Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lynndie England Apologizes, sort of.. it is the fault of the press

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 20, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Lynndie England goes public in a British publication, not much to say, but interesting anyways... still convinced that she is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/03/ap_lynndieengland_031808/

BERLIN — Lynndie England, the public face of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, told a German news magazine that she was sorry for appearing in photographs of detainees in the notorious Iraqi prison, and believes the scenes of torture and humiliation served as a powerful rallying point for anti-American insurgents.

In an interview with the weekly magazine Stern conducted in English and posted on its Web site Tuesday, England was both remorseful and unrepentant — and conceded that the published photos surely incensed insurgents in Iraq.

“I guess after the picture came out the insurgency picked up and Iraqis attacked the Americans and the British and they attacked in return and they were just killing each other. I felt bad about it ... no, I felt pissed off. If the media hadn’t exposed the pictures to that extent, then thousands of lives would have been saved,” she was quoted as saying.

Asked how she could blame the media for the controversy, she said it wasn’t her who leaked the photos.

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Stupid, immature move by our forces running Abu Ghraib, but absolutely NOTHING compared with videos of men being beheaded on camera. Absolutely no comparison.

//

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

I do not disagree in principal, but once again we are the civilized folks who are trying to bring democracy to this region.. it was very poor form by these folks, taking pictures only made it worse. We are supposed to show people how democracy works, not anarchy..

4. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What a pig. Typical American avoidance-of-responsibility response. "It's not MY fault... it's THEIR fault!"

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I would hardly call it "anarchy", more like typical frat boys and their girls getting juiced and carried away. It was shameful behavior, to be sure, and it's been cleaned up.

Seems like the beheaders came to realize that their video productions of cutting off civilians' heads were doing more for recruiting Americans and others to go fight them than they bargained for, too.

//

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Isn't it demeaning to call our soldiers Frat Boys?? This was anarchy pure and simple, and can happen easily in institutions when there is an absence of leadership or leadership who think that their people are doing the right thing sans oversight.

The second part has nothing to do with the first, except it is another lame attempt to hijack another thread.

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WHAT?!:eek:
    It's a good idea to read your posts before you submit them. Then you have the chance to edit them better.:cool:

8. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

She is not remorseful ,and she's not sorry.

Why blame the medias doing their job ! Lady , if you did your job correctly , didn't torture iraqis , the medias wouldn't publish your scandal.

Whats wrong with these people?

You are sorry , well go back to iraq and work for an association with no profit , and help iraqi kids , can you do that for me?

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You want to call our soldiers "anarchists" and that's OK with you; but if I call their actions immature and stupid, like frat boys, you get your knickers in a bind!!!

:rofl:

Are you actually a woman? Are you a spurned woman, now looking for men to beat on?? You sure act like one.

And, no, what the stupid hijinks American soldiers did at Abu Garaib to inflame the militants is precisely what terrorist beheadings did to solidify Americans and righteous people to determine to defeat those terrorists. Very obvious and totally on topic.

//

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha:

I can only guess you know what you're talking about here, but I doubt anyone else does.

//

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

What I said was anarchy ensued, that is something I am quite familiar with due to many years being in institutional work.. it happens when there is no leadership. These soldiers were anarchists when this occurred, pure and simple.. I did not call every soldier an anarchist, just this select few. I know all you righties want to believe the frat boy argument, but it does not play well on most of us.. it is much more than that.

The rest of you dribble is just another hateful, intolerant thread... and an attempt to hijack this whole conversation.. but what else is new???

12. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's because you're an idiot.
    You're comparing what these pigs dressed like soldiers did to embarrass America and their fellow soldiers to some frat prank. That's idiotic.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you are looking for hate and intolerance, he's right there in your mirror.

//

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Idiot", indeed. Not so nice way to speak to a fellow board member, Wistah.

//

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Time to move on, you refuse to deal with the issue at hand.. want to hijack the thread.. keep reading the right wing blogs.. it was much more than a Fraternity Prank.. that is what they want the sheeple to believe.. it was a whole lot more than that.. it was an attempt to not only debase them, but their religious ideology as well. That is much more than a hazing... but keep on believing..

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sure thing.

So, then, how many heads did they cut off??

How many bodies did they mutilate by removing the genitals??

How many prisoners did they set on fire??

How many prisoners did they hang from the ceiling by their ankles??

When any American does what the monsters of terrorism in Iraq did to Americans, then you can start your little self-righteous screed. Until then, you are just peeing in the wind. And it's blowing your way.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

//

17. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You're right...My apologies. Uncalled-for uncivility.
    You're just pretending to not know what I was talking about. I couldn't tell the difference.

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I wasn't pretending.

//

19. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I think you should watch " Taxi on dark side" ,we killed innocent people , some times by mistake , and sometimes not by mistake.

"I'm sorry for the hate and destruction I've inflicted upon innocent people"
    http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=41605

20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Foggy I've read you're posts for a long time can YOU say HYPOCRITE,one who puts on a mask and feigns himself to be what he is not; a dissembler in religion. Our Lord severely rebuked the scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy (Matt. 6:2, 5, 16). "The hypocrite's hope shall perish" (Job 8:13). The Hebrew word here rendered "hypocrite" rather means the "godless" or "profane," as it is rendered in Jer. 23:11, i.e., polluted with crimes.Or if you like:

Synonyms: actor, beguiler, bluffer, charlatan, cheat, con man, deceiver, empiric, fake, faker, four-flusher*, fraud, hypocrite, imitator, impersonator, masquerader, mimic, mocker, mountebank, pettifogger, phony, pretender, pseud, quack, rogue, scorner, sham, sharper, shyster, trickster, wolf

You consistantly attack people,(usually first) throw out various names and when they come back at You you throw you're hands up in protest of innocence "thats no way to treat a fellow board member" when you just did it you're self