PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lundblad: What's gone wrong the past 3 playoff games for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You not accepting that this QB has laid an egg in his last 3 playoff games is the actual problem here. I mean are you kidding me ? TB-Homerism at it's very finest.

Throw out those garbage stats from the Jets game, most of that was against a prevent Jet defense, late in the game when the game was over, you can drop that weak argument.

You are actually trying to defend Brady's play in these last 3 PO games ? That's not accepting the loss like a man. Accepting facts and accepting the truth in what happened is something that you're not willing to do. So why don't you take this loss like a man and man up and admit that this QB did not play to standards and has to toughen up when things get tough instead of shelling up and ducking in the pocket when no one is there etc.

I would agree with that. That game is evidence that stats lie. He played terrible. After the first two drives the Jets totally dictated that game.

Last edited:
The biggest problem we have is lack of physicality and lack of play makers when the opponent calls us out, hits us repeatedly in the mouth. The Giants talked and talked and kicked our butts. The "O" did not do anything. The "D" did not do anything. Same thing with Ravens. No one is afraid of us. Look at Steelers/Jets match up. The fat ba$tard put shoved up all the talk in his bottom hole. It seems a Jets player said after the game "Forget running. They can't even stop nose bleed".
We need tough running back who can be a real threat. We need mean DL, LB and Safeties who can put the scare of God into any WR or QB or Coach running his mouth.

I remember during our winning spree, even our WRs would lay into the opponent "D" if they got chance. Now? We stand 15 yards behind the receiver and consistently let them complete 3rd down even if it is 10 yards. The rookie QBs used to be destroyed by us. We saw Sanchez, Colt McCoy, Packers back up QB shredding us apart.

May be BB is looking for a couple of those Defensive players in the draft. May be we will find them. Until then, this is a wussy football team.

People always say "Sacks" are overrated. Tell that to Tom Brady. He wasn't even thinking straight after being sacked thrice.

Last edited:
Already a long thread, but my 2 cents.

I recalled watching the 2003, 2004 Pats dominating teams without blowing them away. Their wins were based on methodical, steady plays. Simply score without razzle dazzle, and a defense that made life difficult for the opponents.

Granted, many wins were of the "cardiac arrest" type, but I rarely had a queasiness in stomach when we were ahead just one score and our D was on the field. Some how, I just felt that they would make play here and there and would stop the opponent. The O would take time, score, kill the clock. There was a quiet confidence, a scrappy and badass attitude about the team.

Even the 2001 Pats were like that in their 8-game winning streak.

For the 2009 and 2010 teams, I had no such comfortable feeling unless we were ahead with multiple scores. Balance is what we need. Running game, passing game, defense. TB is getting old and can't do all.

I've never heard this discussed but watching Rodgers struggle against the Bears reminds me that freezing cold January football requires a solid running game, with blockers that can take on defenders.

You can go back to cold weather games (I'll eliminate the snow games since those are usually in warmer weather--i.e. 30s) such as Steelers '01, Titans '03, Chargers '07, Jets '10. All these games were played in sub 20 degree weather. Brady was not ON in any of these games. You see QBs all over the league struggling in this weather. You have to be able to run the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes