PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Major changes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that the original post is an exercise in sarcasm, poking fun at those who would go off the deep end after a pre season game in Tampa Bay, so i'm not going to respond point by point.

Brady is too old and past his prime. He hasn't even made it on the field yet this season.

The discipline is lacking. The veterans on this team don't even care that they are losing.

Viewership is down. Heck, I didn't even watch last nights game! (Thanks NFLN).

BB is losing his touch! The first game, the pats could have gone into OT just by kicking a PAT. They instead went for 2 and lost the game! BB is sinking into Rod Rust territory.

Cassell isn't looking too good as Brady's heir to the empire. I mean, I know he has as much college/pro experience as I do, but I really trusted BB/Pioli on this one. That 7th round miss is going to screw up this team's salary cap structure for YEARS. How could they get something so big so wrong? What if Brady got hurt and Cassell had to play the super bowl?!? Maybe the Giants will trade Eli Manning for an aging Brady. Better get them on the phone before the season starts and they see what Brady is really like.

I am an optimist at heart, but this stuff is all really hard to see past. BB has lost his edge. I don't even think he game-planned last game! It looks like he's just putting scrubs out there to see what happens!

Here is my major vote of NO CONFIDENCE in BB/Pioli/Kraft/Brady.
you know sometimes it's good that people stay home and NOT vote...

For those of you that need them:

;)
;)
;)
;)

Elway won 2 SBs then retired. He knew when his time was up. Brady should have known the same.
i think the biggest change is to get rid of stupid ignorant fans like yourself

brady is too old and past his prime. He hasn't even made it on the field yet this season.

The discipline is lacking. The veterans on this team don't even care that they are losing.

Viewership is down. Heck, i didn't even watch last nights game! (thanks nfln).

Bb is losing his touch! The first game, the pats could have gone into ot just by kicking a pat. They instead went for 2 and lost the game! Bb is sinking into rod rust territory.

Cassell isn't looking too good as brady's heir to the empire. I mean, i know he has as much college/pro experience as i do, but i really trusted bb/pioli on this one. That 7th round miss is going to screw up this team's salary cap structure for years. How could they get something so big so wrong? What if brady got hurt and cassell had to play the super bowl?!? Maybe the giants will trade eli manning for an aging brady. Better get them on the phone before the season starts and they see what brady is really like.

I am an optimist at heart, but this stuff is all really hard to see past. Bb has lost his edge. I don't even think he game-planned last game! It looks like he's just putting scrubs out there to see what happens!

Here is my major vote of no confidence in bb/pioli/kraft/brady.

troll troll troll

Neither. I am a life-long fan who has seen the franchise go from moribund to dynasty to almost-getting-it-done. This franchise is clearly on the down-slope of their run. They made it to the top, won 3 super bowls, and almost extended their run of excellence. Changes need to be made and the biggest ones are at the top.

OK. I thought you were just being sarcastic, but now I see that you are set on making a fool of yourself.

31 is indeed generally considered the peak for RB's, but QB's can be in their prime until 37 or even 38. Elway won two SB's at 37 and 38 and, jeez, it's just too ill informed to argue any more. To say that TB is "too old and past his prime,"...I've wasted enough energy on that one.

Re your comments on the veterans who "don't even care that they are losing," I haven't seen your Locker Room pass, which is the only way you would know this.

To conclude that BB is losing his touch because he goes for 2 at the end of a preseason game is just... Cripes, that's what preseason games are for. You want to see how your Special Teams play is progressing. And, just maybe, you don't want to go into OT in the first preseason game anyway, risking injuries in the most meaningless of all meaningless games.

I'm not sure what your point is on Cassell. Of course, he's disappointing but that doesn't make Pioli stupid. It's extremely rare, post cap, for any team to be able to afford to carry a second premium QB on their roster. The niners carried Steve Young for half his career BEFORE the cap. The truth of the matter is that it's highly likely that the Pats will go through a painful transition in five or six years when Brady truly is "past his prime." That talk is premature today. Suggesting that we trade him for Eli is just beyond silly and I won't even respond to that one.

I'm astounded by the inability of some to locate the tongue in relation to the cheek.
Perhaps because they've already located their head between their cheeks. People here are slow, slow, slow on the uptake.

Brady is too old and past his prime. He hasn't even made it on the field yet this season.

Viewership is down. Heck, I didn't even watch last nights game! (Thanks NFLN).

BB is losing his touch! The first game, the pats could have gone into OT just by kicking a PAT. They instead went for 2 and lost the game! BB is sinking into Rod Rust territory.

Cassell isn't looking too good as Brady's heir to the empire. I mean, I know he has as much college/pro experience as I do, but I really trusted BB/Pioli on this one. That 7th round miss is going to screw up this team's salary cap structure for YEARS. How could they get something so big so wrong? What if Brady got hurt and Cassell had to play the super bowl?!? Maybe the Giants will trade Eli Manning for an aging Brady. Better get them on the phone before the season starts and they see what Brady is really like.

I am an optimist at heart, but this stuff is all really hard to see past. BB has lost his edge. I don't even think he game-planned last game! It looks like he's just putting scrubs out there to see what happens!

Here is my major vote of NO CONFIDENCE in BB/Pioli/Kraft/Brady.

calm down, folks. it's called a joke.:cool:

My first 5-star thread!! :rocker:

I believe the results speak for themselves. The Patriots 2008 record is 2-3 for crying out loud! When was the last year the Pats had a losing record?

If this continues, the Patriots will have a 6-7 win season. I'm starting to think about taking the under on Whitlock's 10-6 prediction.

I'm as optimistic as they come. I'm betting on an 8 win season this year. It's just too bad that the numbers speak for themselves and I'm probably over estimating the amount of wins the Pats will have.

Hopefully this franchise can get its collective head out of the sand before messing things up for years to come.

If you guys couldn't tell this was satire based on..

That 7th round miss is going to screw up this team's salary cap structure for YEARS.

...alone, then I don't know what to say.

Last edited:
Let's not get too worried now folks. This is just preseason which means jack squat once September hits.

If you guys couldn't tell this was satire based on..

...alone, then I don't know what to say.

Hey, that was the biggest giveaway for me too!

I give this thread 14 stars and 9 thumbs up.

Hey, that was the biggest giveaway for me too!

I give this thread 14 stars and 9 thumbs up.

although I see that now, you have to admit, there are some people on this board who really think the team stinks. I find it difficult to tell who is serious sometimes. My apologies to the person who started this thread. I guess he's not dumb afterall :D

although I see that now, you have to admit, there are some people on this board who really think the team stinks. I find it difficult to tell who is serious sometimes. My apologies to the person who started this thread. I guess he's not dumb afterall :D

(I just hope I'm right)

Anyone see that handshake Belichick threw at Gruden last night. It lasted almost 2 or 3 seconds, and I think he even threw in a few words. I thought those guys were gonna sit down and have tea. Just doesnt make sense. Im almost sold here. Maybe BB really is losing it. The guy's starting to look like a camp counselor. ?????

:D

It's nice to be disliked, means we are doing something right. Conformity is for the mob.

Xmark - :rocker:
Disco - :rocker:

:rofl:MAO!

good thread dude

but just fyi, there are a lot of really stupid people on this forum

i actually got banned for a week for making a thread just like this because a mod took it seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes