PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT says he may say 2 words most if he sees BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
its the first time hes ever said anything stupid to the media. give him a small break. 1 moment doesnt define a player/person

LT is a humble guy for most part. you can call him stupid/immature but i still respect the man even though he crossed the line with the BB remarks

Why do you "respect" him? How is he "smart and mature"? I'm honestly curious as to why there's this "LT is the classiest guy" nonsense floating around. What is the basis of this?

eh, i had a comment but i just want it to go away so i deleted it.

let's stick with "I'm sorry" as the two words he should say.

Why do you "respect" him? How is he "smart and mature"? I'm honestly curious as to why there's this "LT is the classiest guy" nonsense floating around. What is the basis of this?

i respect him because hes been a great football player and person since coming into the league. Just recently had he said anything questionable. How is he stupid by calling out a coach ? Hes got his reasons and we dont agree but it doesntm ake him stupid. Hes a smart guy and a lot of fans around the league would admit(take away recent stuff) Same goes with maturity..when has he caused trouble before? Hes not 1 of thosep layers all about the money and popularity. He may not be the "classiest" guy in league NOW but hes still a class guy and dont let 1 incident fool you. Hes clearly dissapointed. Do you consider BB classy? Some wouldnt because "pushing a photopgrahper, dropping F bomb" and all that non sense. How about Brady flipping on SChot last year? Do you consider him classy still? maybe not a classy move but hes still a very classy guy

im sure Belichick is as heartbroken about this as he is about Bledsoe's "feelings" being hurt.

i respect him because hes been a great football player and person since coming into the league. Just recently had he said anything questionable. How is he stupid by calling out a coach ? Hes got his reasons and we dont agree but it doesntm ake him stupid. Hes a smart guy and a lot of fans around the league would admit(take away recent stuff) Same goes with maturity..when has he caused trouble before? Hes not 1 of thosep layers all about the money and popularity. He may not be the "classiest" guy in league NOW but hes still a class guy and dont let 1 incident fool you. Hes clearly dissapointed. Do you consider BB classy? Some wouldnt because "pushing a photopgrahper, dropping F bomb" and all that non sense. How about Brady flipping on SChot last year? Do you consider him classy still? maybe not a classy move but hes still a very classy guy

you appear to be arguing that the guy is classy due to lack of proof otherwise. being classier than TO and the Twig isn't a great accomplishment. you're a 3 foot tall woman. i've never seen or heard anything to make me believe otherwise so it must be true.

that sillyness aside, calling out a coach is stupid. coaches are the bosses. you do not call out bosses. yes, BB isn't LDT's direct boss but he is a boss in the same industry. LDT will be able to get away with it because he's great, but it's still stupid and could bite him in the ass in the future. it also attracts negative attention to him, which is stupid. more people dislike LDT today than did a few days ago.

Again, HOW has he been a "great person"? Do you know him personally? I'm just curious as to the basis of this "great respect for LT" and "LT is a great person" comments. Or are you claiming that you respect him because he happens to be physically gifted? If that's the case, that's a rather shallow basis to "respect" a person and ignore his immaturity.

LT's initial cheapshot at Belichick didn't demonstrate his stupidity, it demonstrated his "classlessness" as I define classlessness. Going out of your way to impugne another person's character (after ironically claiming to be "classy") is classless. Making later comments that he would say "two words to BB" - if that's true - shows his immaturity. His interrupted attempts to confront some Patriots players on the field also demonstrate his "immaturity". By the way, I could not find a definition of "classy" or "classless" which would fit the way the word is (inappropriately) used, particulary in sports, so I would like to know your definition of "classy". Being "classy" to me means behaving in a manner that goes beyond what an average individual would do. Similarly my view of "classless" means behaving in a manner

Again, HOW has he been a "great person"? Do you know him personally? I'm just curious as to the basis of this "great respect for LT" and "LT is a great person" comments. Or are you claiming that you respect him because he happens to be physically gifted? If that's the case, that's a rather shallow basis to "respect" a person and ignore his immaturity. How is he "smart" or "mature"? Not getting into "trouble" or not being all about "money and popularity" (and how would you know the latter if you don't know the guy personally?) doesn't make someone "classy" or "smart" or "mature".

LT's initial cheapshot at Belichick didn't demonstrate his stupidity, it demonstrated his "classlessness" as I define classlessness. Going out of your way to impugn another person's character (after ironically claiming to be "classy") is classless. Making later comments that he would say "two words to BB" - if that's true - shows his immaturity. His interrupted attempt to confront some Patriots players on the field also demonstrated his immaturity. His stupidity was quite apparent by his claims that he made his statement about Belichick because "Marty tells them to act like they have been there" so if one player on the Patriot acts in a manner that LT doesn't deem appropriate, it must mean that Belichick condoned it or "didn't tell them to act like they have been there". For LT to make such an assumption is STUPID, and his stupidity is highlighted when one considers not only the Chargers onfield incidents in THAT game, but their off field incidents all year. Using LT's nonlogic, it would be quite okay to claim that Marty is "classless" or a "thug" or a "cheater" because of Florence's headbutt or Merriman's steroid use or "punch Brady's face" comments. Luckily for Marty, the average person isn't as dumb as LT.

