PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Low key ring ceremony today

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Kraft passed out AFC championship rings in a team meeting after practice. Told them now lets go get the real one.

Nice ring with lots of symbolism, 73 diamonds representing the 73 players who played in 2011, MHK and what looks like the raised hands from the painting.

Moore tweeted the best photos of his, said he's blessed but not satisfied.

Blessed but not satisfied #AFCChamps on Twitpic

Hmm, I wonder if Haynesworth got a ring.

Jester players and their fans would have woody's just being afc champs. Something they haven't done in over 40 years ... :rolleyes:

Kraft told players, "Let's get the real one!"​

JB-Patsring-thumb-300x225-74844.jpg

AFC Champions Rings???

9w4ekx

Came across that on Twitter. Sterling Moores AFCC ring he posted. I never knew teams got rings for winning the AFCC game. Or did he (or the team) have it made on his own???

EDIT: Sorry just saw the other thread. Kraft gave them out. Probably wanted all the players to remember the MHK symbol. Cant blame him for that reason.

Last edited:
Re: AFC Champions Rings???

every year the super bowl loser gets conference championship rings.

anyone who's seen Ace Ventura should know the AFC champs get rings

And to make the AFCC rings even less glorious, I believe Jake Ballard arrives today in Foxboro.

"Now THAT'S a RING!"

Last edited:
And to make the AFCC rings even less glorious, I believe Jake Ballard arrives today in Foxboro.

"Now THAT'S a RING!"
It's ok, Belichick just showed him his 5 Super Bowl rings.

The thread title had me thinking this:

Attachments

• key ring.jpg
    key ring.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 88
A Conference Championship is a "Championship." It's not the ultimate or, as Bob Kraft put it, "real" Championship, but it's a mighty accomplishment. 16 teams set out at 0-0, as BB is fond of saying, to climb that mountain and only one does.

A little perspective: in the SB era only the Cowboys (8) and Steelers (8) have won more Conference Championships and thus gone to the SB more often than the Pats (7).

Vince Lombardi made famous the saying that Winning is "the only thing." And, game by game and during a season, there's no doubt that that's how true competitors feel and get motivated.

But, as much as true competitors wish they might, you can't win everything every year. In sports, a franchise is judged over time, by winning it all when things fall right (when there are no Velcro helmets and franchise QB's don't take Safety's on the first offensive play of the game and Franchise Wide Receivers make Franchise Wide Receiver Catches), but also by being competitive year in and year out.

So, yeah it ain't the Lombardi and it ain't a Parade in downtown Boston, but it's still a pretty great accomplishment, especially when put together with the other things the Franchise has accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down