PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT still saying the same thing today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how LT is on his soapbox about being classy. Is this a new found issue because he sure didn't look too classy when he went into camp wearing a Raiders' hating t-shirt.

LTRaiders.jpg

Good point.....Why don't the media show this pic:confused: cauz he is the poster child of the NFL....I was on this on other thread and saw Mr Patriot doing the lights out dance!!!!good for Troy(way to locker room)....This thing about the lockers rooms,aren't they at the oppisite side of the field:confused: LT,DON'T GO AWAY MAD,JUST GO AWAY

Rodney is considered the most classless cheap shot artist in the league. He's the most fined player in NFL history for illegal hits and was voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. He can say whatever he wants and it will be ignored. What Rodney says will carry no weight with anyone. On the other hand when LT talks people listen. There's a reason for that.

If you take a whiskey bottle and empty it on the ground, and smell the bottle, it will still smell like whiskey. You put water in the bottle and empty it again and the smell is less. If you keep doing this the whiskey smell will eventually go away.

The above analogy applies to Rodey Harrison. He spent his formative years as a Charger. That is where his reputation as a dirty player was developed. The Pats are slowly refilling/emptying the old Rodney with class....year after year. At this point, I think the Charger stench is just other team's imagination.

Rodney Harrison.....a Great Patriot!

Good point.....Why don't the media show this pic:confused: cauz he is the poster child of the NFL....I was on this on other thread and saw Mr Patriot doing the lights out dance!!!!good for Troy(way to locker room)....This thing about the lockers rooms,aren't they at the oppisite side of the field:confused: LT,DON'T GO AWAY MAD,JUST GO AWAY

^thats a joke..its not really LT wearing that shirt..PFT changes pics for the fun. cant take that seriously.

Sanvara, please feel free to focus on Ellis Hobbs, the one guy who was doing the merriman dance at the 50.

please explain to us why SD has more issue with Hobbs doing the merriman dance than with merriman doing it after he sacks someone.

Doing a sack dance is something that has gone on since I can remember watching football starting like 30 years ago. Guys do it as a trademark of sorts. However, I personally don't like sack dances and wish no one would do them.

That said doing a dance after a sack is a lot less meaningful and less offensive than showing up an entire team in the middle of their field in front of their fans after a hard fought and crushing loss. You never see anyone doing something like that after a game like that.

If the sack dance is annoying the appropriate response would be to imitate the sack dance after you get a sack against the Chargers. Not take it to another level and try and humilate the entire team on national TV on their field after an emotional, brutal loss that ends your season.

Last edited:
please explain to us why SD has more issue with Hobbs doing the merriman dance than with merriman doing it after he sacks someone. Heck, didn't he do it when he simply hit Brady yesterday (I guess he knew to get it out of the way before he'd tire out in the 2nd quarter). it's ok to dance on top of a guy but mocking the dancer is a sin?

And this is why Tomlinson cannot be viewed as anything but a total hypocrite with his comments.

And if Marty tells him team to act like they've been there before, why doesn't Merriman listen to him? I guess Tomlinson is saying Marty has no class too.

Rodney is considered the most classless cheap shot artist in the league. He's the most fined player in NFL history for illegal hits and was voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. He can say whatever he wants and it will be ignored. What Rodney says will carry no weight with anyone. On the other hand when LT talks people listen. There's a reason for that.

It's certainly NOT because he is:

A. Smart

B. Correct

So, what is it then?

Respect from around the league won't win you anything either. Herman Edwards has a lot of "respect from around the league."

Good point. Herman is the worst HC in the NFL, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the NFL to admit it, or say anything but "Herman is a good coach."

But the ultimate accolade is to win and have class and the Pats fell short.

And the Chargers lost with no class. What does that get them?

i hope someone from the pats goes ballistic and responds ..this is just ridicolous

I hope they ignore it and move on to Indy. Let the fans deal with this battle!!

The consenus around the league is LT is perhaps the classiest guy in the league. When he talks, people listen and they respect what he says. The fact that a few Pats fans disgree doesn't change anything.

