PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make sure you're sitting down before reading this: Spikes pleads guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way he's on the shadow roster with his criminal court proceedings done? I highly doubt it but I've been surprised by Belichick once before.

johnny-dangerously-poster.jpg

I'd re-sign him. F*ck it. I really don't care about "character" when you can have the best character in the league get raked across the coals for . . . just because.

If the LB depth was still a concern by late August, I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be surprised, personally, but I certainly respect the argument.

If he was cut because of the accident, he shouldn't have been cut in the first place.

BB usually doesn't tolerate morons! Unless someone invents a drug to increase intelligent I highly doubt if he will be back.

Wouldn't he have a suspension to serve after signing?

He's gonna need a ride to work for the next year though!

Well .. even a watch is right twice a day ... good move by Spikes.
Also loses his Mass license for a year ... so he'll have to live and play elsewhere .. or go Uber.
You need to get that watch fixed if its only right twice a day

:)

Yes, I'm sure he's on the non-existent,made up by fans, "shadow roster".

Brandon Spikes has incredibly bad luck and equal amounts of stupidity. He also has no drivers license. He will not be a Patriot ever again.

There's no need to keep a rolodex full of morons.

Still surprised Pats players aren't banned from driving by the NFL from this

Well .. even a watch is right twice a day ... good move by Spikes.
Also loses his Mass license for a year ... so he'll have to live and play elsewhere .. or go Uber.

Well, he loses his license everywhere--not just exclusive to the state of Massachusetts. There is a national registry that is shared amongst states, so he'll come up suspended no matter where he chooses to live or try and play.

Uber, for sure ;)

I love that Belichick uses a shadow roster to bypass the restrictions on roster size. My favorite was Ross Ventrone. One year there was 16 transactions for him alone. It was like having a roster size of 54 instead of 53 and he wasn't the only one signed and released multiple times, Ventrone was just the one with the most transactions. Poor Tiquan Underwood was another. His was the most notable because he was released just before the 2012 SB. Probably the one I remember the best was Deion Branch. Branch was released during final cuts ahead of the season, but he re-signed on September 18. On November 17, 2012, he was waived to make room for practice squad receiver Greg Salas, but he again re-signed on December 11 due to injuries to Julian Edelman and Donte Stallworth.

I think Spikes would qualify as shadow roster eligible. A Patriot that was released and available to be resigned. I think if he signed with the Patriots again, Goodell would immediately suspend him multiple games. Probably best for Spikes to sign with another team. Probably would be suspended less games then if he signed with the Patriots. It would best for Spikes if he signed with the Jets, then he wouldn't have to serve a suspension at all ;)

However, "driving an uninsured vehicle" (which is what the article says) really means that Spikes didn't have any liability insurance for damage to other vehicles, other property or, most importantly, other persons. I suspect there are a few big lawsuits in his future.
driving uninsured means no insurance period. none zip nada. its doesnt mean he didnt have liability.

Ahem

Sign the beast.

driving uninsured means no insurance period. none zip nada. its doesnt mean he didnt have liability.
I know that. The original post said he was driving "an uninsured Maybach," not that he was "driving uninsured," as the article said.

If you read my post, I'm only observing that it was possible that the wording of the OP incorrectly left open the possibility that the vehicle itself was self-insured, but that he was carrying liability insurance for damage to the person or property of others. Self-insuring your own vehicle (as long as you own it outright) is legal and common practice at the two outer ends of the vehicle spectrum: people "self insure" old heaps with little economic value and wealthy folks self-insure very valuable vehicles because they would rather assume the risk of loss without paying the extremely high premiums.

That horse is now officially beat dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back