Welcome to PatsFans.com

MA governor race...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MOSS, Sep 22, 2010.

1. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Talk all about it here.

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=...09/18/poll_suggests_governors_race_is_tossup/

Poll suggests governor’s race is tossup
    Baker on heels of Patrick; Cahill slips further back

By Noah Bierman
    Globe Staff / September 18, 2010
    E-mail|Print|Reprints| Text size – +
    A poll on the governor’s race released yesterday suggests that Republican gubernatorial candidate Charles D. Baker remains close to Democratic Governor Deval Patrick, with independent Timothy P. Cahill, the state treasurer, falling further behind.

The Rasmussen Reports poll indicated that Patrick leads Baker 42 percent to 38 percent among likely voters, with Cahill at 11 percent; Green-Rainbow candidate Jill Stein was not included. The firm’s previous Massachusetts poll, conducted two weeks ago, had Patrick at 39 percent, Baker at 34 percent, and Cahill at 18 percent.

The new results are within the poll’s 4.5 percent margin of error, and Rasmussen now says it has moved the race from “Leans Democrat’’ to “Tossup’’ on its national scorecard.

If so-called leaners are included — those who initially do not indicate a preference for a candidate — the margin at the top tightens and Cahill’s support drops further. Including leaners, Patrick leads Baker 45 percent to 42 percent, with Cahill garnering 5 percent. The previous Rasmussen poll indicated a similar pattern with leaners included, with Patrick leading Baker 44 percent to 42 percent, and Cahill taking 8 percent.

Baker’s campaign said that the new poll results suggest that Patrick remains unpopular and that Baker, still unknown by many voters, has room to grow. Patrick’s campaign counters that the poll was taken just after the governor launched his first TV ad, while his opponents have already been on the airwaves for weeks.

Cahill’s campaign yesterday dismissed suggestions that his candidacy was in trouble, saying the treasurer drew 1,400 people to a rally and fund-raiser in Quincy on Thursday night. In a statement, Cahill said his opponents should not count him out.

“Something special is happening right now and we are seeing it everywhere,’’ he said. “I have always had faith in the people of Massachusetts, and I continue to have faith that they will elect me their next governor on November 2d.’’
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +336 / 1 / -9

Anything can happen now even in Massachusetts, Obama and the Pelosi Gang
    have destroyed what was left of a once great "patriotic working mans party"

The democrats will make a comeback in America but it will take years to repair the damage these arrogant far left wing bastards have done.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

Anybody but Deval.
  4. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fixed your post.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Rasmussen tends to be the pollster Republicans like most because he generally has the worst results for Democrats. My guess is that Patrick is leading by a few percentage points more. After all, compared to most other states, MA is recovering quite nicely, with unemployment down. In addition, compared with other states, unions are quite strong here and the Tea Party is not that strong. Patrick hasn't been perfect, but he seems to have grown with the job, and there have been relatively few negative stories concerning his administration for a good year or so.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still waiting for my property taxes to go down, Deval.... you know, the very basis of your campaign platform last time.
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My property taxes went way down... along with my property value...
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

Please don't fix my posts. Like I said, anybody but Deval. I'd take Stein, Cahill, or Baker before I give the inept Mr Patrick another 4 years.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're one of the lucky few. My property value has gone down but the assessment certainly didn't so I'm paying just as much as ever.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

The man is a terrible governor. This state benefits from it's geographical location, as well as its medical, and higher educational markets. That's why we don't see things as badly as most states, and a lot of time, never quite as good. The inept gov has raised taxes, has bloated state rolls, and has grown government. He has to go. Only the deadbeats, and the unions are going to vote for him, which in this state makes up a lot of people. Probably enough to get him elected, when you count in the illegals too. Cahill won't drop out because he's a democrat in the end, and he knows he hurts Baker if he stays in the race. I'm voting for Richard Tisei.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +336 / 1 / -9

Deval, another poster boy.
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I have not been following it
    ... but on the D&C WEEI show this morning they said Cahill will help Deval Patrick win.

their theory is that a 3rd party candidate always helps someone win ... which is a good point.

Discuss if you wish ... i could care less i have my own RI problems.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  13. hudlander

hudlander Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sounds like DP has could remain.
  14. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Tim Cahill camp shocker

As November approaches, this race will tighten up. It's time for Deval to go.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  15. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Like rats abandoning a sinking ship.

Tim Cahill made a deal with the Deval. He's only running to be a spoiler and siphon votes from Baker. Wonder if more staffers will leave his campaign.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

I told my friends that if Cahill backed out cuz of flopping numbers, then he's a sincere candidate. However, my view is that he won't, because he knows he helps Patrick get re-elected. Cahill is a former supporter of Patrick, and is a life long Democrat. He's no liberal, but he knows where his bread is buttered. I'd prefer him to Patrick. Heck, I'd prefer Stein to Free'em All Deval.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

If I had th time, and could pick someone I could hang out with for a while Stein would be the only one (maybe at a jazz club in Northampton). She can't win, but I like underdogs. She's big on the environment and she's the only candidate who refuses to accept campaign donations from registered lobbyists or from corporate officers of corporations who employ lobbyists. I like that a lot.

Another loser who gets my vote.
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Cahill staffer leaving was interesting, but if the news about jobs in MA keeps being good then Devall has this one in the bag.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

I will say that from the first time I saw a gubernatorial debate that included people like Stein, and other assorted parties, I loved it. I wish they did that on a national level, but of course, that game is rigged from the start.
  20. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is politics in America in a nutshell. No money = no victory.