PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make the Prediction - First Camp cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to Wikipedia for the roster :cool:

Good call - I hadn't thought of that. Sad that they're more accurate than the official sources isn't it?

Here's the roster:

Running Backs

46 Thomas Clayton
33 Kevin Faulk
42 BenJarvus Green-Ellis
39 Laurence Maroney
34 Sammy Morris
29 Chris Taylor
21 Fred Taylor

-------------
RECEIVERS:

Wide Receivers

88 Sam Aiken
11 Julian Edelman
13 Buddy Farnham CB
84 Torry Holt
10 Darnell Jenkins
81 Randy Moss
86 David Patten
17 Taylor Price
18 Matthew Slater
19 Brandon Tate
83 Wes Welker

Tight Ends

82 Alge Crumpler
87 Rob Gronkowski
85 Aaron Hernandez
80 Rob Myers

--------------

Offensive Linemen
66 George Bussey G
63 Dan Connolly G/C
77 Nick Kaczur T/G
67 Dan Koppen C
62 Ted Larsen C
64 Mark LeVoir T
72 Matt Light T
61 Stephen Neal G
60 Rich Ohrnberger G/C
76 Sebastian Vollmer T
74 Thomas Welch T
69 Ryan Wendell C/G
71 John Wise G
70 Logan Mankins G

----------------

Defensive Linemen

97 Ron Brace DE/NT
71 Brandon Deaderick DE
65 Adrian Grady DE
92 Damione Lewis DE
74 Kyle Love DE
91 Myron Pryor NT
90 Darryl Richard DE
68 Gerard Warren DE
94 Ty Warren DE
66 Kade Weston NT
75 Vince Wilfork NT
99 Mike Wright DE/NT

--------------------

Linebackers
52 Eric Alexander ILB
95 Tully Banta-Cain OLB/DE
53 Derrick Burgess OLB/DE
98 Shawn Crable OLB
96 Jermaine Cunningham OLB/DE
45 Dane Fletcher OLB
59 Gary Guyton ILB
44 Tyrone McKenzie ILB
51 Jerod Mayo ILB
93 Marques Murrell OLB
50 Rob Ninkovich OLB/DE
55 Brandon Spikes ILB
48 Thomas Williams ILB/FB
58 Pierre Woods OLB

----------------------

Defensive Backs

27 Kyle Arrington CB
23 Leigh Bodden CB
38 Sergio Brown SS
28 Darius Butler CB
25 Patrick Chung SS
43 Terrence Johnson CB
32 Devin McCourty CB
30 Brandon McGowan SS
31 Brandon Meriweather FS
36 James Sanders FS
41 Ross Ventrone FS
22 Terrence Wheatley CB
24 Jonathan Wilhite CB
26 Bret Lockett SS

------------------------
Special Teams:

3 Stephen Gostkowski K
47 Jake Ingram LS
14 Zoltan Mesko P

-------------------------

Quarterbacks
12 Tom Brady
8 Brian Hoyer
7 Zac Robinson

Last edited:
BUT FIRST...Will the team stay at 80 players????

It actually MAY be a bit premature to see who will be the first cut at camp...especially when IF all the rest of the draftees are signed...the team MAY add 1 to have 81 players... THAT IS If Lockett signs his ERFA tender..If YES..he would be 81 on the roster..with the draftees signed....IT WOULD be 80 going into camp as of now...as neither he NOR Mankins count against the 80. JUST thought to add this so as to eliminate confusion...
The roster...
QB---3--Brady,Hoyer,Robinson (us)
RB---7--Faulk, Morris, Maroney,FTaylor,Green-Ellis,CTaylor,Clayton
WR--10--Moss,Welker,Aikens,Edelman,Tate,Jenkins,Patton,Holt,Price,Farnham
TE---4---Crumpler,Meyers,Hernandez,Gronkowski(us)
OL--13---Koppen,Light,Kaczur,Vollmer,Connolly,Neal,Wendell,LeVoir,Ohrenberger,Bussey, Larsen,Wise,Welch
DL--12--Wilfork,TWarren,Wright,Brace,Pryor,Richard,GWarren,Grady,Lewis,Deaderick,
Love,Weston(us)
LB--14---Mayo,McKenzie,Guyton,Burgess,Banta-Cain,Ninkovich,Alexander,Woods,
Crable,TWilliams,Murrell,Love,Cunningham(us), Spikes (us)
CB--7---Bodden,Butler,Wilhite,Wheatley,Arrington,McCourty(us),TJohnson
S--7----JSanders,Chung,Meriwether,McGowan,Slater,SBrown,Ventrone
LS--1----Ingram
K--1---Gostkowski
P--1----Mesko
Tenders not signed OG Mankins----S Lockett

EDIT: Sorry Ian..I was typing all this as you added the roster....lol and after I saved it....

