PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lowest rated player on Madden 07 speaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a real interview with that player about this a few months ago. That guy is actually one of the best long snappers in the game. Personally, I think the Madden ratings have been pretty inaccurate the past few years.

Last edited:
Finally, I would like to comment on an unlikely topic, my pass coverage ratings. I see that I am a better at man-to-man coverage (31) than zone (21). **** me sideways with a lunchbox. Where did these scores even come from? How much time is spent coming up with the pass coverage ratings of offensive lineman? Can I have that job? Let’s see here, I think that Orlando Pace would be slightly better at jumping intermediate routes than Larry Allen. While I’m at it, I can assign the passing ratings for offensive lineman as well. I can use mine as a guide.

I was rated with a throwing power of 17 and accuracy of 16. Orlando Pace has a 22 power and 17 accuracy rating. Did someone at EA really put time into figuring out that Orlando Pace edges out Ethan Albright in both throwing power and accuracy? I will challenge him any day. My horrible passer ratings are of greatest misfortune to my son, Red Beard Jr. The poor boy is not only hideously ugly and covered by freakishly large freckles. He also has to suffer through playing catch with me and my senile-elderly-woman-type passer ratings. A session of tossing the pigskin usually consists of me missing my son by thirty yards in sporadic directions. I led him in front of a fire truck once and my wife kicked my ass. This is because of my 76 toughness rating.....
Almost wet myself. :rofl:

that was so funny, that guy is the man

That was very funny, but also made some really good points about the arbitrary nature of the ratings they give.

Mike the Brit said:
What a fantastic rant!

I won't ask how you found it. I didn't expect to smile once today, let alone laugh out loud as I sat behind my desk. Thank you.
I actually found it posted on a Husker message board. Glad you liked it.

"If Ted Washington tied a white lady up and made her wear a metal bikini, he’d look just like Jabba the Hut."

The mere visualization of this thought has me both laughing and very very, afraid.......

Hilarious!!!

That looks incredibly fake.

Last edited:
pats1 said:

Fake or not fake, it is incredibly hilarious. But I agree with you, I doubt a player has that much time during the season to compose what is actually a very well written and well organized rant. But regardless, thank you for sharing, I have already forwarded it to a dozen of my friends.

pats1 said:
It's obviously satire. No player would write anything like that.

So you're trying to tell me he's rated 78 and an 80 at the same time?
"Sniffing 80" means "near 80".

Hok said:
"Sniffing 80" means "near 80".

I suppose that would make more sense.

:scared:

omg that was so funny it hurt when i laughed i was laughing that hard. i thought i might die. Great find man! Great stuff in there!

maverick4 said:
I read a real interview with that player about this a few months ago. That guy is actually one of the best long snappers in the game. Personally, I think the Madden ratings have been pretty inaccurate the past few years.

same....read it on espn.com

he basically says he doenst care what a video game rates him...

his teammates think its unfair b/c he's such a great long snapper..and that that should account for a boost in rating....

don't read while consuming anything, especially oatmeal :D

Freaking hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill