Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mainstream media caught on Qana photos

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 2, 2006.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

Perhaps the killings in Qana were staged by Hezbollah, and they had willing accomplices in the media.

Dead children used as political props. This is a continuing pattern we see wherever Terrorist are involved: Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon. Afganistan. Of course the media eats it up and feeds it to the public in the West.

Since this tatic works so well for the terrorist why not continue using it. Funny this was caught by a private blogger in England rather than a professional journalist. Then again it was interested people on the web rather than the professional journalist community that uncovered Rather's document forgery.
  2. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

Interesting find by the IDF from strategy page. I'm sure this will show up on all the newsprograms this evening /scarcasm.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

The honeymoon is over for the CNN CBS crowd, EYES are everywhere, watching them. :singing:

They can still lie if they want but now they will be caught.

:singing:
  4. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

PF13,
    With all due respect, these are actual photos that you are trying to discredit, and your source is a blogger?
    This blogger is claiming that the AP photographer is a Hizbollah terrorist accomplice?
    Is the Red Cross infiltrated and taken over by terrorists as well, is the UN, BBC, Reuters, France-Presse, because they are claiming and photographing one thing and your blogger is discreting them, by the time stamp on a photo, from his living room?
    Could this be the same blogger that "discredited" the never-to-be-found WMD accusations, claiming that they actually were discovered?
    There are live broadcasts, photos, interviews, and the while world (except for 2 countries) including the UN on one side, and there is your blogger on the next.
    I think, I will go with the former.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  5. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How about this open letter in a Jewish publication, by a Turk of Jewish heritage:

Dear Prime Minister,
    I am writing to express my deepest concern about the killing of more
    than 300 civilian Lebanese, including dozens of children, by Israeli
    air strikes in Lebanon in the week since 12 July. Hundreds of other
    civilians have been injured during those attacks as well.
    During their air strikes, the Israeli forces have also damaged
    civilian infrastructure throughout Lebanon. They have deliberately
    targeted and destroyed dozens of bridges, roads, powers stations, the
    international airport and ports, grain silos and other facilities.
    Hundreds of thousands of civilians have been forced to flee their
    homes, notably in South Lebanon and in the suburbs of the capital,
    Beirut. Such attacks are a blatant breach of international
    humanitarian law and some amount to war crimes.
    Amnesty International condemns unreservedly attacks by Hizbullah
    against Israeli civilians and continues to campaign against such
    attacks, including the launching of "katyusha" rockets into Israel.
    The organization is campaigning to put pressure on Hizbullah to
    immediately end such attacks, which have killed 15 Israeli civilians
    since 12 Julyl. Since the capture by Hizbullah of two Israeli
    soldiers, on 12 July, Amnesty International has been calling for them
    not to be harmed and to be allowed immediate access to the
    International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).

I urge you to take urgent steps to put an immediate end to deliberate
    attacks by Israeli forces against civilian and civilian property and
    infrastructure in Lebanon. These attacks constitute collective
    punishment. I call on you to end the use of excessive and
    disproportionate force, and to ensure that Israeli forces respect the
    principle of proportionality when targeting any military objective or
    civilian objective that may be used for military purposes.

Yours sincerely,

Izzet Fresko MD
    Professor of Rheumatology
    Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty
    University of Istanbul
    Turkey
  6. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How about the Jews for peace organization?
    Are they Jews that have been bought by terrorists?
    The events being held all over the world by Jews that are against this atrocity, are they all staged?
    The attempts at discrediting the reports of this atrocity are futile at best, not to mention immoral.
    Children are dying terrible deaths, what else should it take to ask for an immediate cease-fire?
    Where is our humanity?
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Patsfan13,
    Are suggesting that either Israel or Hezbelloh are terrorists, depending on who was responsible for the tragedy at Qana? Or can only those you oppose be terrorists?

