Welcome to PatsFans.com

Major Study Links Suicide and Other Mental Health Problems to Abortions

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Sep 1, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Women who kill their children suffer as a result.

Blog: Major Study Links Suicide and Other Mental Health Problems to Abortion

Abortion and mental health: quantitative synthesis and analysis of research published 1995

This devastation cuts across cultural, racial and religious boundaries:

[/quote]
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Of course, most people understand that most abortions don't kill children.

But there are the extremists out there who want to control women because their church tells them to do so.

(sad when those are the same people who rail against other religions and their laws.)
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

By the way, 13, do you understand the difference between correlation and causation?
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

The women who suffer the after effects beg to differ.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

non-sequitur, 13

But since you don't know the difference b/t corporations and people, or causation and correlation, maybe you won't understand that, either...
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Yeah science and fact are a b*tch when they destroy your POV. Multiple studies across multiple cultures same results. get back to us with you peer reviewed retort.

The authors and peer reviewers of the scientific journal understand the difference between causation and correlation apparently you only understand weak spin. This is a peer reviewed paper you understand?
    Deal with the results of the polices you support time to man up.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Yeah.
    If men could get pregnant abortions would be manditory. (I didn't make that up...some chick did)

The study could be showing us that most women who end up getting multiple abortions suffer mental illness already. Most women who are mentally stable or have the means to do so use contraception properly and chose partners they trust to do so or, better yet, both. Poiverty leads to unwanted pregnancies as well as mental illness and stress.
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +310 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Your own article states that this study's conclusions are diffferent from the studies done by The American Psychiatric Society and the American College of OBGYN.

It's hard to accept results on mental health issues following elective abortion as valid when they include statistics from countries where strict population control assures that many of the abortions obtained were obtained by women who did not want them and were, therefore, not elective at all.

Nice try, tho. I was especially impressed at the way you carefully left off the South Korea information and simply went right to "country with highest abortion rate," implying that it was the USA the article was speaking about.

I'm not surprised S Korea has the highest female suicide rate - they cut off a woman's health insurance and tax deductions after 2 children and they offer special housing perks to women who undergo voluntary sterilization.

Women don't get depressed or suicidal when they can make choices without recrimination - they get depressed and suicidal when they can't.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

And besides, maybe they wouldn't be experiencing so much effect if pricks like you and your "pro-life" goons didn't refer to them as "Women who kill their children" and "baby murderers". Maybe if their preachers and priests weren't saying the same thing to them. Maybe if those same people didn't classify them as being lower than the men who decide to execute retarded prisoners or the men who drop bombs on innocent children while they sleep with their parents.

Maybe then their mental health, which you pretend to be soooooo phuckin concerned about, might be better.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

How does this apply to Europe and Asia?

Of course it doesn't but keep your head in the sand it is better than dealing with the dead babies and their dead mothers.
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

another non-sequitur

and I'll be awaiting you posting anything indicating causation. Authors and peer reviewers certainly understand the difference; sadly, you do not.

edit: oh, and "man up"? have you ever admitted to a mistake here? Ever?
    What's larger, a subatomic particle or an inch?
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All I'm gonna say is thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that women who are 80% more likely to have mental health problems and 150% more likely to take their own lives have access to BC.

what a horrible place this nation would be if the likes of agent 13 or wolfpack got to make the decisions.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What kind of stupid, halfazzed, begging-the-question response is that? Whaddafuk are you talking about?

(Cue the "If you don't know, I'm not telling" autoreply.)
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +310 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Sorry. I corrected it immediately after posting. I'm on an iPhone not a computer and it's hard to check and recheck facts before posting. I'd feel worse about it if it weren't for the fact that the admonishment is coming from someone whose own history of mistakes, spelling errors and tortured syntax is legendary and who still insists that we all take him seriously.

Well this study says you are wrong especially when you confuse North Korea with South Korea in an unsuccessful attempt to make a point.

Try rereading the article maybe it will help with your confusion.[/QUOTE]
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

For the same reason he believes in polls when they are favorable toward republicans or negative toward democrats but dismisses them if they're the opposite. And why he takes 3rd-hand, biased sources as "fact" if they skewer Dems, but believes evidence such as video must be tampered with if they show pubs in a negative light.
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

I don't believe in science, I look at the science and see if it holds up.

In the case of climate science, I think studies like the recent CERN experiments are very valuable, I do think you are confusing climate studies with Climate Computer Models. In that case in looking at empirical observation as opposed to the projections of the Computer models the models predictions are not coming true.

As to this study is is a meta study compiling and aggregating a number of other studies, so you would have to think all/most of the component studies are wrong fraudulent.

Thanks for asking.
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The question was rhetorical

But your reply brings up another one.....

you don't believe in science, yet point to CERN?

how far does this rabbit hole....

go?
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

I don't believe in science, Science is about proof from experiment to verify a hypothesis, and theories that can survive a null result. Religion is about belief. You are confused about science.