PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Love the leadership potential for Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It's hard not to like what he does on the field, but I also like that this guy is a very vocal leader in the mold of Ray Lewis. The emotional heart and soul guy is something we've been missing on D since Rodney and Bru hung it up.

Mayo is more of a lead by example type. It's hard for rookies to jump into leadership roles, but if he could move into it by his second season, assuming he's a starter by that point.

He is an alpha male type and will go into camp expecting to earn a starting job.

Anyway you gotta love the fire. It can't hurt.

Last edited:
Wilfork is reportedly ECSTATIC that the Pats picked Spikes. I know it's early but I already love this player and think he could be one of the best out of the entire draft.

Have you seen this video?
YouTube - Brandon Spikes

It's hard not to like what he does on the field, but I also like that this guy is a very vocal leader in the mold of Ray Lewis. The emotional heart and soul guy is something we've been missing on D since Rodney and Bru hung it up.

Mayo is more of a lead by example type. It's hard for rookies to jump into leadership roles, but if he could move into it by his second season, assuming he's a starter by that point.

He is an alpha male type and will go into camp expecting to earn a starting job.

Anyway you gotta love the fire. It can't hurt.

Agreed 100%

I don't care how fast a 40 this guy runs. This guy is a football player who will bring much need intensity and leadership to the team. Picking Spikes in the spot where they took him was a steal.

Great choice.

Wilfork is reportedly ECSTATIC that the Pats picked Spikes. I know it's early but I already love this player and think he could be one of the best out of the entire draft.

YouTube - Brandon Spikes

I remember that hit on Moreno. I was at the Landing in downtown Jacksonville (which is where all the Georgia and Florida fans that didn't get tickets go to watch the game) and the whole crowd erupted when Spikes trucked him. Spikes' mean streak is definitely the best thing he brings to the position.

YouTube - Brandon Spikes

Yes, I saw it earlier tonight after he was picked. His emotion shows up pretty clearly there.

Looks like we have replaced Bruschi for good this time

I remember people saying Bruschi was not fast and too short and look how he proved them wrong.

Guyton is in trouble if he wants to start,I see Mayo and Spikes as a 1-2 duo for at least the next 5 years in NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes