PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Making the Club From the Tub

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Morris is old, and just about as injury prone as Maroney. It comes down to dollars vs. need. The drop off from Morris to BJGE in talent is not worth the difference in $$. just MHO.

The difference in cash is well under $1M, and BJGE, can't block, and can't run. I'm not dropping .5 ypc for $500K.

On the other hand, the Pats don't run the ball as much as other teams. .

I'm amazed how ignorant you are.

In 2008, the Patriots ran the ball 513 times. Good for 4th in the NFL. Behind Baltimore, Atlanta, and Minnesota. Ahead of such "Run based offenses" as the Steelers and Giants.

In 2007, the Patriots ran the ball 451 times, good for 9th in the NFL. Only Jacksonville and Tenessee ran the ball more than the 513 times the Patriots ran in '08, as carries were down across the league.

In 2006, The patriots ran the 499 times, good for 6th in the league.

The only team in the NFL that consistently runs the ball more than the Patriots is the Atlanta Falcons

I'm amazed how ignorant you are.

I'm amazed that I don't give a sh*t how ignorant you think I am.

Perhaps I shouldn't have stated it as "the Pats don't run as much as other teams". The correct phrasing would've probably been, "The Pats don't NEED to run as much as other teams." The Pats have lived and died with the passing game. Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, four-wide, you know, that sort of thing. Point being, Sammy Morris is not the lynchpin of the offense, and if they had to go into the season with Taylor/Maroney splitting time, Faulk catching passes, and BJGE mopping up, they could do it. If they had a suck-ass QB situation and no receivers, and were forced to pound the ball all day, then keeping Morris over BJGE would be more of a priority. And I like Morris, and I'm not saying BJGE is better; this conversation is in the context of keeping a more expensive, older, and more injured player vs. keeping a cheaper younger guy who admittedly doesn't have the same tools.

... this conversation is in the context of keeping a more expensive, older, and more injured player vs. keeping a cheaper younger guy who admittedly doesn't have the same tools.

Why in the world would you weaken an important position where you also see a lot of injuries just to save some money when we're under the cap? This team isn't the Bengals.

Why in the world would you weaken an important position where you also see a lot of injuries just to save some money when we're under the cap? This team isn't the Bengals.

"I" wouldn't do anything of the sort. I didn't start this thread, and I didn't say they SHOULD cut him. I like the guy. I'm just saying, if they decided to, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

"I" wouldn't do anything of the sort. I didn't start this thread, and I didn't say they SHOULD cut him. I like the guy. I'm just saying, if they decided to, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It might signal the end of continued Patriot success because the front office will have officially lost its mind. Nobody's cutting Morris this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back