PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT says he may say 2 words most if he sees BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
i respect him because hes been a great football player and person since coming into the league. Just recently had he said anything questionable. How is he stupid by calling out a coach ? Hes got his reasons and we dont agree but it doesntm ake him stupid. Hes a smart guy and a lot of fans around the league would admit(take away recent stuff) Same goes with maturity..when has he caused trouble before? Hes not 1 of thosep layers all about the money and popularity. He may not be the "classiest" guy in league NOW but hes still a class guy and dont let 1 incident fool you. Hes clearly dissapointed. Do you consider BB classy? Some wouldnt because "pushing a photopgrahper, dropping F bomb" and all that non sense. How about Brady flipping on SChot last year? Do you consider him classy still? maybe not a classy move but hes still a very classy guy

Well, as Mark Twain said, "Better to remain silent and have others think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

Unfortunately for him, he cannot un-ring this bell. It becomes a part of his publicly perceived persona, and since it is his most recent public utterance, it is that which is most likely to be retained in the public's collective memory, which is short-term all the time.

This does not mean it is fatal to that publicly-perceived (and carefully crafted?) persona, but it does mean he will have to work at correcting the mistake he has made, and work of that nature is always a lot more arduous than the the initial utterance.

This is probably worse than Isiah Thomas' remark about Larry Bird just being another white guy who wasn't that good. Bird pulled Thomas' fat out that fire for him, but the sheen was off the guy after that.

It remains to be seen if anyone in the Pats' organization will to something similar for Tomlinson.

----------------------

You ask why other guys don't get respect the same way LT does? I guess you have to break records and prove yourself first to get the media's attention. As for LT not celebrating after a TD goes way back in high school. There was a time when he did a dance after a TD and his mom lambasted him for that. So he never did it again.

Everyone in sports knew that the Chargers were THE superior team, talent-wise; and everyone knew that the Chargers DIDN'T LOSE to a superior team but rather lost to themselves.

This loss is actually good for this young team. They'll be gong into the '07 season with boulders (not chips, mind you) on their shoulders. Woe to the teams that will play them.

Good luck in Indy but not that much. You used to be my second favorite team (by virtue of Junior and Rodney being on your roster) but after Sunday's post-game celebration by some of your players I've lost respect in your organization.

Stay classy though!

Why are you on here writing disrespectful posts about how the Patriots had nothing to do with the WIN on Sunday?

----------------------

You ask why other guys don't get respect the same way LT does? I guess you have to break records and prove yourself first to get the media's attention. As for LT not celebrating after a TD goes way back in high school. There was a time when he did a dance after a TD and his mom lambasted him for that. So he never did it again.

Everyone in sports knew that the Chargers were THE superior team, talent-wise; and everyone knew that the Chargers DIDN'T LOSE to a superior team but rather lost to themselves.

This loss is actually good for this young team. They'll be gong into the '07 season with boulders (not chips, mind you) on their shoulders. Woe to the teams that will play them.

Good luck in Indy but not that much. You used to be my second favorite team (by virtue of Junior and Rodney being on your roster) but after Sunday's post-game celebration by some of your players I've lost respect in your organization.

Stay classy though!

Everyone knows that the Chargers haven't won anything in the post-merger era, while the Patriots have won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls, and appear to be enroute to a possible #4.

Everyone knows the Patriots do this all the time now. It's become a routine. And everyone knows that, as a result, the Pats leave a lot of bitter, disgruntled, broken-hearted fans in it's wake during their annual march to the Big Dance.

And everyone knows that you guys are just coming off as a bunch of whining, cry-baby losers. That's the public perception you've engendered.

Them's, Charlie, is the facts, and not even you can dispute them!

------------------

You nalied it: the Pats has EVERYTHING TO DO with the win on Sunday. It was a GIFT.

So now, enjoy it, relish it, gloat on it, and the Chargers will play your team again next season in your own house.

One thing for sure: payback's a biatch.

