PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lynch spotted at Logan Airport - credible source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubtful, spann was brought up from the practice squad today. and that report is from yesterday

Last edited:
I think PFT reported that a reader spotted him at Logan. Who knows what that means, but BB says that the roster is full. Who knows what that means as well. This organization is great for rumor-mongering.

Maybe he was just in Boston to enjoy the beautiful weather and sunshine? ;)

I would think if anyone was interested in Lynch right now it would be Denver trying to take him back with the injuries they have all over that defensive secondary

I hope it's true. Let me be the first to welcome him to Boston.

In the city of Boston (I am sitting looking out on Post office sq as I type) with all it's Irishmen there is a ton of guys who look like John Lynch in fact some them probably have the name John Lynch as well. I'm calling it a bogus sighting.

Rodney's loss is not only the the field during a game but also in the locker room. Lynch may not be a 100% replacement for Rodney but still he will be atleast close to 90% in both areas. I really hope things work out and Lynch joins the team.

Last edited:
As much as I like Lynch, not sure he is the answer.. thought Ty Law might be a better fit.. unless they use him exclusively as a hybrid..

He came out to go on a Fall Foliage tour.

doubtful, spann was brought up from the practice squad today. and that report is from yesterday

Your probably right but the article says it was published today in the header.

Where do you see it was from yesterday?

Your probably right but the article says it was published today in the header.

Where do you see it was from yesterday?

ProFootballTalk's Rumormill carried it yesterday - citing an email from a reader only.

Let's not forget what we know to be true about Lynch in that his abillity to run might not be that much better than Rodney's as of now (and I'm only half kidding) - i.e. we all recognized that there was a reason he failed to make the team.

Can he be a role player, perhaps filling a gap on run defense? Possibly. Can he provide quality depth on the roster? Frankly given his physical limitations I don't think anyone would assert that based on what we've seen.

So even if he does sign here, while he might be a good role player we're in pretty rough shape if he's called upon to be a starter and provide pass coverage - so we'd better hope it doesn't come to that.

Damn these racists who can't tell one Mick from another.

I can assure all of you that the report of John Lynch being "spotted" at Logan yesterday that Florio ran was indeed pure BS.

I sent the email to Florio with the hopes it would trigger him contacting his sources to dig a little. Instead, all he did was post the "unconfirmed sighting" minutes later which, in turn, spawned some offshoot websites to carry it as well.

Behold, the power of the internet pen.

This is no joke, I truly am the tipster.

If true, you sir are an American hero.

I wish I had thought of this brilliant idea myself. I now endeavor to have Florio publish a fake tip of my own sometime in the future. Maybe something about seeing Belichick and a young woman at a seedy motel. That could really get him blasted if he passes it.

Last edited:

I wish I had thought of this brilliant idea myself. I now endeavor to have Florio publish a fake tip of my own sometime in the future. Maybe something about seeing Belichick and a young woman at a seedy motel. That could really get him blasted if he passes it.

No, make it something like, Goodell apologizing to Kraft for making a mountain out of a molehill with spygate.

Yes, it is true. And I have to say I was amazed at how easy it was. I had hoped it would send him on a search for a scoop on some internal workings, but instead it just became another internet rumor that grew something of a brief life. AOL sports even picked it up.

The article of evidence:

Hey Florio,

Take this for what it's worth, but my brother works at Logan in Boston
and said he saw John Lynch getting off a plane there earlier.

Last edited:
I can assure all of you that the report of John Lynch being "spotted" at Logan yesterday that Florio ran was indeed pure BS.

I sent the email to Florio with the hopes it would trigger him contacting his sources to dig a little. Instead, all he did was post the "unconfirmed sighting" minutes later which, in turn, spawned some offshoot websites to carry it as well.

Behold, the power of the internet pen.

Figures. I sent him an email about spotting Micheal Haynes at a bus terminal, but yet I get nothing.

John Lynch didn't make this team because he and Rodney were exactly the same player. They are up in box Strong Safety's / LB hybrid. They have both lost a step in pass coverage. The Pats decided to keep yunger faster players with higher ceilings. However, with Rodney gone, I would have been talking to Lynch Sunday night right afer the game. Who kows, Lynch may have decided he didn't want to play anymore!

Spann can't play safety worth a damn and I am very disappointed BB chose to promote him. We also don't know the extent of Lewis Sanders injury.

On a side note - I was very impressed with Mike Richardson's performance Nonday night with 6 solo tackles (one a head hunter job on special teams).

John Lynch didn't make this team because he and Rodney were exactly the same player. They are up in box Strong Safety's / LB hybrid. They have both lost a step in pass coverage. The Pats decided to keep yunger faster players with higher ceilings. However, with Rodney gone, I would have been talking to Lynch Sunday night right afer the game. Who kows, Lynch may have decided he didn't want to play anymore!

Spann can't play safety worth a damn and I am very disappointed BB chose to promote him. We also don't know the extent of Lewis Sanders injury.

On a side note - I was very impressed with Mike Richardson's performance Nonday night with 6 solo tackles (one a head hunter job on special teams).
Harumph, I gave Richardson two on STs, but he did look good in the game. As an Antwain Spann cheerleader, I can only say... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots