PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Madden: Cowboys trying to "run it up" (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannoman

On the Roster
Reaction score
MNF: Dallas up 35-10 in 4th Q with 10 minutes to go. Dallas starters still in going for a TD and Madden says "If this was the Patriots, we be hearing that they're trying to run up the score".

All of a sudden I like madden. :)

'Boys up 35-10 with 11:15 left, Romo attempting a pass in the end zone for T.O. Incomplete. Next play:Rush goes for nothing. Field goal. 38-0.

As Madden said, "If this were the Patriots, you'd accuse them of running it up."

Better to kick the figgie or rush? I say pound it up the middle on fourth and give the Eagles a chance to stop them, but that's arguable.

Madden comment

Did anybody catch his Patriot comment on SNF? The Cowboys are posied to go up 42-10 early in the 4th quarter, and he says, "If this were the Patriots, you would say they are running up the score."

OK, I'm not sure, but my first reaction was this was a roilling-of-the-eyes-pro-Patriot statement... but I'm not entirely sure.

OK, he is now adding comments which suggests it was pro-Patiots.

Re: Cowboys trying to "run it up"

'Boys up 35-10 with 11:15 left, Romo attempting a pass in the end zone for T.O. Incomplete. Next play:Rush goes for nothing. Field goal. 38-0.

As Madden said, "If this were the Patriots, you'd accuse them of running it up."

Better to kick the figgie or rush? I say pound it up the middle on fourth and give the Eagles a chance to stop them, but that's arguable.

I have no problem with either one personally.

Re: Cowboys trying to "run it up"

Of course they're trying to run it up...

Points scored and point differential are an NFL tie breaker

The NFL actually ENCOURAGES teams to run it up. If they didn't want teams to do it they wouldn't make it a tiebreaker.

But none of the so called NFL experts ever mention this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back