weenies still haven't learned. For example I remember reading a Time Mag article recently on the 50 worst inventions and DDT was one of 'em.

The UN, specifically the World Health Organization, has taken it off its banned substances; yet many gov'ts still won't permit its use.

Source: WHO Endorses DDT to Combat Malaria in Africa

Another source: without DDT malaria is a big problem: spiked-science | Article | Without DDT, malaria bites back

While some liberals worry about Sikhs being called "f---ing ragheads" by mean people, I'm more concerned about sickness and death. The left has been utterly unrepentent, naive, and completely uninterested in reviewing a momentous decision several decades ago that demonstrably has taken millions of lives. Thanks to _Silent Spring_ by Rachel Carson.

I guess ideas really do have consequences as Richard Weaver argued in his book of the same title.

2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but that's way over in Africa. To hell with them. :rolleyes:

Libbies don't give a flying fugg about Africans (real ones I mean). No one spent more the GW to save African lives and I haven't heard 1 lib give him credit for it.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Liberals
    You know what scumsucking phony's they are when you see how silent they are while The Killing And Dying are still going on in the wars they went insane over While Bush was in (4 americans died yeterday you have to go to drudge to learn of it)

Liberalism Is Dangerous.

Every farmer in America knows that looking at pictures of Helen Thomas and Obama is worse for your health than DDT.

CLOSE GITMO
    They closed Alcatraz in two weeks........:singing:

HE HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SMILE

BRING BACK BUSH TO CLEAN UP THE OIL