Last edited:
Actually..isn't it TWO Wednesdays away till a fay or two BEFORE camp?? OR am I confused...
A LOT of that lately....
I do not think Meyers will get cut early..reasoning is with ONLY 3 other TEs..they will need him for drills..real backup..Would NOT be surprised if they picked up another..BUT I think he stays for awhile
Grady MAY be a prime candidate..ONLY because of numbers and young players there..if Love..Weston others show some promise..he COULD BE the first to go....
Patten could be..but I think he will show enough to be in the running to possibly stick around through camp..MAYBE give it a last shot ala Pass...and retire..who knows..
In general..I really do NOT wish to make a guess on this as to which UDFA is the first to go..I WISH ALL the very best..and do not wish to jimx ANY of them..so..I will not try and single any out as WHO I PICK...
Wise OBVIOUSLY is one under the microscope...and a transition to OL from wrestling..but they may wish to give him MORE time..to see if he HAS ANY shot...so.....
But like any of the UDFAs...a real slip up or not adjusting to the pros and..the door is there...I am hoping it is not TJohnson as he's a sleeper pick for me..to somehow make it through TC to the PSqd.....MAYBE as the TC grows near..I will go against these wishes and make a pick....

Adrian Grady. Normally I'd guess Dane Fletcher, but we're so thin at OLB that I could see him sticking around for a bit of TC strictly out of necessity.

Last edited:
David Patten

Reasoning -

Bill likes to cut veterans early in camp to allow them to get a 2nd chance at another team if he knows they wont make our roster.

I don't see Patten as the athlete type who can do other things in Camp as well and I think Bill would rather keep the younger WRs who he can slide onto the Practice Squad as athletes for the Scout team.

NO WAY its David Patten

Tom Brady :)

Alright, if I can't go with the Amon Gordon ace-up-my-sleeve, then I'll say Darnell Jenkins.

Though if my math is correct, we're actually looking at two cuts prior to the start of training camp if all the draftees sign a contract prior to that point. Right now when you include the players yet to sign there are 82 players on the team, two over the roster limit. That means the first two 'camp cuts' will probably occur before the beginning of training camp.

Alright, if I can't go with the Amon Gordon ace-up-my-sleeve, then I'll say Darnell Jenkins.

Though if my math is correct, we're actually looking at two cuts prior to the start of training camp if all the draftees sign a contract prior to that point. Right now when you include the players yet to sign there are 82 players on the team, two over the roster limit. That means the first two 'camp cuts' will probably occur before the beginning of training camp.
Actually with draftees...80...not 82 Mankins is NOT included...as he has not signed the tender...same with Lockett..UNLESS it has happened under the radar....so..with draftees 80

Sadly, I perdict that David Patten will not make it down the field fast enough with his wheelchair, walker or cane, and will be one of the first camp casualties. I've always liked his as a player, though.

Everyone knows David Patten is 35 - including Belichick. That's why he's here, he's a 35 year old late round draft pick that apparently still has the capabilities to play. If anything, he's here to teach the young guys (which make up half the team) how you do things to be still playing by 35.

My guess is he doesn't even get cut, he'll magically retire a few days before.

Even though we're loaded at safety, Sergio Brown has good size at 6'2" 210 which means he can probably play linebacker better than...

Eric Alexander

Thomas Clayton, RB thats my guess and im sticking to it :cool:

John Wise is the first to get cut...
but 2 days before that Kyle Love just quits.

It's almost always the fatties that go first- can't take the heat! ;)

John Wise is the first to get cut...
but 2 days before that Kyle Love just quits.

It's almost always the fatties that go first- can't take the heat! ;)

Agree re John Wise. I'll second that.

Everyone knows David Patten is 35 - including Belichick. That's why he's here, he's a 35 year old late round draft pick that apparently still has the capabilities to play. If anything, he's here to teach the young guys (which make up half the team) how you do things to be still playing by 35.

My guess is he doesn't even get cut, he'll magically retire a few days before.

Moss and Holt are around as Vets.

We've got Crumpler and 3 ageing Running Backs who can teach them a thing or two as well.

well it happened and no one got it.

well it happened and no one got it.

It was too obvious and/or people were hoping he could do something... ANYthing to give the team a reason to hold onto him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back