PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lupica: 07 Giants look like "One Hit Wonders," Brady greatest ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that NFLN top 100 Players? Brady was at 23 I think and Peyton was in the top 10. I guarantee you that Brady would be in the top 10 now ahead of Peyton. It's ridiculous that such shot time later I can say that but they had it way wrong and I think Brady Proved that.

Coughlin is one of those coaches, like Schottenheimer, who players just get tired of listening to. Oldest coach in the league, it's time.

montana = #1

brady = #2

montana never threw a sb int, never lost a sb

thanks for the unbiased opinion charger fan. ;) what happened to the charger girls this year ? no playoffs ? according to the espn "experts" the chargers have had the most talent in the nfl for the past 10 years. yet they have nothing to show for it. how is this possible ? though i do think that turner and rivers suck, it's not all their fault. espn has no clue what they're talking about, as usual. i think that's pretty evident.

maybe, just maybe, the charger's "talent" was overrated. just a hunch.

montana = #1

brady = #2

montana never threw a sb int, never lost a sb

Brady has the better playoff record, to date, and plenty of time to win more Super Bowls, and he's done it with clearly inferior offensive weapons around him.

Last edited:
Maybe it was one hit, but the G-men are too talented to keep messing up like this. Watch for Cowher to move in as coach next year & reduce the mistakes; they're one of the most talented teams in football.

And it was a pretty big hit.

It isn't fantasy football! :rolleyes:

That's a fair point and one that would be debated forever should Tommy pick up his fourth ring. The counter argument would be that Brady did it in the Cap and FA era. It's an argument that I would like to be able to have.

the counter to that would be, montana did it in an era where defenders could get away with alot more

qbs are protected much more these days, as are wrs

thanks for the unbiased opinion charger fan. ;) what happened to the charger girls this year ? no playoffs ? according to the espn "experts" the chargers have had the most talent in the nfl for the past 10 years. yet they have nothing to show for it. how is this possible ? though i do think that turner and rivers suck, it's not all their fault. espn has no clue what they're talking about, as usual. i think that's pretty evident.

maybe, just maybe, the charger's "talent" was overrated. just a hunch.

that whole 'most talented" thing was a lie you guys got fed by the media and liked to regurgitate lol

what happened this season? somehow we won 8 games with the worlds worst special teams ever, and more injuries at wr/te than the rest of the nfl teams combined...that's what happened

how any reasonable person can think rivers sucks, is just ******ed

Brady has the better playoff record, to date, and plenty of time to win more Super Bowls, and he's done it with clearly inferior offensive weapons around him.
and in a more offensive friendly era

brady's #2 only because of the blemishes (sb ints, sb loss)

you guys are taking it as a slam, but it's actually a compliment

learn to recognize the difference lol

what happened this season? somehow we won 8 games with the worlds worst special teams ever, and more injuries at wr/te than the rest of the nfl teams combined...that's what happened
All teams get injuries. Only soft teams with a losing mentality use them to justify a poor record. If a player is suited up he should be able to catch the ball. If Rivers is a future HOF QB he should be able to manage his team to more wins. Simply no excuse for beating the Colts one week and then getting obliterated by a terrible Bengals outfit.

the counter to that would be, montana did it in an era where defenders could get away with alot more

qbs are protected much more these days, as are wrs

good point...and that's why the debate will go on for decades...

and in a more offensive friendly era

brady's #2 only because of the blemishes (sb ints, sb loss)

you guys are taking it as a slam, but it's actually a compliment

learn to recognize the difference lol

IF.....IF the Pats were to win the SB this year Brady would be the GOAT if he retired the next day. He would have 5 Conference championships to 4 for Montana. He would have 4 SB's like Montana. He would have a better playoff record than Montana, 17-4 for Brady vs 16-7 for Montana. Regular Season 110-34 (career to date) vs 124-53 for Montana.

Based on their records Brady > Montana, Brady GOAT. As Bill Parcells would say : "You are what your record says you are."

So we will see what this payoff run brings. IF they win this year watch out. We have the youngest D in the league and it will be much better next year. Add to this the PAts will have 3 of the first 33 draft picks this year. This team has reloaded for another 4-5 year run at championships. It isn't crazy to think TFB could end up with 6 rings and 7 appearances.

One hit wonder or not that will never put Superbowl 42 in the Patriots cabinet. Flukes happen and unfortunately we, Patriot Nation were on the wrong end of that fluke because of a poor performance.

Logan Mankins, are all pro guard was thoroughly dominated in that game.. his worst game as a patriot.. It was an incredible season to watch but its such a shame we couldn't finish the deal.

that whole 'most talented" thing was a lie you guys got fed by the media and liked to regurgitate lol

how any reasonable person can think rivers sucks, is just ******ed

everyone got fed by charger "fan boy" beleiving what espn was spewing. personally, i knew espn was and is full of it. gates and jackson are good but jackson'r gone.

IF.....IF the Pats were to win the SB this year Brady would be the GOAT if he retired the next day. He would have 5 Conference championships to 4 for Montana. He would have 4 SB's like Montana. He would have a better playoff record than Montana, 17-4 for Brady vs 16-7 for Montana. Regular Season 110-34 (career to date) vs 124-53 for Montana.

Based on their records Brady > Montana, Brady GOAT. As Bill Parcells would say : "You are what your record says you are."

So we will see what this payoff run brings. IF they win this year watch out. We have the youngest D in the league and it will be much better next year. Add to this the PAts will have 3 of the first 33 draft picks this year. This team has reloaded for another 4-5 year run at championships. It isn't crazy to think TFB could end up with 6 rings and 7 appearances.

IMO montana will always be thought of as the GOAT

there's other intangibles that work against brady aside from the sb ints and the sb loss

Meanwhile, $97 Million man Eli joins his older brother in throwing as many picks in one game as Brady has thrown the entire season. :rolleyes:

Wow. I hadn't even thought of that until you just posted it. TB12 is the ******* man and the GOAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes