PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Major changes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkd400x

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Brady is too old and past his prime. He hasn't even made it on the field yet this season.

The discipline is lacking. The veterans on this team don't even care that they are losing.

Viewership is down. Heck, I didn't even watch last nights game! (Thanks NFLN).

BB is losing his touch! The first game, the pats could have gone into OT just by kicking a PAT. They instead went for 2 and lost the game! BB is sinking into Rod Rust territory.

Cassell isn't looking too good as Brady's heir to the empire. I mean, I know he has as much college/pro experience as I do, but I really trusted BB/Pioli on this one. That 7th round miss is going to screw up this team's salary cap structure for YEARS. How could they get something so big so wrong? What if Brady got hurt and Cassell had to play the super bowl?!? Maybe the Giants will trade Eli Manning for an aging Brady. Better get them on the phone before the season starts and they see what Brady is really like.

I am an optimist at heart, but this stuff is all really hard to see past. BB has lost his edge. I don't even think he game-planned last game! It looks like he's just putting scrubs out there to see what happens!

Here is my major vote of NO CONFIDENCE in BB/Pioli/Kraft/Brady.

At least our punter played well. He's the only player that won't be cut.

One of two things:

A) You're being sarcastic.

B) You became a fan last year.

Please tell me you're joking. Oh my god.

Like the last person said, you became a fan last year, no doubt.

And, how the **** is someone who broke the touchdown record last year for QB's too old and past their prime?

One of two things:

A) You're being sarcastic.

B) You became a fan last year.

Neither. I am a life-long fan who has seen the franchise go from moribund to dynasty to almost-getting-it-done. This franchise is clearly on the down-slope of their run. They made it to the top, won 3 super bowls, and almost extended their run of excellence. Changes need to be made and the biggest ones are at the top.

Good stuff (assuming you're being sarcastic).... :D

Last edited:
Please tell me you're joking. Oh my god.

Like the last person said, you became a fan last year, no doubt.

And, how the **** is someone who broke the touchdown record last year for QB's too old and past their prime?

Elway won 2 SBs then retired. He knew when his time was up. Brady should have known the same.

Maroney didn't even last the whole game, he was tackled in the 2nd quarter and completely shattered.

We should have never re-signed Moss, he did nothing last night. I didn't even realize he played, it was quite obvious he wasn't trying. I think he was on a flight back to Foxboro in the 3rd quarter. He quit on us.

Bill Belichick was dumb to create a QB battle this off-season, sure it might be close but I still didn't' think it was time to put Cassel ahead of Brady on the depth chart. Brady's obviously been hurt by the downgrade on the depth chart, as he didn't even show up last night.

John Lynch? More like John Bust. One game and I'm already sick of him. Guy's better suited in the new Mummy movie than on a professional football team.

The team showed no emotion after the loss, it's as if it was some meaningless game to them. Since this team went 18-0 they've completely stopped caring about winning. I think they overloaded on wins last year and are now genuinely sick of winning.

I'm sick of Kraft. Now Matt Millen, there's a guy who knows how to run a franchise, the proud owner of an undefeated team looking fantastic.

Last edited:
I'm astounded at the lack of knowledge of some "fans."

Neither. I am a life-long fan who has seen the franchise go from moribund to dynasty to almost-getting-it-done. This franchise is clearly on the down-slope of their run. They made it to the top, won 3 super bowls, and almost extended their run of excellence. Changes need to be made and the biggest ones are at the top.

I wish people would stop using the "im a lifelong fan" excuse. So am I, who cares. Being a lifelong fan doesnt mean you have a clue as to what your talking about. Yes, the team looked REALLY bad last night, but it is preseason. As for your comment on the ravens game, ummm, wha????
B.B. went for two because he is all about situational football. A situation arose, and B.B. wanted his team to try a 2 pointer, not go into overtime in the first preseason game of the year. Im not even going to ask how it is you know the vets don't care. Are you in the locker rooms? Its the 2nd preseason game (which was played during summer in Florida where we never play well), so lighten up.

I'm astounded at the lack of knowledge of some "fans."

I'm astounded by the inability of some to locate the tongue in relation to the cheek.

P.S. Tampa is clearly going to the Super Bowl. I wish we had a team like theirs.

I'm sick of Kraft. Now Matt Millen, there's a guy who knows how to run a franchise, the proud owner of an undefeated team looking fantastic.

Smartest thing I've read all day.

I'm astounded by the inability of some to locate the tongue in relation to the cheek.

P.S. Tampa is clearly going to the Super Bowl. I wish we had a team like theirs.

That's what I meant.

Another thing. Two games have gone by and BB hasn't cheated, run up the score on a pathetic opponent, refused to shake a hand, told Tom Jackson to F*** off, slept with someone else's wife, or forced any of our MLB's to play with a concussion.

Let's face it. The guy is losing his edge. He even recorded those silly NFL Network bits where he smiles.... YES... smiles! What the?

