PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MacMullan: Randy Moss put himself first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MacMullan:Randy Moss put himself first

"Welker sat patiently while Moss talked about himself, his contract and his feelings. But, after 14 minutes or so, even Welker had heard enough. He stood up and walked out."

Did you hate Manny too?

Did you hate Manny too?

Didn't hate Manny, don't hate Moss. I just call them as I see them and I don't engage in embarrassing see no evil/hear no evil puppy love that so many "fans" engage in with these players.
BTW, Manny won rings and played big in big games
Moss?? Not so much.

Touche...Randy still has a chance though...and we DID get robbed in the Supe where he would have been the hero...all in all I'd rather put up with Moss than deal with a Galloway

didn't read the article, don't read 90% of the articles posted here.

However, the title isn't wrong at all. Talking about his contract after a win was unacceptable, no matter how you want to spin it. Luckily, he was putting himself first in a press conference and not the actual game which at the end of the day is all that matters.

Regardless, still a dissapointing and unprofessional conference from randy.

^^^ this ^^^

players need to worry about themselves. the last people who will worry about the player is this FO

The sportswriters are going to blow this out of proportion, but Jackie isn't wrong on this one. It was a bad time to come out with a rant like that (not that there's ever a good time with this organization) and Moss is going to take a bit of a beating. I think the guy is basically a little immature and naive, and he probably is genuinely hurt -- but just doesn't understand how badly he sounds when he talks like this.

Talking about his contract? Moss wasn't talking about his contract.

He was talking about sportswriters being idiots, and I think this guy just did a wonderful job of proving Moss right.

"Welker sat patiently while Moss talked about himself, his contract and his feelings. But, after 14 minutes or so, even Welker had heard enough. He stood up and walked out."

When nature calls. ...

I think this will ultimately be a footnote to a good season. I take Randy at his word that this is the last time he speaks (I definitely hope it is, even when he re-signs!)

As far as taking away from the team's win: From SMY on Twitter yesterday, it sounds like Randy was going to get this off his chest after the game regardless of outcome. I think this would have come across worse if it followed an opening loss.

Damnit, another non issue that we'll have to hear about the whole damn year. Randy sure as hell didn't decide two weeks ago that he was unhappy with his current contract. Yet he still worked his tail off this off season. He's going to play and play well this entire year.

He also should have held his press conference on a day other than the opener where he and his teammates just scored a big win.

My read...Randy is a businessman, and he has to understand Welker's value to this team and Welker's $3.5 mill average pay through 2011 is insufficient considering his production. My guess is that Moss feels threatened that the Patriots may shift dollars away from the deep threat, whoever that may be next year and towards Welker. Can the Patriots continue to Moss 260% more than Welker? I expect Welker to stir the pot in the offseason so Randy has decided to get the early lead. The Pats are lucky that WRs 3-5 are minimum wage guys and their TEs are on the low end also. That leaves Moss and Welker fighting for the real bucks...and I have trouble believing that Moss is the most valuable WR on the roster.

I love Randy, but he shouldn't talk to the media at all. Take the BB route and say as little as possible. There's simply no benefit for him to talk to the media, and every time he tries, it doesn't end the way he thinks it should.

Just don't bother with the Boston media, let your play do all your talking.

I love Randy, but he shouldn't talk to the media at all. Take the BB route and say as little as possible. There's simply no benefit for him to talk to the media, and every time he tries, it doesn't end the way he thinks it should.

Just don't bother with the Boston media, let your play do all your talking.

attitude reflects leadership. maybe the pats should offer a contract that is contingent on a public apology.

I love R Moss, he plays hard and makes the Team better.

I hate sportswriters who try to manufacture controversy.

My read...Randy is a businessman, and he has to understand Welker's value to this team and Welker's $3.5 mill average pay through 2011 is insufficient considering his production. My guess is that Moss feels threatened that the Patriots may shift dollars away from the deep threat, whoever that may be next year and towards Welker. Can the Patriots continue to Moss 260% more than Welker? I expect Welker to stir the pot in the offseason so Randy has decided to get the early lead. The Pats are lucky that WRs 3-5 are minimum wage guys and their TEs are on the low end also. That leaves Moss and Welker fighting for the real bucks...and I have trouble believing that Moss is the most valuable WR on the roster.

I love Wes Welker. I really do, but if he thinks hes anywhere near as valuable as Moss, he needs to pull his head out of his ass. Moss makes 260% as much as Welker, because hes that much better.

Welker has been so productive in large part because Randy does what Randy does: take the top off the defense.

I love R Moss, he plays hard and makes the Team better.

I hate sportswriters who try to manufacture controversy.

Manufacture controversy? Did you watch the press conference. Moss went on and on like a fool. Actually, more like a self-absorbed fool, which is what Moss proved himself to be by somehow calculating that the moment after a big, decisive opening victory was the moment that required he set everyone straight about his problem.

Fine, Randy wants a new contract, that's understandable. But not being able to wait until they came back on Tuesday or Wednesday showed little perspective. Moss says all the time that he doesn't care "what ya'll think" (as Patriots basher and Moss apologist Ron Bogus continually reminded us last night). But for a guy who doesn't care what people think he sure spent a lot of time *****ing about how he is viewed in the media and by the fans.

Manufacture controversy? Did you watch the press conference. Moss went on and on like a fool. Actually, more like a self-absorbed fool, which is what Moss proved himself to be by somehow calculating that the moment after a big, decisive opening victory was the moment that required he set everyone straight about his problem.

Fine, Randy wants a new contract, that's understandable. But not being able to wait until they came back on Tuesday or Wednesday showed little perspective. Moss says all the time that he doesn't care "what ya'll think" (as Patriots basher and Moss apologist Ron Bogus continually reminded us last night). But for a guy who doesn't care what people think he sure spent a lot of time *****ing about how he is viewed in the media and by the fans.

Clearly you didn't. Moss mentioned his contract for like 5 seconds. His comments were about the sports media, and ****ty fans.

attitude reflects leadership. maybe the pats should offer a contract that is contingent on a public apology.

Maybe. But I think the way he's conducting his business is a sure-fire way to not even get a contract offer in the first place.

The Mankins thing is a completely different issue (and I'm still not sure I believe all the details behind that report), with a player calling out the owner and FO and never wanting to play here again and all sorts of ugliness associated with it.

I don't like the way Randy is handling this last year of his contract, but they're different situations.

and I have trouble believing that Moss is the most valuable WR on the roster.

not a single defensive coordinator in the NFL agrees with you.

not a single defensive coordinator in the NFL agrees with you.

Exactly. There's a reason why Randy Moss gets a CB and a safety, and Wes Welker still gets covered by a linebacker half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back