Welcome to PatsFans.com

Major AFC Rival Owner Pat Bowlen of Denver Steps Down

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by PatsWickedPissah, Jul 23, 2014.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,064 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

2. RecoveringCowboy

RecoveringCowboy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +307 / 1 / -3

I really HOPE Robert Kraft has a good succession plan.

Don't want the Patriots to have a rich clown take over like in Cleveland, Washington, and Dallas.

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,063 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

His son.

And Alzheimer's is a nasty, nasty disease. My grandparents were inflicted with it before the passed. Best wishes to Mr. Bowlen and his family.

4. Danger Zone

Danger Zone In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 6 / -3

For the last couple of years Ive been looking at Kraft and then looking at his son and wondering what kind of owner he will be.

NFL succession in a very Crusader Kings II kind of way. If you've played that you'll know exactly what I mean.

(Highly, highly recommended game btw if you dont mind delayed gratification and long-term strategy)

5. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +946 / 3 / -4

Same here, my Grandmother had it for as long as I can remember. I try not to remember her like she was at the very end, it's awful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I wish him all the luck he can muster in his battle.

6. Danger Zone

Danger Zone In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 6 / -3

Im actually typing this on my Kindle sitting next to my client who has Alzheimers. Its what Ive done for a living for the past 15 years, working privately for families with a father (or mother) who has the disease.

And yes, its my most hated disease in that its affect is so insidiously damaging to everyone's memory of a family member -not just physically to the person inflicted with the disease.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  7. RecoveringCowboy

RecoveringCowboy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +307 / 1 / -3

Thank you for the reassurances that Johnathan Kraft will be a chip off the old block. :)

Sadly I've made the same conclusion about Stephen Jones when he succeeds Jerry.

Very brief history of Cowboy's ownership: Clint Murchison founded the Cowboys. Beset by personal bankruptcy and a rare nerve disorder that would kill him by 63, he sold the team to Bum Bright in 1984 under the condition Tom Landry and Tex Schram could not be fired....Bright came to hate Landry, so when he sold the team in 1989, it was on the condition Landry had to go. Since Bright was hurting financially, he apparently was not particular who to sell it to. :eek:

I'm imagining how Bum Bright's grave would spin if his beloved alma matter Texas A&M (ex-students as zealous as Notre Dame) had Johnny Manziel as it's AD....that's what he did to the Cowboys - sell to a clown playing fantasy football.

8. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 20 / -4

#12 Jersey

The first thing I always do is switch to elective succession so if I get stuck with a stuttering idiot for an eldest son I can just choose another one. Better than assassinating all my stupid children, which is what I used to do.

Damn shame for the Bowlen family, Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. Best of luck to all of them.

9. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,646 / 27 / -35

I deal with this affliction every single day. It comes on so many forms.Watching your mother lose a little bit of speech and recognition every day is gut wrenching.I'm not a multi-millionaire so I can't rely on the services of others. It's all on me. My older brother could care less and the rest of the family is too busy living mid-life dramas. That's OK, she put up with me her entire life, I owe her the devotion now.

Never ceases to amaze and disappointment me when I read what some families do to THEIR elderly loved ones.There's a giant hole right in the middle of our society. You are worthless if you do not meet the 21 to 49 year old demographic these days. That's why there are so little resources available today beyond being wealthy to assuage the staggering costs of elderly dementia and alzheimer's patients.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,064 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

I went through this with my mother. Fortunately, my wife was there for her. Awful.

11. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,098 / 197 / -145

Disable Jersey

I'd give you my take on your second paragraph, but it'd be too political for this type of thread.

So, that said, my best wishes to your mother and Mr. Bowlen, my prayers to the families and caregivers of both, and my sincerest hope that we beat this devastating illness very, very soon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,670 / 20 / -9

#95 Jersey

My grandfather died from it. He couldn't breath on his own in the end so we had to let him go. 8 years ago he was playing football with me in the back yard and in my FF league always wanting Curtis Martin and now he is gone. So sad...

We need to fix this disease and hopefully in the next 5-10 years we can come up with a cure. Keep your brains active guys! Although this doesn't mean you won't get it

13. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -1

My grandmother as well. Early on she developed Capgras delusion as part of her dementia; her children were not her real children, they were impostors who looked like her children, her house wasn't her house, it was a house that only superficially like her house, her cat wasn't her cat, only a doppelganger of her cat, the food she had been eating was no longer her food, and so on, driving her to escape supervision constantly to search for her "real" family, house, etc.

14. fnordcircle

fnordcircle brady plz PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 20 / -26

I wish I could forget the last AFCCG too.

15. xlcjw72

xlcjw72 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

i couldnt imagine i just lost my mom and jan and all i think is thank god for the memories because nothing can take those away and this does it... to be honest id rather die then get that

16. james87654

james87654 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +499 / 36 / -28

#3 Jersey

not trying to be disrespectful or antagonistic.....but that feels a bit in poor taste......just my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fnordcircle

fnordcircle brady plz PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 20 / -26

I agree.