Welcome to PatsFans.com

MA Considers Monthly Limit On Gun Purchases

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Pro-gun argues that the bill unfairly targets law-abiding people.

Either way will eliminating 36% of of the problem "put the weapons dealers out of business"? Of course not, it'll just drive it completely underground, where the real money's made.
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +536 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Oddly enough, Virginia, a generally "pro-gun" state, has had this kind of law on the books for a long time. The dealers there are certainly not hurting, but then again, Virginia probably has a higher percentage of people who would purchase firearms.

I don't know Massachusetts' laws regarding gun shows, but in Virginia, gun shows tend to be exempt from many of the more restrictive laws. Of course, private sales are very high down there. I obtained many of my firearms through private sales.

Meh, in any case, there really isn't a strong correlation between gun-control and crime one way or the other. It is simply another way for politicians to provide the appearance that they are doing something about crime.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

They're after the Republican, Right Wing, Christians Gun, the guy with the legal permit who has owned a gun for 50years and has never drawn it, the stinking savage gang banger can buy a gun in any school yard in America in ten minutes.
  4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Empty law...good in intention but not going to do a damn thing to stop guns from reaching the gangbangers and druggies.

The so-called "gun traffickers" aren't going to buy in bulk out in the open, they are going to buy illegally in secret and the people who want/need those guns are going to get them no matter where they come from and regardless of what laws are in place.

The only people this may affect are antiques dealers and sellers and gun store owners who MAY buy in bulk but may not have to buy in bulk with the already strict regulations in place. So what the law is really doing is simple: restricting the flow of legal guns even more, just another attempt to stop all gun sales period. :rolleyes:
  5. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

+10. Even those 36% know they don't have to go to a gun shop to buy weapons, in fact they'll probably go through less red tape by buying underground. Just like the Drug War; illegal things don't require an ID or much of anything else for that matter, just straight cash homey. Legal things require some paperwork. AND money.

I'm with you elfin; so begins the incremental gun control, presented under the umbrella of "crime control" so nobody will notice:rolleyes:.
  6. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If someone breaks in to your house, which is faster, calling 911 and waiting for police or the time it takes a hollow point to leave my gun and enter the perp center mass? I don't know about you, but if someone wants to limit me from having a gun, they better argue better than "it prevents crime!"
  7. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's MA for you:bricks: Even here though people aren't fooled, but there might be enough of them who are to make this bill happen. Hopefully not.
  8. Amazon4

Amazon4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The problem is the bunch of yahoos on Beacon Hill who think by passing this garbage "feel good" crap will get them re-elected - including our Gov.

Oh, and the little darlings shooting each other, of course. But we can't do anything real about that, can we? Let's just keep making it harder on legal gun owners.

This is nonsense.