PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Love this mock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice mock. I like the Levitre pick. He is a nasty player.

I, on the other hand, don't like any of the 4 picks. In reverse order:

#58 - Levitre is ok, but with Woods still on the board? That's a no brainer for me. If I want to go interior line, I'll take Woods over Levitre any day.

#47 - Patrick Chung is a fine player, but with Connor Barwin and Jarron Gilbert still on the board?

#34 - Alphonso Smith is a nice ballhawk but small and with average speed. If I go CB at #34 (which I don't), then Darius Butler (going #44 to Miami) makes more sense. I also prefer Sean Smith (going #54). And with Robert Ayers (35), Louis Delmas (38), William Beatty (39), Barwin (48) and Gilbert (50) all available, to pass on all of them would be unlikely. As an aside, Rob Rang lists Alphonso Smith among his pro day sliders in his most recent column, noting "Though he leaves Wake Forest as the ACC's career leader in interceptions, the 5-9, 193-pound Smith did little in workouts to prove NFL quarterbacks shouldn't challenge him, choosing to stick with his marginal 4.51 second 40-yard dash at the combine and only posting a 32-inch vertical jump at his Pro Day."

Pro Days wrap: Who helped their stock, hurt it, still has questions - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

The amazing thing to me was that everyone I like for the Pats was available after the 34th pick (Barwin, Beatty, Delmas, Gilbert, Wood, Sean Smith and Ayers), and we passed on all of them, many more than once.

Getting English, Smith and Chung would make me ecstatic !!

We can quibble about the last pick, but I would like an OL at that spot and Levitre provides the verstaility BB likes (and the nastiness I love).

#34 - Alphonso Smith is a nice ballhawk but small and with average speed. If I go CB at #34 (which I don't), then Darius Butler (going #44 to Miami) makes more sense. I also prefer Sean Smith (going #54). And with Robert Ayers (35), Louis Delmas (38), William Beatty (39), Barwin (48) and Gilbert (50) all available, to pass on all of them would be unlikely. As an aside, Rob Rang lists Alphonso Smith among his pro day sliders in his most recent column, noting "Though he leaves Wake Forest as the ACC's career leader in interceptions, the 5-9, 193-pound Smith did little in workouts to prove NFL quarterbacks shouldn't challenge him, choosing to stick with his marginal 4.51 second 40-yard dash at the combine and only posting a 32-inch vertical jump at his Pro Day."

A smurf CB who can't jump is like a linebacker who can't tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes