PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On Sportscenter.

On Mike and Mike this morning, they said one of these four will get chosen:

Shaun Alexander
Ben Roethlisberger
LaDainian Tomlinson
Hines Ward

The Madden cover curse will give its unlucky victim a guaranteed injury. Remember Vick's broken leg (Madden 2004)? McNabb's injury last year (Madden 2006)? Ray Lewis' belated I.R. vist last year (Madden 2005)? How about Marshall Faulk in 2002 (Madden 2003)?

Yeah not to mention Nomar never being healthy again after appearing on the cover of SI five years ago!.

i already heard its Clinton Portis..

I'll bet its' rotten-burger.

My money is on...

Hines Ward

I say it's Hines Ward in his traditional Korean garb.:D

Hoodie said:
I say it's Hines Ward in his traditional Korean garb.:D

This is what they invented photoshop for...

capt.sel80104090717.south_korea_super_bowl_mvp_sel801.jpg

Someone's gotta put that on a Madden cover!

The Sr. Director of Athlete and Talent Relations just said it was "a key running back" on ESPNews.

Last edited:
Brilliant pic, pats1! You should send it into profootballtalk, they'll put it up.

pats1 said:
The Sr. Director of Athlete and Talent Relations just said it was "a key running back" on ESPNews.

Wow...surprising that they went with a Seattle Seahawk.

http://www.easports.com/madden07/news.jsp

April 20, 2006 – Electronic Arts announced today that NFL MVP and NFC Champion running back Shaun Alexander will appear on the cover of Madden NFL 07, the newest iteration of the EA SPORTS™ best-selling football franchise with the official videogame license of the NFL and its players. With this year’s focus on the running game, Alexander is the perfect representative for the cover of the most popular football videogame franchise. Last year Madden NFL 06 sold more than six million copies.

“To be on the cover of Madden NFL 07 is a big milestone in my career since I have always been a huge fan of this franchise,†said Alexander. “EA SPORTS is focusing on the running game in this year’s version, so I was honored when I was chosen to be on the cover to represent the improved running game.â€

Well, there goes the Seahawks' season...

re

pats1 said:

Hahahaha pats1!! I laughed for a good half minute at that pic. Well done. That is putting photoshop skills to good use.

Hilarious!!!!

pats1 said:
On Sportscenter.

On Mike and Mike this morning, they said one of these four will get chosen:

Shaun Alexander
Ben Roethlisberger
LaDainian Tomlinson
Hines Ward

The Madden cover curse will give its unlucky victim a guaranteed injury. Remember Vick's broken leg (Madden 2004)? McNabb's injury last year (Madden 2006)? Ray Lewis' belated I.R. vist last year (Madden 2005)? How about Marshall Faulk in 2002 (Madden 2003)?
Don't forget Culpepper's season ending knee injury for Madden 2002, and Eddie George the year before (no major injuries, but lots of minor ones that resulted in his worse season to date at that time)

Do superbowl losers get priority on Madden covers?

This year Alexander, last year McNabb.

Marshall Faulk the year after we beat the Rams.

Eddie George? I think he was two years after the Rams beat the Titans.

Ray Lewis and Michael Vick on the cover? No reason, unless Madden has a soft spot for high visibility players whose rep far exceeds their accomplishments (as long as you exccde self-promotion from the list of Lewis's accomplishments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back