Welcome to PatsFans.com

Major WWE rumor... Bret Hart to return soon?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Angry Man, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Rumor just surfaced that Bret Hart just signed a short term contract with the WWE that goes from the beginning of 2010 up until Wrestlemania 26. DAYOM!
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Don't watch wrestling anymore (grew out of it), but when I did I liked Hart and the Hart Foundation. He and Austin had an epic rivalry. I also remember that one hour match with Shawn Michaels. I had heard that he had a stroke some years ago, though. Wouldn't that pretty much eliminate him from wrestling an entire match?
  3. Tbird100636

Tbird100636 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was complications from the match he had with Bill Goldberg IIRC.
  4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Two separate incidents. The Goldberg incident and post concussion syndrome afterward ended his career but the stroke came two years later after a bicycle accident.

At worst, it's a guest host gig the kind of which has been used recently to bring back other greats from the 80s and 90s. They go head to head against TNA's Hulk Hogan debut so they needed something big to draw in fans. At best it is the start of a three month storyline involving some sort of feud.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Oh yeah. Didn't Goldberg drop him on his head or something?
  6. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was a messed up figure four cloverleaf...
  7. Tbird100636

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought it was Goldberg's kick to Bret's head???
  8. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I believe that was the catalyst for the concussion.

What I don't get is, Montreal happened 12 years ago. Most people that watched it then and were into the backstage politics and what not; well, we don't watch it anymore, for the most part. Between it going PG and the way the quality went down after WCW was bought by Vince, I imagine there was a high audience turnover. Don't get me wrong; Vince seems to be going for the young kids now so he can have a whole Attitude Era again when all the kids become teenagers and it makes perfect sense. But I would guess that at least half of the people watching these days have a vague notion of who Bret Hart is, but not much more than that. Are they going to explain the whole storyline to the new fans again?

I don't know. For me, the 31 year old former fan who's first real exposure to the Internet Wrestling Community was Montreal, I am intrigued and will probably watch. For the 9 year old kid in the John Cena t-shirt, why would he care that some 50 something guy is jawing with Vince McMahon?
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought it was just from the figure four...but it was both. First from the mule kick that went up too high and later from the previously mentioned screwed up figure four in which Hart banged his head off the padding on the arena floor, seen in the link below:

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/1999123p.htm
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. Angry Man

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Totally agree. Especially their match at Wrestlemania 13 which really helped get Austin on the map. Blackglass3 nailed it on the head however in regards towards the WWE bringing back up the Montreal Screw Job given that their audience these days is quite different from the one that was around in 1997. Heck the WWE is too afraid to even show blood anymore. They've stopped matches entirely just so they could bandage up wrestlers if they start bleeding. See the Cena vs Orton 60 minute Iron Man match along with Christian vs Shelton Benjamin ladder match for two prime examples of this.
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It isn't entirely the WWE who is driving the supposed fear...the two networks have a huge factor in the programing they are allowed to show.
  12. Angry Man

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Except both matches happened on pay per view. :confused:
  13. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doesn't matter if they happened on PPV they still have and will use their force on the WWE to change storylines, drop characters, calm down the action to levels they deem fit.
  14. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I haven't watched wrestling in ages but for a man who fell out big time with Vince and from a family who blamed the organisation for Owens death, this is surprising. WWE's ratings have plummeted and Bret obviously needs some cash so I guess both parties need each other. Thats is until Vince chews him up and spits him out again once he's got his money's worth.

Hogans the same, yeah I'm done with the business but yet they all come crawling back on their zimmers. Hogans damn near falling apart yet he's still wrestling.
  15. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The family must have forgiven him and ended any feuds with him since his niece and his nephew currently wrestle for them. Hart also was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame which required him and McMahon coming to an end of their personal fued first.

Some reports I've seen have the feud being between Hart and his two counterpart in the screwjob- Shawn Michaels. Until the two of them came to an agreement to bury the hatchet Hart wouldn't come back. That is if they even did...

Since Michaels has a unified title thus allowing him to wrestle on any of their brand programs he doesn't have to appear on the program or he could be "drafted" to Smackdown away from Raw while Hart appears on Raw...
  16. Tbird100636

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

True, but Sable sued WWE several years ago, but came back a few years later (though she looked like she had a ton of plastic surgery). A huge returning superstar other than Bret Hart that would get me to tune in after a huge abscence from watching... IF it ever happened...Randy Savage.
  17. Angry Man

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Savage was in TNA back in 2004 or so. Here's his first match in the company:

YouTube - Turning Point 2004: AJ, Hardy, Savage v. Nash, Hall, Jarrett

I know. It just seems embarrassing to have a match stopped just because someone has a trickle of blood going down their forehead.
  18. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TNA is one thing, WWE is another...there must be something going on that hasn't been reported that keeps either party from coming to an agreement.

Or he could simply be happy doing whatever he is doing outside of wrestling and not feel the need to go back on air again, which may make sense since he has been busy since he last wrestled full time.

If/when he is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame he should make an appearance.

Lawyers and money beat out entertainment and fan interest...unfortunately. It's a big reason why they don't do as much if any really long and brutal hardcore matches anymore.
  19. spiderpig

spiderpig Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Channel surfing and I see Johnny freakin' Damon hosting Monday Night RAW! WTF?
    :confused:
    Really??? Johnny Damon? I guess I'll keep watching but only 'cuz those divas looks super sexy in thier Santa suits. I'd like to fill her stocking!

:singing:
  20. Tbird100636

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0