Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
One Round Mock.. may add a second round later based on feedback

1. DET - OT Jason Smith, Baylor
Stafford just isn't worth the first pick, not the sexy pick, but the good one

2. SL - OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia
It was hard not giving them Crabtree, but his injury and questions about his speed drop him

3. KC - NT BJ Raji, Boston College
The most important component of a 3-4 defense

4. SEA - WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
No explanation needed

5. CLE - OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
They'll be thrilled to find the best player in the draft at a position of need

6. CIN - DE Brian Orakpo, Texas
They have bigger needs, but the value is too good to pass up, and there isn't much else

7. OAK - WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
Andre Smith would be a possibility, but his pro day pushes him down

8. JAX - OT Andre Smith, Alabama
Tough pick, Smith has the natural ability to be a hall-of-famer, but he will need to be motivated and pushed

9. GB - OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss
First major surprise, the guy is an amazing athlete to say the least... not much value at corner, Andre Smith and Everette Brown are also possibilities, but I think Oher rises fast in the next few weeks

10. SF - QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia
Andre Smith is a possibilty, but in the end I think they take their chances on getting a franchise QB

11. BUF - DE Everette Brown, Florida State
Fills a huge need, and BPA

12. DEN - CB/FS Malcom Jenkins, OSU
Easy pick, Dawkins is 35, and they have no one to start opposite Champ; depending on the whole Cutler scenario, they could also go with Sanchez

13. WA - DE Aaron Maybin, Penn St.
The perfect replacement for Jason Taylor, I don't think they're ready to give up on Campbell

14. NO - OLB Brian Cushing, USC
Fills a big need, there's no safeties worth taking

15. HOU - CB Vontae Davis, Illinois
They need to shore up their secondary more than anything

16. SD - DE Tyson Jackson, LSU
Perfect fit in the 3-4

17. NYJ - QB Mark Sanchez, USC
Their number 1 need

18. CHI - WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina
Complements Hester very well; IMO is better than DHB

19. TB - DT Peria Jerry, Mississippi
18 tackles for a loss in the SEC

20. DET from DAL - ILB Rey Mauluga, USC
Fills a huge need, and BPA

21. PHI - RB Chris Wells, Ohio State
Complements Westbrooks game very well, Pettigrew could also be the pick

22. MN - DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
Boom or bust player, but he will have the benefit of not having to play right away, and learning from the best (Jared Allen); Evander Hood and Eben Britton could also be the pick

23. NE - OLB Clay Matthews, USC
Fills a huge need, also a Belichick type player

24. ATL - OT Eben Britton, Arizona
Pettigrew is also a posibility

25. MIA - WR Darius Heywood-Bey, Maryland
No value at OLB

26. BAL - ILB James Laurinitis, OSU
Replaces Bart Scott inside, Harvin could also be the pick

27. IND - WR Percy Harvin, Florida
Evander Hood could be the pick, but they like first round receivers

28. PHI from CAR - TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma St.
Too early for safety, McNabb needs another target

29. NYG - WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers
If he runs well he'll push himself into the first round, he'll replace Burres perfectly

30. TN - DT Evander Hood, Mizzou
It's tough to replace a talent like Hayensworth, but they have to try, Hood is a good start

31. AZ - RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
Too much value to pass up, they have bigger needs, but if they trade Boldin this will be a fantastic pick

32. PIT - C/G Alex Mack, Cal
No explanation needed

Andre Smith is not going to be taken in the first round. His pro day was worse than his combine escape.

I applaud your wisdom in drafting Clay Matthews.:rocker:

However you will now be roasted for not including Barwin. Good Luck, I will light a candle for you.

Last edited:
Andre Smith is not going to be taken in the first round. His pro day was worse than his combine escape.

