PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Low hit on Bradys Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same game, ninko (I think) had the same situation with Fitzpatrick

Cunningham. I was surprised there was no penalty when it happened.

In the same game, ninko (I think) had the same situation with Fitzpatrick

Go look at where Cunningham actually made contact on Fitzpicksix.

You can see the hit as the camera starts to follow the ball in the air. As soon as I saw Brady's knee buckle I said out loud, "seasons over". It was nearly identical to the 08 hit. IMHO the only thing that saved him from injury was he had the knee brace on. I almost cried tears of joy when I saw him walking around fine after the play.

Was waiting for one of these threads :rolleyes:

It wasn't a cheap shot. Of course he ntentionally dove at him because that's his job! You think he's going to lay down and think (given the game speed) 'oh I better not try and get to him because I might hit below his knee'? You don't process that. You have one thought on your mind and that's to get to, sack, or hit the QB.

He will rightfully get a fine but I don't think he intentionally went low to try and injure Brady.

As you said, 'it's football'...leave it at that.

while I hate the tackles under the belt due to the great chance for causing injury, I can't get to worked up over. Just look at how Brady tries to block and many RBs as well. A lot of the smaller offensive players go low in blocking but nobody gets worked up over it when it happens to a defensive player.

while I hate the tackles under the belt due to the great chance for causing injury, I can't get to worked up over. Just look at how Brady tries to block and many RBs as well. A lot of the smaller offensive players go low in blocking but nobody gets worked up over it when it happens to a defensive player.

You can tackle below the belt. You can hit a QB on the thigh. You can't do 2 things:

1. Hit the QB at the knees or tibias or ankles unless you're blocked into him...

2. And you must make an attempt to get up if you're knocked to the ground. You can't crawl and lung like Kyle Williams did.

I don't remember the exact play but I didn't feel like it was a cheap shot when I saw it. Think you're over reacting a bit...

Maybe the NFL should put flags on the QBs and just have defenders pull the QB's flag instead of hitting the QBs.

Less chance of QBs getting injured that way.

So Williams, with the Patriots threatening, should have lied still face down on the ground as Brady wound up, potentially hurting his team, because of the rules? Sorry, but if I have a DL that actually abides by this, I want them off the team. Take the chance at the flag for the increased certainty of stopping the opposing offense.

I think you missed the part where I said I had no problem with it? Go to page one and read the full discussion...I said it there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes