PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT still saying the same thing today

Status
Not open for further replies.
F him then. What a loser. :mad:

Last edited:
Maybe someone from the media will interview Rodney Harrison about LT's comments, and Harrison will rip LT a new one.

It's really simple. If you are going to do a "look at me" dance when you are winning, then don't whine when someone mocks you when you lose.

The Eagles did there "flapping wings' deal and I didn't hear them whine about being mocked when they lost the SB.

I will say this though. Of all the Patriots, Hobbs need to reeled in a little.

Ok, was willing to give the kid the benifit of not being prepared to lose, but really, get a clue and perhaps look at how the Pats have behaved in other playoff games or regular for that matter! Do you see any of our players with "signature" dances? Sure they've mocked a few, TO's comes to mind, and even waved the terrible towel a bit, but getting all excited about one player doing a dance at the end of the game on your field isn't that big a deal. Look at how the Bears reacted at the end of their game this week. They were all trowing headsets, running around etc. The emotions are high no matter how many "big games" these guys have played in.
The Pats rep for giving respect and being classy has been going on for quite some time now. The boy-child threw the wrong dirt, and it's coming to reflect very poorly on him!

The irritating thing to me is the inertia of "Tomlinson is the classiest player in the league". Berman was spewing that sh!t today (last night actually). He's clearly not a classy guy, he's a stupid punk. But just like the gay powder blues have the inertia of being "the best uniforms ever" (even though they suck), everyone just repeats this classy crap.

The consenus around the league is LT is perhaps the classiest guy in the league. When he talks, people listen and they respect what he says. The fact that a few Pats fans disgree doesn't change anything.

I will say this though. Of all the Patriots, Hobbs need to reeled in a little.

Agreed! But I'm sure it'll be done quietly and w/in the confines of the Locker room.

The irritating thing to me is the inertia of "Tomlinson is the classiest player in the league". Berman was spewing that sh!t today (last night actually). He's clearly not a classy guy, he's a stupid punk. But just like the gay powder blues have the inertia of being "the best uniforms ever" (even though they suck), everyone just repeats this classy crap.

Totally agree. Many players don't "dance in the endzone" and many players "contribute to their community". Yet that seems to be the basis for people to call LT the "classiest player in the league", despite his ridiculous oversized diamond earrings. It's ironic that players from the team he calls "classless" were the ones who stopped him from making an even bigger fool of himself when it appeared he was trying to get across the field to confront some Pats players. That, along with his comments last night (and today) show that this "LT is the classiest guy in the league" is media invented fantasy - LT is a classless hypocrite.

Good lord, LT, get a grip. You lost. Maybe you shoulda done more than go three-and-out after the Pats tied the game in the 4th quarter.

I'm with everyone else here: I gave him a pass on those comments yesterday; tough loss and all. But now? Sheesh. Give it a rest.

I still don't get it. It's OK to do the dance after a sack, but not after a win? It's OK to do the dance, but not mock the dance?

Notice there's no signature Patriots celebratory dance to mock? Think about why that is, LT, then get back to me about class and celebrations.

Funny how LT is on his soapbox about being classy. Is this a new found issue because he sure didn't look too classy when he went into camp wearing a Raiders' hating t-shirt.

LTRaiders.jpg

The consenus around the league is LT is perhaps the classiest guy in the league. When he talks, people listen and they respect what he says. The fact that a few Pats fans disgree doesn't change anything.
It's not just a "few Pats fans." A lot of the analysts have said LT was wrong to say what he said.

Maybe someone from the media will interview Rodney Harrison about LT's comments, and Harrison will rip LT a new one.

Rodney is considered the most classless cheap shot artist in the league. He's the most fined player in NFL history for illegal hits and was voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. He can say whatever he wants and it will be ignored. What Rodney says will carry no weight with anyone. On the other hand when LT talks people listen. There's a reason for that.

what really strikes me the day after is that what are the odds that LDT would be the most outspoken are sorest loser?

Merriman would have been everyone's bet (I thought the words "the best team lost" were almost guaranteed to come from his mouth. I was wrong). DBs are WRs love to talk so I would expect one of them to speak up. By all accounts LDT is a classy guy and plays the game "the right way," and he's the vocal guy calling out the other team's coach. Wow.

Wouldn't it be awesome if vegas started taking bets on this stuff, btw. I know, its too subjective. It'd be fun nonetheless.

Payback is a *****. I wonder what, if any, effect this will have on his endorsements. It sure appears to have tainted him image a bit.

Rodney is considered the most classless cheap shot artist in the league. He's the most fined player in NFL history for illegal hits and was voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. He can say whatever he wants and it will be ignored. What Rodney says will carry no weight with anyone. On the other hand when LT talks people listen. There's a reason for that.

Consider yourself lucky that Rodney wasn't playing yesterday and took out LT's knee.

LT should be thanking his lucky stars for that.....................

PS........I LOVE HARRISON BEING THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE GAME!!!!

Last edited:
What did the Chargers say after they beat NE, in New England, 42-17? Do you have a link? You need one.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Cornerback Drayton Florence (or is it Florence Drayton?) was less tactful: "F--k New England and their team," he said, before turning to a "collection of onlookers" and adding: "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

See http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=48507

It's not just a "few Pats fans." A lot of the analysts have said LT was wrong to say what he said.

Sure, some people will disagree but it doesn't take away from the respect LT has around the league, which is as much as any player in football. You aren't going to win a battle of trying to tear him down because he is held in very high regard by almost everyone.

Sure, some people will disagree but it doesn't take away from the respect LT has around the league, which is as much as any player in football. You aren't going to win a battle of trying to tear him down because he is held in very high regard by almost everyone.

People are not trying to tear him down.. or people wouldn't be if he let this go. it's not a big deal, they celebrated a big win and he is still flappin his gums about it.

So what?

I mean, is this all you have to hang onto?

Chargers lost. They will be off playing golf next week and the PATRIOTS will be beating the Colts.

I wouldn't worry about a campaign to try and tear him down, LT's reputation will be fine. And also, he can smear Belichick all he wants, but he'll be just fine too.

This will all blow over by Wed, once the Pats-Colts talk starts to heat up.

Respect from around the league won't win you anything either. Herman Edwards has a lot of "respect from around the league."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots