PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Major lost leads = blame goes to defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what you're basically saying is that because they are absolute superstars, and have set an incredibly high bar---going in for your 4th offensive TD and 28 pts on 2nd and goal isn't good enough any more?

So, in order for this team to win, Brady not only has to play through pain in various areas, throw for 350+, hit Moss on deep balls, establish a #3 WR for sufficient action + a long TD, scramble through a patchwork line, throw to Welker 10 times a game to get his touches/yards, score 3 offensive TD's, control the clock....but he has to do it better. I see now.

So, when we get our #3 WR in the game, etc, still throw deep to Moss, have the game centralized around Welker, etc, and are going in for the 4TH offensive TD of the game.....we just have to do it better.

So, Moss needed to catch several long TD passes then, Brady had to throw for 450+, and Aiken had to become Reggie Wayne overnight for all of Patriot Nation to be satisfied with the offensive production. I am beginning to understand everyone's POV now.

So, If you're O'Brien/BB--what would you suggest that this almighty juggernaught of an offense do then to improve?

Maybe you have to consider the fact that our standards are getting ridiculously out of control, because I think a lot of teams would've been pretty happy to have been going in for their 4th offensive TD of the day, on the road against a good D. Oh yeah, with an injured QB, patchwork line, and all on a shortened week when your team is coming off a disabling loss.

Expecting the team toscore touchdowns in the second half is not out of control expectations. I don't particularly care if Brady throws for 400 yards if we can't score a TD after halftime.

Last edited:
We had 14 points after two drives. We scored 7 the rest of the way and we pay a ton of money to the offense.

Sorry, it's more on the offense. Including Brady and his stupid INT.

Bingo. 14-0 with 14:50 left to play in the second and we get 7 more points against one of the most porous defenses in the league. Bad play calling, bad execution and a couple of poor throws ands poor decisions from Brady. It was a total fcking embarassment to lose to likes of a much injured shell of their former self Miami dolphins. An embarassment.

It's both side of the ball. You cannot look at either side and say it played well enough for the time it was on the field the entire 60 minutes to win the game. The offense was brilliant the first quarter and a half and then dropped off. The defense stepped up the last quarter. Both sides played like crap the rest of the time.

This loss is an 100% team loss. I blame the offense. I blame the defense. I blame the coaching. No one escapes blame on this one. And for last week for that matter.

If the offense corrects its problems and the defense stays the same, I don't like the Pats' chances going into the playoffs. If the defense corrects it's problems and the offense stays the same, I also don't like the Pats' chances going into the playoffs. That tells me that both sides of the ball have significant problems that need to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes