PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Madden 2016 (for those who care)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell should be fired just for giving EA the exclusive rights.

**Still buys the game every year tho**

All three seem grossly underrated. :)

To be fair, Brady is the 2nd rated QB behind Rodgers and his passing stats are just as good as Rodgers. I believe he has the highest rated Short Throw Accuracy and Medium Throw Accuracy in the game and is like 3rd or 4th in deep ball accuracy.

Rodgers athletic stats keep him higher than Brady in Madden and probably real life too. To be 38 and ranked by nearly everyone as either the best or 2nd best active QB is incredible. Brady is not disrespected in this version of Madden by any standards. (And yes, I know your post was sarcasm)

If anything, Edelman and Solder are rather underrated players on our roster. Maybe Stork too.

For those complaining about Malcom Brown at 72, very few rookies EVER crack the 80 barrier and 72 seems to be pretty average for high picks. He'll rise. Very quickly, too, if what we've heard through the offseason so far plays out in games.

Rodgers athletic stats keep him higher than Brady in Madden and probably real life too. To be 38 and ranked by nearly everyone as either the best or 2nd best active QB is incredible. Brady is not disrespected in this version of Madden by any standards. (And yes, I know your post was sarcasm)

More humor than sarcasm. :)

This might be the best Madden yet. Looks intense!

^ that was awesome

Anybody getting this on the PS4? Send me a PM with your PSN id if you are. I added a couple of people from the site last year but never played much multiplayer. I'd like to change that this year.

And for those thinking Malcolm Brown got a bad rating, Easley got a 74 rating last year...

Last edited:
I don't hate on Madden like a lot of people who end up buying it and claiming they have not played it since 2003, but the fact that I could set my packages in 2004 but I have not been able to do it on the PS3 or PS4 versions is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I would get delay of game penalties at the start of every game just to put Vereen in my shotgun plays and move Edelman into the slot. It was the same story defensively, except it took longer because the computer would pick it's play and I'd have to spend the whole first defensive drive moving Collins around (and other players).

Furthermore, not being able to set defensive assignments, something that could be done in the 2004 version, is equally f*cking ridiculous. You mean I can't have Revis (last season's version) follow the other team's highest rated received like in real life? Do the guys who make the game even understand the game of football? And I'm sorry, but Brady at 97 is laughable. I know some might accuse me of nitpicking and maybe I am a bit, but it just seems like he never gets the respect he's truly owed on the game . . . but I guess that's truly one of the things the creators get right every year because it's the same in real life, especially now.

With all that said, I'm likely going to pick up a copy at some point down the line because I yearn to play a football game during and after the season. It just sucks that EA purports to listen to the fans when they obviously do not because the things I outline have been requested for the past six or seven iterations of the game. Instead, they add dumb features like QB vision and other gimmicky sh*t to foster interest in the game, while also making it easier for any scrub to pick up a controller and instantly play like a superstar. And lastly, I don't expect to get sacked on every third drop back. What's up with that?

I had not purchased Madden since Vince Young was on the cover (2008?) But then I decided to grab 2015. One of the worst video game purchases I have ever made.

There does not exist an adequate football game in the video game world. And putting the NFL and the exclusive license aside, really, how do you guys enjoy that garbage?

I had not purchased Madden since Vince Young was on the cover (2008?) But then I decided to grab 2015. One of the worst video game purchases I have ever made.

There does not exist an adequate football game in the video game world. And putting the NFL and the exclusive license aside, really, how do you guys enjoy that garbage?

We enjoy it cause it's all we got.

I hear you and cannot disagree. I still buy it, though not EVERY year, because I love the game and have no alternative. EA keeps getting exclusivity and I just don't get it. It's the most annoying thing to me. I may eventually pick it up, but it will not be any time soon. I may just wait until the end of the season when I'm yearning for football and there isn't football anymore.

How has everybody who has the game liking it? It seems a lot more challenging with the new receiving mechanics but maybe that's because my MUT team sucks at the moment. I enjoy that there is more rewards for solo games. I also really like that most of the images for the Patriot players are from the Super Bowl :D

Anybody with this on the PS4 feel like starting a sunday morning league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back