And everyone on Around the Horn. They all called LT out and made fun of him.

Playing hungry and having class are not mutually exclusive behaviors.

Seriously, ask yourself...What does LDT, Marty or for that matter any player on the Chargers know about winning Championships and how to act?

showed in nfl live ..even today he said the same thing and said it comes from the top because marty says after the game that act like they have been there before and obviously if it the pats didnt do it they it must be coming from the top...

I've lost all the respect I had for this guy. You gotta learn to shut your mouth...firstly, the game is over now.....YOU LOST...get over it.....That is what 99.9% of this comes from......His inability to deal with the fact that we BEAT them...and they are all done for the year.......it is pure sour grapes......

Players on the chargers were taunting the Pats all day....I didn't see the Pats crying during the game....Merriman (although it only happened rarely yesterday) did his little ***** dance in Brady's face etc..........I guess LT didn't catch any of that stuff....must have had his head up his *****.........

Anyways...I have no respect at all for this guy .....especially since he continues to yap, yap, yap...and make himself look smaller and less classy with every word........

How do you like this fact, Sanvara? Belichick has done more for urban youth and disadvantaged people with tough lives than Tomlinson can ever dream of doing. How's that for class?

And Belichick has never uttered these words, "I'm a classy person."

One player can tarnish how an entire team is perceived which is why Bill should be all over Hobb's ass so he doesn't drag the Pats down again for the world to see.

In this case it's not just Hobbs that affects people's perceptions but things like Bill pushing a guy out of his way in front of cameras, allegedly trashing the Chargers behind closed doors while saying nothing but glowing things about them publically etc. All those things add up and impact how everyone perceives you.

If BB does rip Hobbes, you'll never know about it. That how the Pats operate.

Of COURSE they rip the Chargers in the privacy of their locker room. It's called MOTIVATION...

I think BB knows what he is doing when it comes to the big games. LDT talking about how Marty does it is just weak.

@ Home next season is guarenteed for NBC Sunday Night. The Chargers will be juiced up and roaring to go for that one.

Don't worry...so will the Pats........just what we need another freakin rivalry!!!!

One player can tarnish how an entire team is perceived which is why Bill should be all over Hobb's ass so he doesn't drag the Pats down again for the world to see.

In this case it's not just Hobbs that affects people's perceptions but things like Bill pushing a guy out of his way in front of cameras, allegedly trashing the Chargers behind closed doors while saying nothing but glowing things about them publically etc. All those things add up and impact how everyone perceives you.

So the Chargers are all drug dealing steroid users. Got it.

Doing a sack dance is something that has gone on since I can remember watching football starting like 30 years ago. Guys do it as a trademark of sorts. However, I personally don't like sack dances and wish no one would do them.

That said doing a dance after a sack is a lot less meaningful and less offensive than showing up an entire team in the middle of their field in front of their fans after a hard fought and crushing loss. You never see anyone doing something like that after a game like that.

If the sack dance is annoying the appropriate response would be to imitate the sack dance after you get a sack against the Chargers. Not take it to another level and try and humilate the entire team on national TV on their field after an emotional, brutal loss that ends your season.

Sack dances are done to humiliate the other team. Anyone who disagrees is a naive and immature troll.

But the ultimate accolade is to win and have class and the Pats fell short.

Actually it was the Bolts that fell short as I recall. :) Tomlinson basically took a cheap potshot at our head coach. Calling yourself classy doesn't MAKE you classy. It makes you look egotistical. If LT wants to maintain his 'classy' image he should apologize for taking unwarranted shots at other teams head coaches through the public media.

Is that plain enough to you? I'm sure you'll find a way to misunderstand and then your trollhood will be confirmed mr chargers fan.

The steroid-taking idiot did his sack dance after a play in which he hit Brady but didn't even get a sack. In some leagues I've played in, Captain Needle would get shot for this sort of nonsense. Please stop whining, because you're looking like a fool.

So the Chargers are all drug dealing steroid users. Got it.

Everyone knows that isn't true since the NFL tests everyone. And this isn't the first example of behavior by the Pats that has been perceived as classless which is why you see all this press about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back