I don't KNOW Brady personally so I do not know if he's a "classy" person. He has done one "classy" thing that I know of - which was him staying with Charlie's wife when Charlie was in the hospital. That's CLASSY. Saying rote things to the media (he's a great player, I respect him) and going through rote mannerisms (shaking hands after the game) is neither classy nor classless. This is what most public figures do - they project an image that's palatable to the media/public. What they do in private or when the cameras are not around says a whole lot more about a public figure's character than scripted press conferences or planned interviews. I thought Brady's reaction to Marty's comments last year was idiotic but it demonstrated nothing about class. Belichick's shove of the cameraman was a little intense, but I had no problem with his basic action since the cameraman was standing IN his path, he was in a HURRY and it was doubtful that saying "excuse me" was going to work immediately. Anyone who has ever tried to leave a stadium after a game knows exactly what I mean - you have to be aggressive to get through the crowd - standing, yelling "excuse me" isn't going to get you anywhere quickly. I also don't know Belichick personally to say whether or not he's classy and I don't think anything he has ever done, of which I know, has been "classless". Well, his "f u" to T. Jackson borders on it but Jackson had it coming after essentially slandering him.

actually this is what he said

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/01/16/tomlinsons_mouth_still_running/

Tomlinson was asked about the possibility of being coached by Belichick in the Pro Bowl, which could happen if the Patriots lose the AFC Championship game.

"It will be pretty interesting," he said. "I don't know how that would go over, but obviously I probably wouldn't say two words to him. I definitely wouldn't. In the heat of the moment and competitive nature, sometimes you say things. I don't know if that's where they get it from, the coach or not.
iam sorry if i misinterpreted the title ..i just heard on radio although its not that from being correct..i said "2 words most" and he says he wont say 2 words :)

he actually is very smart and mature..but when u lose a playoff game as an MVP..it hurts the brain cells

It's all an act. His agent told him the NFL doesn't have many classy players. So he's marketing himself as a "classy" player. That's why you get comments like, "I'm a classy player."

Just a question for you all: Larry Johnson has a horrible image because of his battles with Vermeil. Yet Johnson does a huge amount of work in the Baltimore community, and on the field he hands the ball to the referees immediately after a score. He never showboats. So, why is his image as an unclassy player so pervasive?

You see, this is just NFL branding 101. This is LaDainian's schtick. "I'm a classy player." My agent and the media have made sure that that's the message and the image I'm supposed to portray.

Look, LT, if you're really so petty that you have to complain about dances when your team tries to constantly humiliate the opponent, then I applaud you for dropping this so called classy veneer and letting us really know how you feel. At least now you're being HONEST.

its the first time hes ever said anything stupid to the media. give him a small break. 1 moment doesnt define a player/person

LT is a humble guy for most part. you can call him stupid/immature but i still respect the man even though he crossed the line with the BB remarks

That moment has lasted 3 days now.

its the first time hes ever said anything stupid to the media.
I gave him a total pass the first time he said anything stupid to the media, which was locker room press. He got less of a pass the second time he said something stupid to the media, which was the Wiley interview well afterwards. The thrid thime he said something stupid to the media, the next day where he again blamed BB for players celebrating the exact dance that his team-mate does regularly, he got no pass.

When he says the speaks up because he wants athletes to set an example for the kids, and uses the Patriots doing the Merriman dance as what is abad example to kids, and not the dance itself, or steroids, or any of the taunting dancers some players do, when he sees the Patriots as the team he needs to focus on as bad examples to kids, I have to say he is less worried about the kids and more concerned about his own ego at being beaten.

It is one thing to be a hypocrit. That is bad enough. But now he is manupilating kids in order to drive a person agenda.

Sorry, he has lost all free passes.

he actually is very smart and mature..but when u lose a playoff game as an MVP..it hurts the brain cells

He is a punk. Anybody can cultivate a public image by doing some charity work or whatever. But LT is showing his real colors. How many excuses are we going to make for this crappy behavior?

I've heard all year how LT's such a "class act" and everyone loves him, he's a great ambassador for the game, etc. I admit all of these comments had me thinking that he indeed must be a pretty good guy. I never personally saw any evidence of this. The only thing that struck me about him I guess is that he's not generally a showboat, but there are a lot of guys who don't celebrate every TD and they don't seem to get the same respect as LT. After seeing his press conference, though, I was less than impressed. I mean, he doesn't seem very bright, and I almost felt bad for him at times. He really didn't project himself very well. Why didn't the entire Chargers team react the same way he did if what the Pats did was so unforgivable? It made me think of when McGinest ran down the field in Indy after stopping the Colts on the goal line on 4th down. I don't remember the Colts being up in arms over that, which I consider to be somewhat comparable to what some of the Pats did on Sunday.

