PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lugo abused by Callahan on WEEI...

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Heard parts of this yesterday on Dale and Holley, amazing the attitude of Gerry Callahan towards Lugo.. it seemed like Lugo came to the RS saying he was a great hitter and a defensive wiz... instead of just being signed by the RS.

here is the link from BSMW:

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

There has also been a lot of talk about D&C's interview with Julio Lugo this morning (MP3 File- You may want to right-click the link and save it) where Gerry Callahan treated the new Red Sox shortstop pretty harshly, telling him he'll never be as good defensively as Alex Gonzalez and pushing the issue regarding Lugo's departure from the Astros after his then wife had accused him of hitting her.

No doubt about it, Gerry was a jerk in this interview. Even before it came to the incident with his ex-wife. Remember, she recanted shortly afterwards and he was found innocent at trial. The stuff about Gonzalez was just over the top.

I can't post the link but go to the BSMW website under 13 December

Considering that Callahan has always been a piece of garbage this really didn't surprise me, but bravo for Lugo for saying the right things and not giving Callahan the reaction he was trying to get.

That's actually polite for the five head. I think you have to take Lugo's wife's recantation with a grain of salt. Women sometimes change their story in that situation for reasons other than their best interests. There's no proof; but I don't have a problem with it being made clear that that is not acceptable here. There's certain types of people that I just can't ever root for and wife beaters are right near the top of the list.

That's actually polite for the five head. I think you have to take Lugo's wife's recantation with a grain of salt. Women sometimes change their story in that situation for reasons other than their best interests. There's no proof; but I don't have a problem with it being made clear that that is not acceptable here. There's certain types of people that I just can't ever root for and wife beaters are right near the top of the list.

Don't disagree, but Callahan's sanctimonious and arrogant attitude is a bit over the top. Sounded like Callahan felt Lugo chose to come here and Lugo wanted Gonsalves to go.

Oh he's definitely a reactionary, sanctimonious, dirt bag; but that interview pales in comparison to his usual self.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back