Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lovely Michelle's Collard Greens

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Our stunning first lady who has the firmest arms in the world spent all this money to buy some organic crap when all she had to do was pick her own sh!t that she planted on top of the White House Septic Tank.

God Bless Michelle's Arms.
    News Today:
    Let's say you're preparing dinner and you realize with dismay that you don't have any certified organic Tuscan kale. What to do?

Here's how Michelle Obama handled this very predicament Thursday afternoon:

The Secret Service and the D.C. police brought in three dozen vehicles and shut down H Street, Vermont Avenue, two lanes of I Street and an entrance to the McPherson Square Metro station. They swept the area, in front of the Department of Veterans Affairs, with bomb-sniffing dogs and installed magnetometers in the middle of the street, put up barricades to keep pedestrians out, and took positions with binoculars atop trucks. Though the produce stand was only a block or so from the White House, the first lady hopped into her armored limousine and pulled into the market amid the wail of sirens.

Then, and only then, could Obama purchase her leafy greens. "Now it's time to buy some food," she told several hundred people who came to watch. "Let's shop!"

Cowbells were rung. Somebody put a lei of marigolds around Obama's neck. The first lady picked up a straw basket and headed for the "Farm at Sunnyside" tent, where she loaded up with organic Asian pears, cherry tomatoes, multicolored potatoes, free-range eggs and, yes, two bunches of Tuscan kale. She left the produce with an aide, who paid the cashier as Obama made her way back to the limousine.
    Dana Milbank - Washington Sketch: Michelle Obama Gets Her Farmers Market
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Why do they put free range eggs in plastic containers?
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

----loons------
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Given the racism and hate by many right wingers, I'm glad to see the Secret Service taking these steps. I also think it's great that she publicly embraces things like gardening, organic food, and farmer's markets. She's setting a good example and not acting effete like the Bush's did. Remember when Bush, Sr. went to buy something at a store and didn't even know about scanners and had no money on him? (And I bet he had plenty of Secret Service, too.)
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wasn't about the food...it was all just publicity.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Spin doctoring at its worst.

As Michelle, doing her Marie Antoinette impression would say: "let them eat cake".

"Massive carbon footprint and hundreds of thousands spent for a food shopping lark?? Who cares!! I'M the First Lady, so go pound sand. I'll tell YOU to do with less, don't buy carbon-hungry vehicles, but ME, I'm EXEMPT!!"

Michelle Obama just spent hundreds of thousands of tax-payers' dollars just so SHE could go food shopping ONE Block away from the White House. Yeah, she needs to get out more ..... that's for sure. But spending all this tax-payer money for what amounted to just another photo op is disgusting, arrogant to the extreme, and wasteful as hell.

"Feel our pain???" Yeah, Michelle (and Patters), right.

//
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Yup........................
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Promoting the "Farm Fresh" movement, is a very good thing.. most of the farmers markets are quite cool and very interesting places to shop... prices tend to be high, but would much rather support locals, rather than Con Agra...

Must be a slow day for the news eh???
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

What happend to those Carrots she planted on top of the Septic Tank......................:confused:
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +626 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

These motorcades as you have said are no joke. I don't think the average person who has never witnessed one can geta true sense of what there like. The day they caught Saddam in that spider hole I was in D.C. My wife (who's from D.C.)and I were coming back from visiting the Smithsonian, we came to a traffic light across the street from the entrance/exit to the WH. All of a sudden police cruisers screamed to a halt in front of the WH exit,blocking traffic. We could see something was about to happen after about 5-10 minutes of waiting the gates opened. And I'd say any where from 15-18 vehicals roared out. First a half dozen motorcycled police followed by a couple of blue SS Suv's, then two limo's one carrying Bush, then another four SS suv's followed by an ambulance and more suv's and various cars,followed by more DC police. It seemed to take a good five min. just for all the cars to exit, all of them moveing fast. I joked all this to go to Mc Donalds. We sat there for another five minuts or so. Someone tried to take a RT hand turn a cop leapt on his hood,fell off an then started screaming at the driver. Finally we could take a LT. and head back to Bethesda. But what a show I'll never forget it.

AHH this is what happens anytime the POTUS or family go anywhere.

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 4 / -2

[​IMG]
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

And they want us to ride bikes.

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

This is from a couple of years ago i didn't notice the motorcycles sentence. Anyways if this was any indication when ever the POTUS or his family goes anywhere its big deal, everything in the area is shut down.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

I know, Jesus I don't know how much longer I can go on.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

There ya go. Online it and tell it's for Michelle Obama and you'll get top shelf toady service, fo' sho'.

What have we gotten ourselves into!!!

//