PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT: Mark Sanchez Would Ask For Release If Jets Start Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don’t know if he would handle it well,” Tomlinson said yesterday on the NFL Network, according to USA Today. “I think he would probably go in and maybe ask to be released. Here is Mark Sanchez’s gripe: ‘I took you guys to two straight AFC Championship Games. Yeah, I didn’t get it done last year, but my first and second year, I took you to two AFC Championship Games. How can you turn around and just bring in another quarterback right now?’”

I think he is right, Mark Sanchez is not fit to backup an elite QB like Pyeton, he should be a backup for Dan Orlovsky ;)

Ask for release? That's like saying "I quit" just before your boss says "you're fired."

We should totally bring him in if he's released...as a receiver:D

Can you ask for your release after you have been placed on waivers? The only way the Jets could afford to sign Manning is if they cut or trade Sanchez.

Ask for release? That's like saying "I quit" just before your boss says "you're fired."

His contract would dictate the decision. He makes a ridiculous amount of money so they wouldn't be able to pay him that money as a backup UNLESS the cap hit is so ridiculous they would have to keep him on the roster. I think the latter is the case which is why getting Manning isn't a viable option.

Does little marky actually think he should actually start ahead of peyton manning? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
No worries for Sanchez lovers in NY about losing the Sanchise

The NY Jets simply don't have the monetary ammo to sign Manning even if they wanted to,they can barely afford signing Chad Henne who they probably will go after once the Dolphins release him.

The NY Jets are like the obnoxious kid that has to be loud and noticed because otherwise he gets no attention....NY has no intent from the beginning of sitting Mark and signing Peyton but put themselves in the running because they just want to be a part of the show.

Even if this B.S. was true,in order for NY to even think about Peyton,they would have to restructure contracts all over the place and let some good players go....that would be dumb considering this is a 36 year old QB coming off a major injury and a year away from the game.

Even if this B.S. was true,in order for NY to even think about Peyton,they would have to restructure contracts all over the place and let some good players go....that would be dumb considering this is a 36 year old QB coming off a major injury and a year away from the game.

That's why I'm rooting for them to do it. I hope they give him a contract with, like $60M guaranteed.

That's why I'm rooting for them to do it. I hope they give him a contract with, like $60M guaranteed.

I think most of us here would want Manning to go to NY as well

While his presence could possibly vault the NY Jets to a Division title,one hit from the blindside could also vault Peyton into retirement.

Not to mention even if the Jets had a super year with Peyton,they would be sacrificing the cap into the next 5 years with a QB that would likely be reaching 40 before his new contract is up.

Rex Ryan is a complete buffoon but I don't think he is THAT dumb.

The Jets should ride the tide with Sanchez and Henne as backup in 2012 and focus on drafting Barkeley in 2013

Last edited:
Can you ask for your release after you have been placed on waivers? The only way the Jets could afford to sign Manning is if they cut or trade Sanchez.

And no one would trade for him with that contract.
He would end up a backup somewhere making about 1mill

I'm not sure about a release, but Manning would probably T-bag him if he wants. ;)

Sanchez-is-scared-3.gif

Peyton wants to win, he's not gonna play in the AFC East, because his chances are slim with the Pats in the division.

Even if the Jets could afford Manning, I don't think he's gonna be of any use. He'd be older, slower, needing time to adjust after so much time off (look at Brady in 2009) and his arm strength is questionable at this point. I doubt the Colts would just turn him loose if he had anything left. So Sancheese is fine.

And no one would trade for him with that contract.
He would end up a backup somewhere making about 1mill

On JI, there is a thread saying that I think Adam Schefter said the Jets could get a first rounder for Sanchez. In what friggin universe. The only team that I could see trading for Sanchez at all is Seattle, but even then I don't think Pete Carroll thinks that high of Sanchez.

The Jets would have to release Sanchez if the unlikely chance they get Manning. Why would any team give up a high pick to get Sanchez when they know the Jets had no option but to cut him to get the cap room to sign Manning.

It is as ludicrious as that report that the Jets are going to trade Wayne Hunter.

Peyton wants to win, he's not gonna play in the AFC East, because his chances are slim with the Pats in the division.

Even if the Jets could afford Manning, I don't think he's gonna be of any use. He'd be older, slower, needing time to adjust after so much time off (look at Brady in 2009) and his arm strength is questionable at this point. I doubt the Colts would just turn him loose if he had anything left. So Sancheese is fine.
Sanchez has nothing to worry about except a bruised ego from all the Manning talk. Even if the Jets could afford to sign him, which they can't. One of the last places in the league that would be attractive to Manning would be the Jets. Wrong climate, wrong stadium, wrong offense, wrong HC, wrong media, wrong locker room climate, wrong WRs, wrong OL.....and the list can go on.

HOWEVER, I think you could be wrong about the AFCE. IMHO the best landing spot for Peyton would be Miami. Right climate, his HC was the OC of the best passing offense in the league, decent OL, soft media, good locker room, good WRs..... and an owner who is DESPERATE to create some Dolphin buzz in a town which hasn't had any the last decade.

That is awesome.

I love the way this dude walks around thinking he's a hard ass with his puke green mouthpiece hanging out of his mouth. He exudes "look at me....look at me" Honey moon is over marky :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back