We're really confusing two things here, conflating supposed issues about "class" with issues about a man's worth as a person.

There is very little doubt that LT is a very positive community force and does an awful lot of good for people in the community even when the cameras are off. You can't take any of that away from him, and in the final analysis, if he makes one sick kid feel better even for 30 seconds it's more important about who he as a person and what he's about than any stupid post-game comments.

Several players do these things too (but not nearly enough), and perhaps you can questions LT's motives -- whether he's cultivating an image or truly has philanthropy in his heart. Who knows. You could say the same about Warrick Dunn, I supppose, but that doesn't take away the fact that he's used his celebrity to make hundreds or thousands of people feel better who otherwise wouldn't have. And you can't take that away from Tomlinson either. You just can't.

He's a good guy who said a few sore loser dumb things, took the ridiculous step of calling out an opponent's coach even though he has no idea what he's talking about, and is compounding the problem by not backing off. And I'll admit that the more he talks the more he looks a little off in the IQ department. But that's what this is and it's all that it is. It's not an indictment of the man himself or what he means or does.

We're really confusing two things here, conflating supposed issues about "class" with issues about a man's worth as a person.

There is very little doubt that LT is a very positive community force and does an awful lot of good for people in the community even when the cameras are off. You can't take any of that away from him, and in the final analysis, if he makes one sick kid feel better even for 30 seconds it's more important about who he as a person and what he's about than any stupid post-game comments.

Several players do these things too (but not nearly enough), and perhaps you can questions LT's motives -- whether he's cultivating an image or truly has philanthropy in his heart. Who knows. You could say the same about Warrick Dunn, I supppose, but that doesn't take away the fact that he's used his celebrity to make hundreds or thousands of people feel better who otherwise wouldn't have. And you can't take that away from Tomlinson either. You just can't.

He's a good guy who said a few sore loser dumb things, took the ridiculous step of calling out an opponent's coach even though he has no idea what he's talking about, and is compounding the problem by not backing off. And I'll admit that the more he talks the more he looks a little off in the IQ department. But that's what this is and it's all that it is. It's not an indictment of the man himself or what he means or does.

is it fair for LDT to take a shot at BB and try to sully his name? this seems like a good place to repeat the Jim Brown quote we all love:

"Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times – financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns form 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

So LDT's comments shouldn't reflect on the man he is off the field, even though his comments reflect poorly on BB?

If you're going to knock the character of other people (who have also done a lot for their communities) then you open yourself up to criticism of your character.

I really feel this whole LT "classy" image is a sham thought up by his agent. It's the reason LT makes comments like, "I am a classy person." People don't say that unless they are VERY conscious of their image.

is it fair for LDT to take a shot at BB and try to sully his name? this seems like a good place to repeat the Jim Brown quote we all love:

"Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times – financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns form 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

So LDT's comments shouldn't reflect on the man he is off the field, even though his comments reflect poorly on BB?

He said a stupid thing. He's coming off as a not very smart guy. He picked the wrong guy to criticize. He's not letting go of something he should let go of. He seems not to understand that he's criticizing the Patriots because they copied one of the least classy guys in the NFL.

I get all that. I just don't see how it takes away the good works he's done. It is what it is, but it's not more than it is.

He said a stupid thing. He's coming off as a not very smart guy. He picked the wrong guy to criticize. He's not letting go of something he should let go of. He seems not to understand that he's criticizing the Patriots because they copied one of the least classy guys in the NFL.

I get all that. I just don't see how it takes away the good works he's done. It is what it is, but it's not more than it is.

i can agree with that.

They should ask Rivers how he would know what it's like to act like you've been there before since he never has :D

Seriously though, i'm not impressed with the gloating but i'm equally unimpressed with the whining coming out of rivers and LT.

From a prior post on another thread that so far has had no responses:

sanvara said:

Yes, those comments were not classy, but poor behavior a year ago does not justify it now. Some Pats fans are mature enough to admit what happened after the game was not professional or classy and is not an example of "acting like you've been there before."

..."acting like you've been there before."?

What do you guys know about having been there before?

You guys have "pep rallies" where one of your big stars wants to "punch Tom Brady in the mouth"...

You're already making reservations for Miami, and you've already had a parade route planned...

You're talking trash non-stop on the field, until it (belatedly) dawns on you that the game is slipping away, and indeed appears to be beyond your grasp to retrieve...

Whereupon the Pats, after a very hard-earned victory, go about celebrating in your house!

And this is too much for you guys!

Don't you guys dare utter a word about "acting like you've been there before". Don't you dare! When you've gone out and done it, and acted with "class" yourselves, then you can talk about it!

Not a moment before, damn you!

yup..they showed the transcript of his yelling on NECN tonite "act like you have been here before"

thats kinda childish...

Phillip Rivers reminds me of Ryan Leaf?

Is it the whiny kid attitude or maybe just the uniform, I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back