PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MacMullan: Randy Moss put himself first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MacMullan:Randy Moss put himself first

I am really getting tired of these no-talent parasites who call themselves sportswriters. They never tire of effing with my homeboy.

then do something...call the shows...e-mail them...WE are sick of it..the damned announcer tonight said Brady had "a pretty good game" today...PRETTY GOOD???

we are hated...and a lot of it stems from OUR local press

Hackie MacMullan chirps in...

then do something...call the shows...e-mail them...WE are sick of it..the damned announcer tonight said Brady had "a pretty good game" today...PRETTY GOOD???

we are hated...and a lot of it stems from OUR local press

Without hearing it for myself, I can't tell if the guy was serious or just going for humorous understatement.

[As opposed to the completely nonsensical, like Greg Gumbel's "even his TDs are having babies" comment against the LOLphins in 2007.]

he was dead serious and even inferred that Palmer had a better game....it's a total joke,CT

I just listened to the whole Moss interview. This was all in response to the Felgers and the like who said Randy would dog it this year and become the "old Randy". he wasnt succint and rambled a bit so they're taking his message out of context and have strayed way off the beaten path.

media doesn't exist to me this week. Can we just throw all their junk into one giant "I HATE MOSS" thread?

I love Reiss.

Went to his blog and started reading articles. I came to the inevitable Moss press conference article and he has one...but it's written by some guy that doesn't write any other articles on the blog.

It's like he said here, you write this crap, I just write football.

Sports writers who write outside their zone are generally terrible 99% of the time. Occasionally Bill Simmons can write a decent Red Sox article, but these things are rare. Jackie MacMullan and Bob Ryan are very insiteful when it comes to their sport - basketball - but when they venture outside basketball they're about as informative as a brick. Just as I wouldn't want to hear Peter Gammons give his opinion on the NHL, I don't care what Jackie MacMullan thinks about the NFL or its players.

I can't stand this dude, especially when he's on Around the Horn.

Also, why does he keep wearing girls clothes?

Boston Sportswriters have been licking there chops for Randy to go off his rocker, guess what he has.

Botton line is Randy Moss is pissed off that Brady got a 72 million dollar extension and he didn't so he feels unwanted. I don't think McMullen is off base on the column. Brady is the franchise and has helped build this franchise to where it is today Randy Moss has not. Sorry if Moss feels entitled, but last time I checked he doesn't have a superbowl ring on any of his fingers.

BB doesn't go out of his way to compliment any player and never has but has come out publicly and complimented Moss at the beginning of the week.

Moss needs a shrink and needs one soon, any one have any referals?

When do players start undertanding its about the team and not themselves obviosly Randy Moss didn't get that memo,(See Brady, Welker).

I love Reiss.

Went to his blog and started reading articles. I came to the inevitable Moss press conference article and he has one...but it's written by some guy that doesn't write any other articles on the blog.

It's like he said here, you write this crap, I just write football.

I guess it's your lucky night you didn't catch Mike on Sports Final, then. He essentially echoed that other "guy". Gonna be tough for his fanbase to comprehend, I guess...

Damnit, another non issue that we'll have to hear about the whole damn year. Randy sure as hell didn't decide two weeks ago that he was unhappy with his current contract. Yet he still worked his tail off this off season. He's going to play and play well this entire year.

Count on MacMullan to write the easiest (and least insightful) story possible.

Didn't read the article, don't read 90% of the articles posted here.

However, the title isn't wrong at all. Talking about his contract after a win was unacceptable, no matter how you want to spin it. Luckily, he was putting himself first in a press conference and not the actual game which at the end of the day is all that matters.

Regardless, still a dissapointing and unprofessional conference from Randy.

who cares?...I don't....I STILL love Manny even though he yapped his way out of town. I swear, half of the fans here would rather have Tony Eason back here going into the fetal position than throw any kind of compliment towards the greatest QB in Pats history. Every damn thread seems to be a complaint factory....the Pats won by FOURTEEN POINTS today...you sack up and bet the house YOU are on easy street the rest of your life.Nah, let's all ***** and moan about Randy Moss, who did EXACTLY what the Pats needed him to do today.Do I hate Lawyer Milloy?...NO...do I hate Ty Law?....NO...McG???...NO...VRabel???NO...Adam?...NO.I love these guys and what they've done for the TEAM I've always loved.

Look at all the threads in the queue...you see ONE "Tom Brady played great today" thread? Jeezus, I ENJOYED the game today....WTF were the rest of you watching?

Last edited:

Moss will Get paid Eventually

Boston Sportswriters have been licking there chops for Randy to go off his rocker, guess what he has.

Botton line is Randy Moss is pissed off that Brady got a 72 million dollar extension and he didn't so he feels unwanted. I don't think McMullen is off base on the column. Brady is the franchise and has helped build this franchise to where it is today Randy Moss has not. Sorry if Moss feels entitled, but last time I checked he doesn't have a superbowl ring on any of his fingers.

BB doesn't go out of his way to compliment any player and never has but has come out publicly and complimented Moss at the beginning of the week.

Moss needs a shrink and needs one soon, any one have any referals?

When do players start undertanding its about the team and not themselves obviosly Randy Moss didn't get that memo,(See Brady, Welker).

What incredible access to the team you must have to know all of this and speak so confidently about it. :rolleyes:

Moss asserted his right to sabotage the Patriots' PR, while saying he would never, never, never give less than his best effort in the game or in his training for the game.

He further said he didn't plan to do much of that sabotage.

Agree or disagree with him, it's not so crazy a position as to justify a lot of anti-Moss ranting.

Of course, a big part of his talk was saying he didn't much care about the media. So of course they hated it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes