Welcome to PatsFans.com

Major Plot Twist on "24"

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JoeSixPat, Jan 24, 2006.

1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -3

There's a MOLE in CTU. Damn! Never saw that coming.

For a fictional agency that's supposed to be watching out for national security, they sure seem to have a lot of security breeches.

What is this - the 5th "day" in a row we've seen where CTU has a mole?

Also, what a twist on the plot this year - instead of an smart honest President with a slimy wife, we now see a slimy President with a smart honest wife.

Does anyone else think she WON'T be the one to blow the whistle on her husband eventually? After all, he was prepared to commit her... I think her loyalty to her husband and President may not be as strong as it once was.

2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Funny I was going to post the same thing about the mole. It's always the new hire. Just can't get good help at CTU. But, in the first season they actually went down the amnesia road. They still haven't done evil twin yet. Maybe this season. :D

*************SPOILERS AHOY*******************

I don't think this president is corrupt I think he's just incompetent. The guy who is in contact with the bad guys and stole that paper from the first lady is the corrupt one. And I believe he's just playing the President. Notice he kinda resembles Nixon and his right hand man kinda resembles Cheney? That's hollywood for republicans are incompetent boobs.

3. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

She's looks the same to me. But, there was never a time I wouldn't hit that. She's not "hot", but I'd still turn her frown upside down. :D

4. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Pleeeze, any guy getting out of "Miss Ray Of Sunshine's" bed had to be a mole! :rolleyes:

5. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actually think they handled it very well this season. At first, it was like, "Oh great, another mole." But instead of the usual evil mole, he was just a patsy taking orders from within the government. It was a decent twist. They also wrapped it up in one episode, which was a great change of pace. They'd usually drag it out for 3 or 4.

6. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -3

C'mon NEM - face it - as age 70 creeps ever closer to you, pretty much any girl younger than 40 is looking better and better to you!

Still, the girl who play's Chloe does have a great sense of comedic timing - honed on the hilarious "Larry Sanders Show" from HBO a few years back as wel as "Mr. Show with Bob and David"

Best line from this episode of 24:

7. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -3

They've pretty much hit us over the head with this - they're making no attempt to hide it...

The question will be whether Nixon attempts to cover up the spy in his midst to protect his "legacy".

The previews for next week suggested that he'd rather arrest Jack than allow it to become known his chief of staff was a spy.

So who should one expect to "do the right thing?" - seems to me they are setting up the first lady.

8. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Anyone know if tonight's episode will be preempted (on the east coast) by d!p sh!t?

9. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Never mind he's talking tomorrow night. :p

10. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -3

So I guess it turns out that the President's Chief of Staff Walt Cummings at least had his heart in the right place.

Sure he was dealing with terrorists and created a situation where innocent civilians at the airport were murdered in cold blood on TV.

Sure he ordered the killing of President Palmer, and former CTU agents.

Sure he sent an assassin in to kill Jack.

But he did so for all the right reasons!

Hey - no one's perfect and those without sin should cast the first stone. I guess I was wrong about the guy and am willing to say so.

In other news I'll be interested to hear more about the plans for a "24" movie, although as the article says, I'm not sure how they wind up adapating Jack's penchant for saving the world in exactly 1440 minutes to something that only lasts 120.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/3596245.html

11. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sounds like Bill Clinton.

12. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -3

Indeed - in fact I believe that Walt Cummings is Bill's Chat Room name

13. Johnny Mac

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this season's been great on its own merits, but its just been a rehash of season 2, subbing in nerve gas for the bomb. I sincerely hope it goes in a new direction soon.

And Jack really should've taken one of Walt's eyes, if for no other reason than to make a point,

14. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Wasn't season 2 some sort of Anthrax or the like? Anyway it's CTU. So every year is going to be about a terror weapon or WMD that is going to be used on a city or cities. That's what CTU deals with. My only complaint is how bad they telegraph what's coming.
    Spoiler: Such as when the gov insider was caught by the terrorist coming out of the shipping crate where the nerve gas was and there was a long shot of the terrorist looking at the remote detonator suspicioulsy. You just knew that they would find the container empty and the insider dead inside. As a matter fact I said exactly that to the people I was watching the show with. And ofcourse ....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  15. Johnny Mac

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Season 2 was the bomb. The thing is the scenario is almost exactly the same. Someone high up in the government, without the President knowing, tipped it off to the terrorists, allowed them to get it, were supposedly monitoring it the entire way so it would never be used, but the fact that it was there would allow the President to increase the defense budget, etc. Of course, the terrorists found out and subverted the government control, leaving Jack to save the day.

16. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -3

So I missed Monday's episode. Anything important happen?

I have a gut feeling that Walt Cummings will evenutally atone for his mistakes and help Jack save the day!

17. Johnny Mac

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um, you probably wouldn't think that if you saw last night's episode.