Once again, you go out on the limb, searching for the rare piece of evidence that would exonerate those you back. (Perhaps in all those boxes in Iraq there's a note from a bureaucrat on which you can hinge your arguments?) The ludicrous paragraph you posted seems to tell us that the photographer didn't have his cameras set to the right time. Interesting they showed a three hour time difference, like from the west to the east coast. But, when the evidence is lacking, I suppose you use whatever's available.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

Whether this scanm was uncovered by a blogger or not is quite besides the point. The issue is the time stamps on the photographs that show pictures of the dead child being put into the ambulance and photographs taken LATER showing the child being removed from the rubble. The only thing one can logically infer is that the child was being used as a prop by the terrrorist.

If you have another explaniation please present it
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just to throw something out there... do we know if these pictures were taken with the same camera? A time stamp is useless if the camera's clock isn't set to the right time. While staging atrocities would seem right up their alley, I just don't see this as any kind of reliable evidence.

Plus, if they had staged this elaborate hoax, don't you think they would have checked the timestamp? Granted, they could have f--ked that up, but it's tough to get past the clock issue.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

Look at the Rather Hoax, using microsoft word to forge docs that were supposed to be before the advent of the PC....

No one at CBS or the mainstream 'professional journalist community caught on.

Would I believe that an organization Hezbollah that instructs children to strap on bombs and blow themselves and innocent civilians woudl stage something like this to gain a propaganda victory.....Don't know but I wouldn't be in the least suprised. BTW put this information together with the questions raised by the IDF on the timing of the bombs vs when the building collapsed killing the civilians. IIRC NEM posted the thread.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I left the possibility open that it could be, in fact, a Hezbollah hoax. But that doesn't change that this is not at all evidence, and we're left not knowing just like before we read the "analasys" on the blog.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Isn't it amazing how all the Jews opposed to Israel's actions live nice and safely far outside Israel...?
    Ask the Hezbollah. They're the ones based in civilian locales.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What the hell do American Jews have to do with Israeli Jews? Americans and Israelis have nothing to do with each other any more than German Lutherans have to do with Minnesota Lutherans.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ignoring your ignorance of Jewish culture and why your comparison to "Minnesota Lutherans" is a foolish one, your question would be better addressed to Turk than to me. He was the one who brought "events being held all over the world by Jews that are against this atrocity" into this conversation.

My response - an accurate one, to be sure - is that it's amazing how the vast majority of Jews opposed to Israel's actions are those living safely and hundreds (if not thousands) of miles outside of Israel. To me, that speaks volumes.
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

The reality is that the Rather hoax is not, his paperwork was incorrect, but GWB was a fortunate son who escaped going to viet nam, because no one cared where he was and no one checked on him... don't confuse the messenger with the message. This is a very poor analogy.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Turk,
    "The source was a blogger" you say.

The great and powerful Dan Rather now sits around the house in his pajama's all day long, talking to himself and CBS has lost all credibility because of a "Blogger". The honeymoon is over for the "Liberal Media" a new day has dawned,
    "We Report, You Decide"
    "The News, Fair And Balanced"
    :bricks:
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Why ignore it? What do you mean by "Jewish culture"? Are you suggesting there is a monolithic sensibility that all Jews have in common? I was under the impression that there are many types of Judaeisim just like there are many types of Christian Protestantism. That was my "foolish comparison". Sorry you missed it.

But you're the one who made a distinction between Israeli Jews and non-Israeli Jews. That's why you got my response. I also could have responded to Turk, but your post was more recent.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Where was all the "liberal outrage" for children when "Grampa Saddam" was having his bloodbath, he gassed thousands of them then cut their fathers feet off.

LIberalism is on the way out "Reality" is taking over.
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I like the way you pick and choose your disdain for dictators. You must surely have enjoyed Bush's prior association with the Uzbeks who boiled their victims in oil.

Saddams atrocities are nothing compared to what the Janjaweed are doing in Sudan. And where is your outrage that Bush has not done anything about keeping those "smelly muslims" (your words) from throwing more black Christian babies on bonfires?