Welcome to PatsFans.com

Love, Pete

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

The ties between indicted banker Allen Stanford and members of Congress -- including millions in contributions and weekends in five-star Caribbean resorts -- are now the subject of a sweeping federal investigation.

Just hours after federal agents charged banker Allen Stanford with fleecing investors of $7 billion, the disgraced financier received a message from one of Congress' most powerful members, Pete Sessions.

``I love you and believe in you,'' said the e-mail sent on Feb. 17. ``If you want my ear/voice -- e-mail,'' it said, signed ``Pete.''

Feds probe banker Allen Stanford's ties to Congress - Front Page - MiamiHerald.com
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Gee Mrs PF ... not like you to not investigate before you post.

Lots of political swine attached to this guy.

CQ MoneyLine Search Results
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -8

We should start a list of corrupt politicians in a scorecard-like fashion! Democrats on one side and Pubbies on the other to see who's had more. Let's go back about 10 years so we can have nice starting point.

What we'd have is a GD embaressment on both sides. It's a sickening fact of American politics. Honestly, we should have a separate law that doubles the punishment for politicians who commit crimes. ESPECIALLY those spurned by greed. These men & women are supposed to be honored with the priveledge to serve this nation. Corruption SHOULD equate to something like treason.

Just my honest GD opinion MrsP!!
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Never can understand why anyone thinks one side is worse than the other ... I am in the "they all suck" camp ... they're all thieves, they all crave power, they all love taxes and pork ... they all are pimps.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -8

I'm with you IcyPat all the way. The thing I'd love to see is every single one of our congressmen & women voted out of office over the next voting cycle. What a statement of power from "we the people" that would be!

They are not "the chosen ones"
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

You mean because he gave money to lots of Dems, too?

I knew that. They're all chumps and crooks - but not all of them say, "I love you, bro."

I'm not sure if I respect Sessions for doing so or if I think he's a horse'sa$$.

I've never denied there are Dems on the take - or liberals who are idiots - or that sometimes they aggravate me almost as much as you guys do - all I basically try to do here is even out the playing field somewhat and attempt to show that there's no "perfect" answer to any question and there really are no absolutes in right and wrong. I try, when possible, to counter rhetoric with reality and to point out obvious falsehoods, hastily fashioned misconceptions and tortured hypothesis - usually without success but even if no one else ever learns anything, I do because I DO research all of it and I do learn from it.

I don't even always like what I learn but that's the thing about actually seeking knowledge - eventually you find out the truth and sometimes it's unpleasant and sometimes you're wrong but at least you find it out and the next time around you can be right.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

How many times do I have to tell you people that all politicians are the SWILL and FILTH of the world, when you vote hold your nose and vote for who you think is the Best Of The Bad Lot.

NEVER TRUST ANYBODY THAT IS CONSTANTLY GRINNING
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

That's why we need term limits. Limit the amount of time, and power, these losers can have at the wheel.
  9. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still not going to matter, the problem is and always will be trying to get normal ppl in office.....not just the rich or popular. The way the system is setup now is, the more money you have the more face time and that in the end wins.

You could have the best ideas and be a great person with strong values but if you don't have the cash and the face time its not going to matter.

Fix the voting system(limit everyone to 1 million dollars that can be spent on a election that will come out of a fund setup for people that want to run for office and start a channel like c-span for candidates) and we can talk about change....... If ppl can't spend 400million to get elected(ads,tv) it will force ppl to do more research on who they vote for cause if they don't, they won't know who is running....
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

The most popular candidate doesn't always win. Just look at Bush.

:) Maybe "popular" isn't the best term here, given the idea that the one with the most votes is supposed to win... but good post in general.