There's no smiling in football!!! Who is this imposter?

Last edited:
Elway won 2 SBs then retired. He knew when his time was up. Brady should have known the same.

Ok my friend. First off all Brady has a "sore foot," nothing serious or season ending. Understand that this is the time of year individual talent is evaluated and not the team as a whole. Coaches get the young guys on tape to evaluate technique, positioning and to see how they understand the concepts they have been taught and where they can improve.

Since you are a lifelong Pats fan, let's go back and look at some results in prior preseasons under BB (I'll keep it to after we became an anual SB contender in 2003). In 2004 we were really bad in the preseason and I recall the starters re-enteting the Cinci game in the 4th qtr (like yesterday it was the 2nd game of the preseason). The Pats lost 31-3. Some other results from that preseason, in which the Pats went 1-3, while the finished that season 14-2 and won a SB. For the most part I think preseasons around here are pretty avg. Now, take a deep breath and relax, don't hurt yourself jumping off the bandwagon and lastly wait till the games count to make your judgements on the team.

3rd game: August 28, 2004 Carolina Panthers L 17-20 1-2 record, game on the road @ Bank of America Stadium
4th game: September 2, 2004 Jacksonville Jaguars L 0-31 1-3 record, game was @ Gillette.

2003:4-0
August 7, 2003 New York Giants W 26-6 1-0 Gillette
August 16, 2003 Washington Redskins W 20-13 2-0 FedEx Field
August 22, 2003 Philadelphia Eagles W 24-12 3-0 Lincoln Financial Field
August 27, 2003 Chicago Bears W 38-23 4-0 Gillette

2005: 2-2
August 12, 2005 Cincinnati Bengals W 23-13 1-0 Paul Brown Stadium
August 18, 2005 New Orleans Saints L 27-37 1-1 Gillette
August 26, 2005 Green Bay Packers W 27-3 2-1 Lambeau Field
September 1, 2005 New York Giants L 3-27 2-2 Gillette

2006: 2-2
August 11, 2006 Atlanta Falcons L 23-26 0-1 Georgia Dome
August 19, 2006 Arizona Cardinals W 30-3 1-1 Gillette
August 26, 2006 Washington Redskins W 41-0 2-1 Gillette
August 31, 2006 New York Giants L 23-31 2-2 Giants

Last yr: 2-2
August 10, 2007 Tampa Bay Buccaneers L 10-13 0-1 Raymond James Stadium
August 17, 2007 Tennessee Titans L 24-27 0-2 Gillette
August 24, 2007 Carolina Panthers W 24-7 1-2 Bank of America Stadium
August 30, 2007 New York Giants W 27-20 2-2 Gillette

Now if this is sarcasm, which I believe it to be, I take it all back and maybe I should relax.

Last edited:

I can only hope this is tongue in cheek. This is the type of analysis that could only be provided by Arlen Specter.

If you are not joking then let me congratulate you on being the first person to jump off the bandwagon. Personally, I think the bandwagon is a safe place for another 5 years.

I have to go back inside now, the sky is falling.

Listen I've been following this team for longer than some of you have been walking (My "What Would Lou Saban Do?" neck tattoo can attest to this) and never have I seen a team more unprepared to compete on a professional level.

He kept Cassel in well past the amount of time needed, it's as if he was running down the score. As mentioned the guy has got stuffed on his winning diet and is trying to lose as much as possible now. The guy is mentally unstable and lord only knows what psychological kick he's getting from this 3 game losing streak.

If mark's post didn't convince you then perhaps you should all listen to Super Bowl champion Marshall Faulk's phenomenal commentary during last night's "game." (Can we even refer to such a one sided beat down as a game?)

The crew last night hit it spot on, we're old and tired. Instead of artificial grass we should replace our field with a giant mattress.

Wow... fellas: Sarcasm... look it up. Dude is obviously kidding.

Another thing. Two games have gone by and BB hasn't cheated, run up the score on a pathetic opponent, refused to shake a hand, told Tom Jackson to F*** off, slept with someone else's wife, or forced any of our MLB's to play with a concussion.

Let's face it. The guy is losing his edge. He even recorded those silly NFL Network bits where he smiles.... YES... smiles! What the?

There's no smiling in football!!! Who is this imposter?

Now this is some real insightful analysis. I share your concern here. Bill needs to get back on track. This all started at the SB, Bill was too friendly then and he much stop NOW. Get back on (or of, whatever) his horse, his girlfriend, someone else's girlfriend, stick it to Adam Shefter or some other stupid airhead and let's get on with business.

Have no fear, Bill is lulling the Chiefs to sleep for the opener. No mercy will be shown, he will sleep with the wife of someone in the Chief's organization, refuse to shake Herm's hand and tell that KC columist (I've repressed his name0 to jump off a cliff and equilibrium will be restored to our world.

Thanks for the laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey