PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Magnificent Gil and Gino 40+ Year Retrospective on 98.5 (Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a golden stroll down memory lane!

Started listening to Gil and Gino back in the 70s ("Plunkett shoots it long and deep to Vataha"). You know Gil a true Pats lover like some of us long standing fans when he admitted to weeping the moment we won SB36.

Thanks to Shmessy for sharing. Like Gil hailed when we won that first Super Bowl, "It's good. It's good!" :)

I don't know why, but I still remember listening to Gil on the radio describe a Bob Gladieaux tackle
as "Harpo's hanging on for dear life!"

Pats home games back then were very, very rarely televised, so Gil Santos was our lifeline,
and we could not have asked for a better one.

I knew you would be one of the folks who would love that, Pat. You have a great interest in Patriots history!

correct !

great find Shmessy - when you find something 'similar' do not exitate...

ps = i was lucky to met and talk with both of them (with Gino once and with Gil twice)

correct !

great find Shmessy - when you find something 'similar' do not exitate...

ps = i was lucky to met and talk with both of them (with Gino once and with Gil twice)

I never met either of them, but I've felt like I've known them since I was a kid. Like they are people in the neighborhood. Growing up in the 1970's, most Pats home games were blacked out for local TV and the only way to follow was to listen to Gil and Gino. Millions of us barely knew what Schaeffer Stadium looked like.

I'm glad you met them. Did you parla italiana with Gino?

Last edited:
I never met either of them, but I've felt like I've known them since I was a kid. Like they are people in the neighborhood. Growing up in the 1970's, most Pats home games were blacked out for local TV and the only way to follow was to listen to Gil and Gino. Millions of us barely knew what Schaeffer Stadium looked like.

I'm glad you met them. Did you parla italiana with Gino?

no: i have spoken with him in english, he signed my italian flag too

Is this available as a podcast so I can listen on my ipod or is everyone listening on their computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes