Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This story has now reached the stage of "What does the fact that the Patriots did this mean"
Aren't we many miles ahead of reality.
1) NO ONE involved in this episode has spoken about what happened, if there is or is not guilt, or what the specific violation is.
2) The "evidence" is that a Patriot employee was on the field with a videocamera. There is ABSOLUTELY NO VERIFIABLE ACCOUNT OF WHAT HE FILMED, IF ANYTHING.
3) The MEDIA has DECIDED that he was filming Jet coaches to steal signals.
4) The NFL has not confirmed that. The Patriots have not confirmed that. The Jets have not confirmed that. The cameraman has not confirmed that.
5) while 1000s of people are commenting ON THE ASSUMPTION that the film will show Jets coaches being taped sending in signals, we must recognize that NO ONE WHO HAS SEEN THE TAPE HAS SPOKEN. (On a side note, wouldnt it be hilarious if the camera had no film in it, and BB was just messing with the Jets heads)

This is not a plea for innocence, because I do not know any of these answers, but how can we have a media frenzy reporting the meaning of what was done without FACT about exactly what was done.

I guess we will eventually have these answers, but they are now determining the meaning of the guilt that has not yet been determined.

Well gosh, you all sure were quick to condemn the league and the refs after Super Bowl XL. Back then there was no such thing as "guilty until proven innocent" it was just all "I know they cheated... just because!" around here.
And let's go get the guilty bastidges!

My how times have changed.

Let's not be concerned about those in the media or the public who are ignorant to the fact that the NFL all but encourages teams to steal calls and plays, assuming that's what was going on. There's nothing we can do about it and ultimately, they're the ones who are going to be most embarrassed by commenting before they had all the facts.

However I do think that the Patriots organization should begin naming names and teams who also engage in the practice of stealing signals - with or without video. Indeed, many of the coaches openly admit it and joke about it as being part of the NFL.

Only by shining the light on the NFL's practice of embracing and allowing what most consider "cheating" by stealing signals will the Patriots begin to regain their good name by comparison.

Sadly, the entire NFL will suffer in its perception once its known that every team "cheats" - but I guess they have Eric Mangini to thank for that.

Last edited:
Well gosh, you all sure were quick to condemn the league and the refs after Super Bowl XL. Back then there was no such thing as "guilty until proven innocent" it was just all "I know they cheated... just because!" around here.
And let's go get the guilty bastidges!

My how times have changed.

Cause we all know that if the Refs had given the Pats some of those sure touchdowns, they would have torched the Steelers...oh wait.

Who played in Super Bowl XL?

Idiot.:bricks:

This story has now reached the stage of "What does the fact that the Patriots did this mean"
Aren't we many miles ahead of reality.
1) NO ONE involved in this episode has spoken about what happened, if there is or is not guilt, or what the specific violation is.
2) The "evidence" is that a Patriot employee was on the field with a videocamera. There is ABSOLUTELY NO VERIFIABLE ACCOUNT OF WHAT HE FILMED, IF ANYTHING.
3) The MEDIA has DECIDED that he was filming Jet coaches to steal signals.
4) The NFL has not confirmed that. The Patriots have not confirmed that. The Jets have not confirmed that. The cameraman has not confirmed that.
5) while 1000s of people are commenting ON THE ASSUMPTION that the film will show Jets coaches being taped sending in signals, we must recognize that NO ONE WHO HAS SEEN THE TAPE HAS SPOKEN. (On a side note, wouldnt it be hilarious if the camera had no film in it, and BB was just messing with the Jets heads)

This is not a plea for innocence, because I do not know any of these answers, but how can we have a media frenzy reporting the meaning of what was done without FACT about exactly what was done.

Valiant effort Andy. But it's a media driven story - pushing a media agenda. The facts are irrelevant.

It's much like the rest of the slanted non-sports reporting we see everyday. Just this time it's us on the other end.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back