Andre Smith is definetely going into the first round. The guy has got amazing talent. There are plenty of GM's who are dumb enough to overlook his character issues. I think he goes 6, 7 or 8. I like the draft very much by the way. Love the way it all fits. :cool:

I applaud your wisdom in drafting Clay Matthews.:rocker:

However you will now be roasted for not including Barwin. Good Luck, I will light a candle for you.

The fact that Barwin got by on pure talent and has limited experience scares me... he has all the physical tools, but one can only guess whether his IQ will be up to par.

Andre Smith is definetely going into the first round. The guy has got amazing talent. There are plenty of GM's who are dumb enough to overlook his character issues. I think he goes 6, 7 or 8. I like the draft very much by the way. Love the way it all fits. :cool:

:agree: But he has bust written all over him

Some good stuff. Among my quibbles: I'm not sure Crabtree to Seattle is quite the no-brainer it was before they signed Houshmandzadeh. With Housh & Branch, that's decent talent and a lot of $$ at the position. I also don't see SF springing for another QB, for the same reasons that they didn't enter the Cassel sweepstakes.

The fact that Barwin got by on pure talent and has limited experience scares me...

That's absolutely reasonable...except that you chose a guy with less starting experience instead.

Hate - the full round 1 mock, I don't care about anything but the Patriots picks.
Love - the fact that you made an effort
Neutral on - Matthews, seems like he could rush the passer and drop into coverage, play special teams, seems too small to play all 3 downs but is not the end of the world. I could see him going to a team like the Giants and being a monster

He will--simply way too talented to pass up (by somebody smart like BB if he slides down as far as 23). But I agree that he's probably too much of a gamble to spend top ten money on.

clay matthews.........when he is mentioned, I can't help but think monty biesel

Some good stuff. Among my quibbles: I'm not sure Crabtree to Seattle is quite the no-brainer it was before they signed Houshmandzadeh. With Housh & Branch, that's decent talent and a lot of $$ at the position. I also don't see SF springing for another QB, for the same reasons that they didn't enter the Cassel sweepstakes.

Ouch... I had no idea Seattle signed Housh, that would change a lot of the mock... I'll update it in a second.

As far as why Matthews over Barwin, Matthews played linebacker about 80% of the time, he took reps in coverage, and has shown that he can play standing up, Barwin on the other hand took almost all of his collegiate snaps at end and tight end... when I see Barwin, I think Vernon Gholston (whether fair or not).

As far as why Matthews over Barwin, Matthews played linebacker about 80% of the time, he took reps in coverage, and has shown that he can play standing up, Barwin on the other hand took almost all of his collegiate snaps at end and tight end... when I see Barwin, I think Vernon Gholston (whether fair or not).

Ouch, you really know how to hurt a guy. :(

Ouch... I had no idea Seattle signed Housh, that would change a lot of the mock... I'll update it in a second.

:rofl::rofl: This is probably not the case but I love that quote anyway.

TideSports.com | The Tuscaloosa News | Tuscaloosa, AL

Andre Smith/OT/Alabama: Smith's disastrous workout Wednesday has been well documented. He weighed a flabby 325 pounds, barely broke 5.3 in the 40, completed just 19 reps on the bench press and put up other marks that were horrendous. Workout results aside, Smith's immaturity has NFL decision-makers concerned. After his exploits at the combine when he disappeared unannounced prior to his workout, Smith did nothing to redeem himself during Alabama's pro day. Smith has lost millions as teams are no longer willing to use an early draft pick to acquire him as it would mean a big contract with lots of guaranteed money for someone they are not sure about. He's being compared to Winston Justice, the one-time talented offensive lineman from USC who lacks the mental makeup to play on the NFL level. Smith may get one more chance before the draft to work out in front of a cumulative audience of NFL personnel people. If he does not make the most of it he will drop into the second half of round one.

Would you want the Patriots spending their #23 on this guy?

Great effort....like the train of thought with regards to your KC pick. One pick I would argue you should reconsider is the Jags taking Smith. Jacksonville has been turd central and I can't imagine them drafting a guy with multiple strikes. Then again, it's Jacksonville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down