PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lovie Smith Exposed...Deer in the Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
No one probably wants to hear this,but,with 2 weeks of preparation,this was one of the most inept coaching jobs in history.

Blitz Manning-No Way
Moving Hester up on Kickoffs-Ridiculous
Sticking with Gross-Man-Playing Scared
Almost 200 yds rushing by the Colts-Pathetic

There's a reason the Bears haven't extended Smith's contract......but,they're stuck with him.

When you pump up a coach because he's African-American,what the hell are you going to do,when he proves to be inept.

Did you see him tonite on the sidelines?....A Deer in the Headlights.

Bob Kraft was the only owner who was honest a few years ago,when he said that if you hire a Black
coach,who is inadequate......how are you going to fire him,without being branded as a racist.

Unfortunately,for all the owners,the chickens have
come home to roost.

Bob Kraft said that? When?

In case you didn't notice, a lot of black coaches have been fired in the last few years. The same as white coaches.

Obviously this means we cannot fire Pepper Johnson.

Bob Kraft said that? When?

In case you didn't notice, a lot of black coaches have been fired in the last few years. The same as white coaches.

You,and others are missing the whole point of the post.It's NOT about African-American coaches,..
it's about INEPT coaches,and the price an owner may pay by firing one.
It's about "political correctness" and the fear of retribution and the racial politics endemic in the sports world,as well as the country.

Chicago will have difficulty firing Lovie Smith,as he is a beloved figure,by most in the fawning media.

He's a lousy coach,inept in the SB........to deny that
racial politics isn't a factor here,is naive,at best...
political correctness run amok.....at it's worst.

I'm paraphrasing Bob Kraft,but he said this,and he was just being realistic,not racist.

I'll find the interview he gave,I didn't exaggerate it,at all.

The buffoons who are extending this to Pepper Johnson and Ivan Fears are the real racists.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Question: "Have you given any thought to re-thinking Rex Grossman at quarterback?"
Lovies answer: "We went 12-4 with Rex as our quarterback. Rex is our quarterback"

How's that workin out for him? Godawful coach. IMO they should hire Ron Rivera (d coordinator) as their head coach and not re-sign Lovie.

I don't think owners pay much of price for firing inept coaches.

Hiring them, on the other hand...

They don't need to fire him. He's not signed for next year.

ok, then. bad team hires coach. they win their division in 2005. they go to the Super Bowl in 2006. Yeah, they should fire him.

ok, then. bad team hires coach. they win their division in 2005. they go to the Super Bowl in 2006. Yeah, they should fire him.

Not to be repetitious....but,again,.....The Bears have not signed Smith to an extension.
If you believe that this has nothing to do with his coaching performance,then you are naive.

If Bill Cowher had not won last year,his legacy would have been the fact that he lost 3 AFC Championships....2 of them at home.Despite his winning record,like Lovie Smith.....he should have been rightfully,fired.

to put it simply...it's not how many wins,.....it's WHEN you win.

That's the difference between the NY Yankees and the Boston Red Sox......is it not?

Wow, UR dumb. I mean, really, really dumb.

Lovie Smith just took the Bears to the Superbowl and you think he should be fired cuz he's black?

Go back to your Klan meeting.

The Bears have not signed Smith to an extension.
It will be interesting to see whether Jerry Angelo signs Lovie Smith to that contract extension. Remember ...... Rex is the Chicago Bears quarterback.

Lovie Smith was not exposed. He has done a great job for the Bears. He and ownership need to solve the primary problem of the franchise: relying on Grossman. I would have pulled him a couple of weeks before the playoffs.

The Bears were beaten by a much better team, who they could not match up against without an average NFL quarterback. The best team methodically exploited the weaker team, plain and simple. If the colts kicking game had been better, they would have scored another 7 points. If the weather was a bit better, the turnovers would have been a bit reduced. If the colts had played a better game, the score would have been very lopsided indeed.

Yes, the Bears offense embarrassed themselves. That does NOT take the shine off a great last two years by the Bears.

We came within a first down or two of beating the colts in our nexxt to last possession. The Bears were slaughtered. The Bears simply weren't as good as the Colts, not on paper, not when they played on the field on Sunday.

The better team won, plain and simple.

Griese is no great QB but Gross Rexman just can't play. They should have used the last few games of the regular season to move him out.

Yup!
Griese is an OK NFL quarterback, all they needed, sort of like Dilfer for the 2000 Ravens.

Griese is no great QB but Gross Rexman just can't play. They should have used the last few games of the regular season to move him out.

Yup!
Griese is an OK NFL quarterback, all they needed, sort of like Dilfer for the 2000 Ravens.
He looked just as bad against Seattle. For a lot of that game I thought The Twig was heading to the next round due to Gross. Shame on Lovie for not seeing the obvious and triple shame on him if Gross is the starter again next year.

Wow, UR dumb. I mean, really, really dumb.

Lovie Smith just took the Bears to the Superbowl and you think he should be fired cuz he's black?

Go back to your Klan meeting.

YES!.....and Bob Kraft should lose the Patriots because he's Jewish.

Gays should be banned from civil society.

and,you sir,should explore late-term abortion,as it is your only hope to escape the ridicule of the intelligentsia.

I for one HATE deer.

I just phuckin hit one (ok, a buck... but it's close enough) tonight.

Motherphuckin stupid b!tch phucked up my truck pretty bad...

Just reading the word deer struck a DEEP vein of hatred.

Why does it seem so hard at times 2 bag one... but then you can tap one so very easy on the road????

Phuck sakes...

Today was one PHUCKED UP day...

I should have got the rack and used it as a hood orniment (sp).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes