Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad for America?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Sep 17, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I Glen Beck bad for America i say yes. He insights the ignorant into believing all things bad in their lives start and end with Obama. An angry White man with an agenda, an agenda that may get someone killed. Free speech may be the first amendment, but yelling fire in a theater isn't covered.

Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad for America? - Yahoo! News

The old American mind-set that Richard Hofstadter famously called "the paranoid style" - the sense that Masons or the railroads or the Pope or the guys in black helicopters are in league to destroy the country.

No one has a better feeling for this mood, and no one exploits it as well, as Beck

Fears of a Clown
    Beck is 45, tireless, funny, self-deprecating, a recovering alcoholic, a convert to Mormonism, a libertarian and living with ADHD. He is a gifted storyteller with a knack for stitching seemingly unrelated data points into possible conspiracies - if he believed in conspiracies, which he doesn't, necessarily; he's just asking questions.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Put in Bush for obama and you could have the same paragraph for Odorman and others.

I don't watch Beck a lot but I like him and I think he's VERY good for America, daring to approach issues that the so called MSM just ignore. And he generally "shows his work" as much as you can on a one hour TV show.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

Let's see he is a Libertarian such a sin ohhhh,

Well he exposed to corruption ACORN, Obama's old employer and his gofers. You can't refute that soemthing the rest of the MSM missed, so the persoanl attacks commmence. Never watched his show except brief snippets, however based on your whining he must be very effective critic of the current administration.

BTW you might want to check out the difference between insights and incites...
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Glenn Beck reminds me of what Phil Donahue wanted to be but nobody paid any attention to him.
  5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +628 / 6 / -18

Yeah, right.

Like juxtaposing Obama with Emmanuel Goldstein, goosestepping Nazis, and Stalin?

Granted, Beck is a charlatan; he's merely playing to the lowest common denominator, since that's what gets ratings on Fox News.
  6. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Without Beck we still have commy Van Jones and commy Acorn. By the way, I believe the house is currently voting to end funding to those scumsucking low lifes...I see approval ratings going up!!
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Beck is good for Foxarrazzi, but really bad for America.. what goes around comes around, the rules have changed and the gloves have come off..
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Van aJOnes became a Beck target ONLY after his action forced teh hands of beck's advertisers.

hahahahhah!!!!!

wow.....

Beck's rants on Van Jones had NOTHING to do with Van assiting in his advertisers being pulled....

nothing at all....

hahahhahhah!
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +503 / 6 / -2

To people who love Obama, and hate Faux News, Glenn sucks. To people who hate Obama, and love Fox News, Glenn rocks. Me? I've never watch his show, and don't care either way. He seems cheesy to me, and when I ever saw him holding Barbie Dolls on BOR, he pretty much solidified my impression of him, and guaranteed I wouldn't ever tune in.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +505 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's different, weird, perhaps cheesy but his type is necessary right now when the liberals are given free reign over everything without question.
  11. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +628 / 6 / -18

What, the type to whip up a populist rage based on paranoia and conspiracy theories against Obama? Internment camps? Seriously? You actually believe this tripe is at all legitimate or responsible?
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I actually used to like his radio show when he first started before 9/11. He was funny and straddled the political spectrum, like Jay Severin used to before 9/11.

Hmmmm. 9/11.

Seems both have latched onto the fraidy cat sector of the population. It makes good business sense. Problem is they and dorks like them have chosen to be flag-waiving cheerleaders for corporations and their wars which puts a huge burden on their cradibility because neither one of their "clients" is good for the People they so loudly claim to represent.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +505 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't watch his show as it's on at 2pm for me. I don't know everything he's said. But I do know he's done valuable work on ACORN, Van Jones and the like while the rest of the media has their thumbs up their ass spinning around.
  14. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

When you have Holy D., Reflex B., and Darryl calling you an idiot, making up garbage about you, and hating everything you stand for, well it's quite obvious, YES, you are good for America.

Based upon Glenn's ratings and his increased advertisor base, he's doing something right. Couple that with his exposure of ACORN and Van Jones, yes, definitely good for America.
  15. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I think you hit on the best description of Beck. If you agree with him, you believes that he gives insight, but if you oppose him, you believe he incites.
  16. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +628 / 6 / -18

Actually he lost a ton of advertising after calling the President a racist. But I'm sure that appeals to your type.
  17. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And he's picked up a ton more - and his ratings are fantastic for his time-slot.

I don't see him being collared by FOX do you?
  18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Sorry IJ i never mentioned you in the thread starter, you put yourself there. So if you feel i was calling you an idiot when i didn't maybe theres something there.

Ratings have nothing to do with whether hes good or not. I'm a serious gun owner witn a FFL liscence. One of the people i'd hold responsable if something were to happen to my rights would be Beck . Last spring he was spouting this nonsense about Obama taking away guns and some fruit bag in Pittsburgh who listen to him took it seriously and shoot three cops.

Again YOU CAN'T YELL FIRE IN A THEATER.

If you believe Beck is a responsable political pundent then your among the lowest common denominaters
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Interesting although idiotic post, be content in your beliefs.. it amazes me how the right is so desperate to hang on to someone they can belief in, shows the intellectual deficit of the Repbublican Party. They will go to their graves defending a person such as this.

If you check the posts do not believe ever called someone an idiot, may have said it is idiotic.. but not the same.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Beck:
    They hate him or anybody that stands up to them or who seem to threaten them, remember Sarah.