See.... here's the difference between the Patriots and 31 other teams in the league. If the Patriots get crushed during the regular season, they'd just deal with it and move on. Then they'd get revenge in the playoffs (See sunday's Indy-NE game for a possible example). Other teams, such as the Colts, Chargers and the like, get beaten in the playoffs and play their 'revenge' games in the regular season. Here in New England, we'll take the rings, thanks. ;)

One thing for sure: payback's a biatch.

Getting excited about a regular season game? Whatever works for you, I suppose.

If I were writing a sports dictionary, here's how I would define "payback." Getting beaten on your home filed during the regular season and then taking it out by knocking the presumptive favorite to win the superbowl out of the playoffs the next year on their home turf.

How's that for payback? That actually does sound like a "biatch" to me.

Getting excited about a regular season game? Whatever works for you, I suppose.

If I were writing a sports dictionary, here's how I would define "payback." Getting beaten on your home filed during the regular season and then taking it out by knocking the presumptive favorite to win the superbowl out of the playoffs the next year on their home turf.

How's that for payback? That actually does sound like a "biatch" to me.

You nailed it. Every year now for 6 years we've been hearing the loser's lament: payback's a beotch.

Well, I guess it will suck in 5 years when the Patriots get payback after their 5 Super Bowl victories. That will be a horrible day.

this seems like as good a place as any other to mention this, in light of the talk about LDT not celebrating.

I hadn't watched any SD games this year but I had heard the story about him not celebrating and being told when he was young that 'you can do that when you're in the NFL." All I heard was how classy he was. Then on his touchdown run I noticed him run up to the 1, slow down, and walk into the endzone. It just struck me as odd: here's this guy who's celebrated for being classy and not celebrating and he pulls up short and takes his time to show up the defense.

Stuff like that has always annoyed me (I loved leon lett getting stripped in the superbowl and I loved champ getting drilled by Watson) but I rarely notice it anymore as it happens all the time. I only thought it was noteworthy because of how classy I had always heard LDT was.

I'm not saying it makes him classless, I'm just saying it wasn't what I expected given his reputation.

And no this isn't revisionist, I actually noticed this and was perturbed by it at the time. it made him whining in defeat all the better.

OMG, THIS CLASS LESS PUNK! What a ******* **** head. Ok this just proves that you are the biggest whining **** in the league, LT. Just shut up you mother ******* you lost and someone did a dance, go **** off and shut your mouth MR. I am Classy.

Did LaPunklian graduate from college on his own? Communications major...wow! He obviously had a lot of help and shows he learned nothing while in school.

in the pro bowl...heard some clip online..cant remember the exact words though

this was when asked that there is a chance the BB may be the coach (hope that is not the case) in the pro bowl...
i hope we win sunday to avoid this IMO :)

just saw on necn...rivers shouting at the top of voice in the middle of the field after the game
"he is the sorriest corner in the league" "he is the sorriest corner in the league"

i feel rivers instigated this more than LT and it kinda snowballed

BB should use these two words when he sees LT:

"Tee Time"

Two words. Congrats Bill. Go Pats:rocker:

Wow, the more stuff I read and watch, the more amazed I am at this whole story. The Chargers are some serious crybabies. Like a bunch of Kordell Stewarts. LT is a joke. He's on a "Pats are Classless" world promotional tour or something.
I wish someone would start a "LT is a P.O.S. Crybaby" thread.
Seriously.... Chargers fans and players are bigger crybabies than the Seahawks fans were after SB XL.

Oh and if we do lose to Indy and BB is the AFC Pro Bowl coach....he should bench LT. :)

Last edited:
I have four word for LT and the media. They will have to buy a vowel.

wheel-stfu.jpg

LT needs two words, BB can get it done in one word.

"Aloha."

LT won't know if BB is coming or going.

just saw on necn...rivers shouting at the top of voice in the middle of the field after the game
"he is the sorriest corner in the league" "he is the sorriest corner in the league"
..they showed the transcript of his yelling on NECN tonite "act like you have been here before"

thats kinda childish...
Kinda stupid too. Wasn't Hobbs drafted in 2005? He has never been on a team that won a divisional playoff game. He HASN"T been here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back