PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT still saying the same thing today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, some people will disagree but it doesn't take away from the respect LT has around the league, which is as much as any player in football. You aren't going to win a battle of trying to tear him down because he is held in very high regard by almost everyone.

yes..thats why people like ditka and allen agree just to show support without a logical view of their own...after the game comments are ok..keep saying the same thing the day after is a sore loser IMO ...and i liked LT a lot
we dont have individual intros in NE for yrs now..SD still does it each player walking to his own dance...what's classy about bringing attention to one self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4usall View Post
What did the Chargers say after they beat NE, in New England, 42-17? Do you have a link? You need one.

Quote:
Cornerback Drayton Florence (or is it Florence Drayton?) was less tactful: "F--k New England and their team," he said, before turning to a "collection of onlookers" and adding: "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

Yes, those comments were not classy, but poor behavior a year ago does not justify it now. Some Pats fans are mature enough to admit what happened after the game was not professional or classy and is not an example of "acting like you've been there before."

Last edited:
Rodney is considered the most classless cheap shot artist in the league. He's the most fined player in NFL history for illegal hits and was voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. He can say whatever he wants and it will be ignored. What Rodney says will carry no weight with anyone. On the other hand when LT talks people listen. There's a reason for that.

and when's the last time Rodney said a word about another team or player to the media? Maybe he got away with that stuff on the loose ship SD ran (I don't know if/what he said while in SD) but not since he arrived in NE. LDT went where he had no right and called out another team's coach. Unless he apologizes he'll always just be another (damn good) punk to me.

Sure, some people will disagree but it doesn't take away from the respect LT has around the league, which is as much as any player in football. You aren't going to win a battle of trying to tear him down because he is held in very high regard by almost everyone.

I don't think anyone is trying to tear him down. But it's naive to think that reputations aren't constantly being adjusted and reevaluated based on actions.

Personally, I hope he either shuts up about it, or apologizes to BB. His continuing to spout is only going to cause some to lose respect for him.

Respect from around the league won't win you anything either. Herman Edwards has a lot of "respect from around the league."

But the ultimate accolade is to win and have class and the Pats fell short.

Last edited:
Yes, those comments were not classy, but poor behavior a year ago does not justify it now. Some Pats fans are mature enough to admit what happened after the game was not professional or classy and is not an example of "acting like you've been there before."

From a similar thread...

"Michael Smith had a good point earlier today about the thought that the Pats should "act like they've been there before." He said that the reason why the Pats are successful is because they don't care about the past and play like a hungry team who hasn't won anything."

Yeah and so did the Chargers last season. But I'll settle for just winning.

I don't think anyone is trying to tear him down. But it's naive to think that reputations aren't constantly being adjusted and reevaluated based on actions.

Personally, I hope he either shuts up about it, or apologizes to BB. His continuing to spout is only going to cause some to lose respect for him.

He won't keep talking about it. You'll hear it for a day or two and maybe if he gets asked in an interview sometime but LT's not a guy that will keep harping on something in the press.

The Pats? Or one player - just like LT is one player?

From a similar thread...

"Michael Smith had a good point earlier today about the thought that the Pats should "act like they've been there before." He said that the reason why the Pats are successful is because they don't care about the past and play like a hungry team who hasn't won anything."

Playing hungry and having class are not mutually exclusive behaviors.

He won't keep talking about it. You'll hear it for a day or two and maybe if he gets asked in an interview sometime but LT's not a guy that will keep harping on something in the press.

He is. The day after is plenty of time to regroup, but he chose not to.

You're right about one thing, though - he won't get asked it much in interviews (until the probowl, anyway) since his season is over.

The Pats? Or one player - just like LT is one player?

One player can tarnish how an entire team is perceived which is why Bill should be all over Hobb's ass so he doesn't drag the Pats down again for the world to see.

In this case it's not just Hobbs that affects people's perceptions but things like Bill pushing a guy out of his way in front of cameras, allegedly trashing the Chargers behind closed doors while saying nothing but glowing things about them publically etc. All those things add up and impact how everyone perceives you.

Last edited:
One player can tarnish how an entire team is percieved which is why Bill should be all over Hobb's ass so he doesn't drag the Pats down again for the world to see.

I have no doubt Hobb's will be taken care of. But isn't your argument faulty? Is LT not tarnishing how San Diego is being perceived?

One player can tarnish how an entire team is percieved which is why Bill should be all over Hobb's ass so he doesn't drag the Pats down again for the world to see.

Yeah he probably said something to him after the game. Maybe one sentence or two. Something like, "Hey Hobbs, don't do that again." It really doesn't matter what Tomlinson says now because he's out of the playoffs. We've moved on to the Colts.

But it's not just Hobbs but things like Bill pushing a guy out of his way, allegedly trashing the Chargers behind closed doors etc. All those things add up and impact how everyone perceives you.

You edited after I replied. Have you even read the other threads on here? Looked at the youtube links of Chargers and what they were saying? C'mon. Hobbs will be dealt with. At least have the balls to admit that this was not a one sided situation.

All those things add up and impact how everyone perceives you.

Nobody here gives a damn about other people's perception. What matters is winning SB's.

Playing hungry and having class are not mutually exclusive behaviors.

All week long, people were talking about how unstoppable the Chargers were. All week long we heard about how great steroid boy is. Well, he was basically a non-factor in this game. When the Patriots were celebrating, someone did a mock-dance. Only people who haven't played sports at a high level are foolish enough to think that this is some sign of a lack of class by the Patriots, but it's not been a sign of a lack of class on steroid boy to do it every time he thinks he's made anything approaching a decent play.

Frankly, LDT, somehow appointed the judge of what is class, should have been calling out his cheater of a teammate for this beloved sack dance the first time it was done and every time thereafter. Since he hasn't, it's really time for him to apologize to the Patriots organization for his foolish rant and to then shut the hell up.

The way I see it, aside from his amazing abilities, LT now has 0 respect or credibility as an athlete and a competitor. I'll chalk it up to him still being a child.

Sanvara, please feel free to focus on Ellis Hobbs, the one guy who was doing the merriman dance at the 50.

please explain to us why SD has more issue with Hobbs doing the merriman dance than with merriman doing it after he sacks someone. Heck, didn't he do it when he simply hit Brady yesterday (I guess he knew to get it out of the way before he'd tire out in the 2nd quarter). it's ok to dance on top of a guy but mocking the dancer is a sin? if you'd like we can get into merriman's performance at the pep rally.

yes Hobbs (like merriman) is a 2nd year guy who isn't exactly the embodiment of class. how this excuses LDT in his class crusade against the patriots is beyond me.

if LDT would have just shut up this would have gone away, or never been an issue in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back