PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M Cannon on ESPN: Lump has totally disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimman

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Marcus Cannon Interview

Great news from Marcus Cannon to hear that the lump is gone. He even looks exceptionally healthy for a kid going through chemotherapy treatments. I really think he could get healthy for the 2011 season (whenever it starts :rolleyes:) and really change the dynamic of our free agency needs. I dont know how much he will be able to contribute but its definitely looking less like he will need to be IR'd or put on PUP.

Good interview all together he seemed like he will fit right in here at New England. Especially love the last segment where he talks about how much he loves football. Its looking more and more like a steal and possible home run.

Last edited:
That's great news. I think a lot of teams will regret passing on Marcus. He's got heart and he's got talent. Can't wait to see what he's capable of.

Last edited:
That's great news, really happy for the kid. He's really impressive to listen to. In another piece, they were asking him about how the combine might have cost him millions of dollars but he was talking about how he felt blessed because it actually saved his life by catching it so early. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

Link to Rick Reilly article on Cannon.

Hold for Coach Belichick - ESPN

B takes the chance maybe a big payoff the young man's health is the first concern of course.

B takes the chance maybe a big payoff the young man's health is the first concern of course.

Thanks for the link. Moving to read it and happy to see such sense, maturity and gratitude in a young kid facing such a situation.

here's rooting for him to be play at a high level as a NEP for at least a dozen years and live a long healthy life with this same wonderful attitude! :)

I had the same Malformation Westmoreland had but I had that surgery as a child... I had a cancer relapse 5yrs ago 19 y/o

I am so happy for him. My surgey effed me up but cancer and chemo s ucks folks.

I admire herzlich as well for his fight Cancer is no joke ppl. Herzlich will be a best in 2.5 years qwuote me.

Cannon will be a STEAL the sky is the limit. I am so happy :)

saw this on roto 3-5 days ago. Gr8 news had to comment.

Atleast he did not have surgery to remove a malformation from the brain. that messes everything up. I heard Ryan had to relearn everything like getting dressed tie shoes etc... my recovery was not as burdening. Sure it killed my sports but I still dominate the avg Joe:)

especially at catching ;-)

His treatments aren't complete yet but it is good that he is making progress. It is hard to get too excited until he's all done.

His face completely lights up when he talks about the call with BB; that was cute. Also, happy to hear he thinks of himself as a "prankster". I'm sure Tom and Wes never ever partake in any such shenanigans so maybe he can show them the ropes. ;)

Last edited:
they caught it early which is fantastic HEALTH>FOOTBALL

Great news!

lol,anybody notice how his every sentence begins and ends with "you know "

Says in the interview that he hasn't lost any weight. Thats amazing. Kid could be a 6 game PUP and then play. Maybe even better than that dare I say.

I am so happy for this kid. Once you see how bad things can really be, you can take on almost anything else in the world.

Even if,, God Forbid, he never played a down in the NFL, how good would it feel to know that, on your worst day, the greatest coach in the NFL has faith in you?

His treatments aren't complete yet but it is good that he is making progress. It is hard to get too excited until he's all done.

His face completely lights up when he talks about the call with BB; that was cute. Also, happy to hear he thinks of himself as a "prankster". I'm sure Tom and Wes never ever partake in any such shenanigans so maybe he can show them the ropes. ;)

I believe that Matt Light was also a big prankster.

Great to hear that things seem to be going extremely well for the kid.

Last edited:
Great News for Marcus !! Praying for a full recovery coming his way..

Pats are a strong enough team that they can take a flyer on him....if he works out, which looks highly likely, he'll be a STEAL where he was picked...give him a nice payday after he shows his stuff and his contract is almost up.....Pats OL looks to be getting ready to dominate for a few years....

NOW....Lets play some football .............:eek:

Also, happy to hear he thinks of himself as a "prankster". I'm sure Tom and Wes never ever partake in any such shenanigans so maybe he can show them the ropes. ;)

I read somewhere he was the biggest prankster on TCU. And combine that with Matt Light.. definitely will make the O-Line formidable off the field in our own locker room. :D

I am so happy for this kid. Once you see how bad things can really be, you can take on almost anything else in the world.

Even if,, God Forbid, he never played a down in the NFL, how good would it feel to know that, on your worst day, the greatest coach in the NFL has faith in you?

Can I send some of my co-workers to you for therapy? :idea2:

I'm less concerned with Cannon contributing in 2011, than I am in seeing him get healthy. Whats not to like about this kid? I think he'll have a lot to offer to the locker room in the way of inspiration, passion, sense of family and religious foundation.

I'd rather see the Patriots go 0-16 with a team full of guys like Cannon than go 16-0 with a bunch guys like Pac Man Jones.

Reading Cannon's lump has almost disappeared has strangely made my lump appear. Ummmm... no homo I swear.

That's encouraging news for Cannon and his family first and foremost.

Can I send some of my co-workers to you for therapy? :idea2:

I find bourbon to be an especially vibrant therapy. Applied internally, it seems to have a uniquely palliative effect most conducive to conviviality while calming those conditions which are likely to weigh most heavily upon one's soul. :cool:

I find bourbon to be an especially vibrant therapy. Applied internally, it seems to have a uniquely palliative effect most conducive to conviviality while calming those conditions which are likely to weigh most heavily upon one's soul. :cool:

True Story!! :rocker:

Now you're talking! I'm about to crack a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. The first pour is to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes