PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Madden ratings out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remix 6 said:
yeah they had Bruschi as a FA last year i think..didnt have Hobbs our 3rd rounder. i mean its pretty common sense as to who will make roster besides the 5th-6th guys
In 360 06 Tedy isnt even in the game. Artrell Hawkins is as a free agent but it freaking sucks that Tedy wasnt in it.

Remix 6 said:
ay dont blame John .. he didnt make these ratings. im 85% sure he doesnt do all the ratings.
all madden does is sit in a recording studio one day a year and record his voice for the game. the rankings are done by all the ea sports geeks.

ummmm...how is patrick pass an 88??? hes a great player and all, but he has a higher rating than ty warren. thats ridiculous.

and dan klecko a 78??? wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
Brownfan80 said:
That's always funny to me. No matter which group of friends I've ever had, there's always been one of our football fan friends that was 'too good' for videogame football.

"It's just a GAME." He'd say.

"So is FOOTBALL." We'd say.

"But at least that's a REAL GAME, videogames are FAKE GAMES." He'd counter.

Then we'd throw the videogame box at him and ask him if it FELT fake.
:rofl:

That one hit the spot for me.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Madden "ratings" it isn't like the game is based on anything to do with real life......

No arrests every week by a member of the Bengals or a Steeler doing something stupid on a motorcycle...and I don't think they even have the "Manning cry" in there on a incomplete pass do they? Until they get "real" it is a poor imitaiton for the pure entertainment on and off the field compared to the real product.....

EA claims they do "alot of research" to come up with their ratings, but usually their ratings are based on hype/balance issues. At least Madden's are somewhat realistic (though I loved that they had some bitter looking black guy as Steve Neal's photo for years before they finally got it right last year), look at the hockey games for examples of really messed up ratings. Hal Gill was like a 85, Jiri Slegr a 82. Guys who put up 100 points last year were 75s. That and they have about 800 different rating categories... what exactly is the gameplay difference between "poise", "nerve", and "composure"? Damned if I know, but there were seperate ratings for all three.

Last edited:
Gostkowski and Mincey are in the game as free agents

R_T26 said:
Gostkowski and Mincey are in the game as free agents

how bout ocallaghan and mills

o'callaghan is in it, mills is not

These numbers weren't decided yesterday, I'm sure they are all done weeks ago, way before the preseason games started.

I think everyone expected Maroney to be solid, I'm not sure they were expecting the performances he's turned in so far in the preseason. (Averaging 6.3 yards per carry)

I wouldn't consider it some great slight by any means, after all, it's just a game, not real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back