OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Main Reason Why You Want The Patriots To Win Or Lose Sunday

• Want a win for the # 3 Seed

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Want a loss for the #4 Seed (hoping Cincy also loses)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Want a win for Momentum

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Don't care if we win or lose - seed position is irrelevant

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other reason (explain)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Simple Question,ONE main reason only....

Unless there is a demonstrable strategic advantage and you can somehow manage to lose without playing poorly... Psychologically winning is always better. For the fans, the team...

I would like them to rest key players, but I would still like them to win, or try their best to do so, because the Pats are winners and I want them to go into the playoffs on a high note rather than a throw-away. The Texans will be playing for their lives, so I feel like we should too, but at the same time, if Brady was to get dinged up worse in a game that probably won't mean anything anyway (don't you think the Bengals are going to tank against the Jests?), that would not make any sense.

I guess my answer shows how conflicted I am. In my mind, BB always tries to win, even if his best players are not on the field.

Unless there is a demonstrable strategic advantage and you can somehow manage to lose without playing poorly... Psychologically winning is always better. For the fans, the team...

I really think it comes down to the fan viewing Indy or SD as a tougher challenge - personally I think BOTH teams are going to be tough to beat,even with our A game and IF we get to that point that is.

NOTE: #2 SELECTION SHOULD HAVE READ HOPING CINCY ALSO WINS..NOT LOSES AS IT STATES...Sorry for the error but can't change a poll slot

"You play to win the game."

Seriously, I agree with Mo above. I think it's better if they win, finish 4--0 and go into the Wild Card Game on a roll.

As with anything competitive, winning is the reason to play. Don't play if you don't care about winning. I'll never understand that loser mentality of it ever being OK or even GOOD to lose.

I pick other:

Win... because that is the point of all competition, big or small

I'm one who believes in destiny.
Rest the players who need it, whether we win or lose on Sunday and who the wild card opponent will be doesn't matter.
If it's meant to be for the Patriots this season it will be.

I agree. Rest those who need rest: The win is not imperative.

As far as I can tell, there's no strategic advantage for the #3 or #4 seed. To go to the SB, the Pats will likely have to beat Indy in Indy and SD in SD, just maybe not in that order.

Rest would be one reason.

Another reason is that you don't play the best of all the potential wild card teams, and that would be the Steelers.

The title and question is why do we WANT the Patriots to win OR lose right?

I want them to rest players who need rest and do whatever is in the best interest of the team to win in the playoffs. That does NOT equate to wanting them to lose though. I still WANT them to win even if Hoyer and street bums are playing the entire game.

I will never ever, under any circumstances ever, WANT the Patriots to lose

Look at what the Giants did in 07 and ask why would you sit your starters down right when they have seemed to have found a groove on offense and defense.

Last edited:
The title and question is why do we WANT the Patriots to win OR lose right?

I want them to rest players who need rest and do whatever is in the best interest of the team to win in the playoffs. That does NOT equate to wanting them to lose though. I still WANT them to win even if Hoyer and street bums are playing the entire game.

I will never ever, under any circumstances ever, WANT the Patriots to lose

If you rather they go to Indy than to SD in Round 2 (if they win the wild card game) then certainly you want them to lose,nothing bad about that if you think SD would be a tougher challenge to beat,of course Cincy would have to ablige by winning thier game sunday as well.

Last edited:
Look at what the Giants did in 07 and ask why would you sit your starters down right when they have seemed to have found a groove on offense and defense.
That's my thinking exactly. not only offense, but defense, too. 27 points given up the last three games is momentum if anything is.

Man...that Giants game in 07 was great no matter who won or lost. I think it drove both teams through the playoffs.

Momentum.......

As one lousy professional football coach once said "you play to win the game". Then they win the next 5 but one game at a time.

WIN AT ALL COST!! :D For obvious reasons. ;)

But seriously, I always LOVE a Steelers/Pats game, and would love nothing more than to see that happen in the first round of the playoffs. To be the best, you gotta beat the best. And let's face it....in the last decade, that comes down to the Steelers and Patriots. This certainly didn't feel like a year where we're the best, and honestly, I wouldn't feel too confident playing your Pats in the wildcard round. With the way our secondary has been playing I could see Brady and the boys lighting us up pretty bad. But I'd still love to see it, as I was disappointed we didn't meet this year in the regular season.

Good luck to you and your Pats, regardless of which route they decide to take this week!

If you rather they go to Indy than to SD in Round 2 (if they win the wild card game) then certainly you want them to lose,nothing bad about that if you think SD would be a tougher challenge to beat,of course Cincy would have to ablige by winning thier game sunday as well.

I'm sorry I'm not the type of person who would rather win taking an easy road just to win. I will never root for a loss even if that means the first/second game in the playoffs might be easier. Hell I would rather see them beat all the best teams on their way to the championship. It's a loser's mentality to hope for a loss to attempt to pick an opponent 2 games down the line and try to align things to make it easiest on yourself to win it all. When I compete, I'm not happy winning against easy opponents. I'm not happy beating someone that isn't giving their all. I'm all about beating the best, this is competition!

I want Indy AND SD!

If only we could find a way to win the Super Bowl without having to play a playoff game. I mean, all of the teams in the playoffs are pretty good, and I for one am scared of all of them. I think that beating the easier teams will show that we're the best in the end, so I'm VERY concerned about which seed we are.

Stupid, stupid question... I'm a Pats fan, so I want them to win every week.

#3 seed increases (though perhaps only marginally) the chances of a home AFCC game. I wouldn't want this at the cost of added/aggravated injury, though, if that's what it came down to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back