Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverinejoe80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I know you guys hate ESPN, but...

Around the 30:30 mark:
Max & Marcellus: [hr2]

Pretty much saying Brady's performance will go down in a history book; it should be archived, DVRed, and studied.

Of course jack ass Marcellus brings up 'scandal' again - but Riddick responds and more or less says that deflategate was a joke.

I've heard good things about Louis Riddick before but I have to say I'm impressed. He comes off as a football first guy. After the moronic hosts bring up stupid cheap shots Louis Riddick sets them straight with his own anecdotes.

Last edited:
Riddick is cool.

Marcellus is a douchebag though. He has always hated Brady for whatever reason.
Same with max. These guys want all asterisks next to Brady's accomplishments.

I wish more people who actually had relevant experience to comment on the matter would do what Riddick did here.

I have friends-of-friends who have worked at low levels in the NFL whose job was to steal signals. Riddick just attested to the fact that both on the FO/scout level and down on the sidelines, he's observed signals being stolen and used. The narrative that the Pats were breaking the rules by stealing signals is stupid and wrong, because stealing signals is legal and 32 out of 32 teams do it. The narrative should have always been that the Patriots stole signals in a way that was against the rules.

That would be accurate... and not particularly incendiary. At a minimum, it would encourage people to investigate further, and realize how much of a dumb technicality the rule itself was.

riddick is cool.

marcellus is a douchebag though. he has always hated brady for whatever reason.
same with max. these guys want all asterisks next to brady's accomplishments.

Whatever reason = he played for also-rans in the AFC in the early-mid 2000s and never accomplished anything. Players with that resume overwhelmingly hate Brady and Belichick for reasons that can be written off as nothing more than jealousy. Especially someone who played for the Chargers.

Marcellus goes waaay out of his way to bring up deflategate any chance he can. It's pathetic

riddick is cool.

marcellus is a douchebag though. he has always hated brady for whatever reason.
same with max. these guys want all asterisks next to brady's accomplishments.

For an Ivy League guy Marcellus is a moron.

Max is a tool.

Max is a tool.

I remember reading a profile on Marcellus at least 10-15 years ago, where he said that he picked Columbia because his coach was wearing a pair of shorts that said Columbia on them. It was such a stupid reason to pick a college that it stuck with me all these years. So... yeah, not exactly your typical Ivy League guy.

I wish more people who actually had relevant experience to comment on the matter would do what Riddick did here. I have friends-of-friends who have worked at low levels in the NFL whose job was to steal signals. Riddick just attested to the fact that both on the FO/scout level and down on the sidelines, he's observed signals being stolen and used. The narrative that the Pats were breaking the rules by stealing signals is stupid and wrong, because stealing signals is legal and 32 out of 32 teams do it. The narrative should have always been that the Patriots stole signals in a way that was against the rules. That would be accurate... and not particularly incendiary. At a minimum, it would encourage people to investigate further, and realize how much of a dumb technicality the rule itself was.

That is what they call an "Inconvenient Truth"

To take it a step further, no one brings up the fact that Goody violated the NFL Bylaws by implementing game day policies without the approval of the competition committee.

I remember reading a profile on Marcellus at least 10-15 years ago, where he said that he picked Columbia because his coach was wearing a pair of shorts that said Columbia on them. It was such a stupid reason to pick a college that it stuck with me all these years. So... yeah, not exactly your typical Ivy League guy.

Thats stupid.

I didn't attend Northeastern because there was a shooting near Ruggles Station the day before my visit. LOL

Max is a tool.

Considering Columbia is probably the easiest to buy your way into, and Marcellus excelled at sports, I don't think he got in for the same reasons a law student would get into Columbia Law.

Considering Columbia is probably the easiest to buy your way into, and Marcellus excelled at sports, I don't think he got in for the same reasons a law student would get into Columbia Law.
I would agree.

I applied to the College of Wooster once to stay close to home near my big Irish family. Turns out it's in Ohio and the teams nickname is the Fighting Scots.:confused:

In the NFL wasteland that is Los Angeles voices emerge to once again prove they hate us, because they ain't us.

Maybe someday the NFL will move a franchise there and the celebs can all have wine and cheese served to them on silver platters..

I wish more people who actually had relevant experience to comment on the matter would do what Riddick did here. I have friends-of-friends who have worked at low levels in the NFL whose job was to steal signals. Riddick just attested to the fact that both on the FO/scout level and down on the sidelines, he's observed signals being stolen and used. The narrative that the Pats were breaking the rules by stealing signals is stupid and wrong, because stealing signals is legal and 32 out of 32 teams do it. The narrative should have always been that the Patriots stole signals in a way that was against the rules. That would be accurate... and not particularly incendiary. At a minimum, it would encourage people to investigate further, and realize how much of a dumb technicality the rule itself was.

When he was talking about that, one of the two dimwits (Max or Marcellus) chimed in that "but the Patriots were videotaping it"! They all agreed that this was a big difference (implying that no other team every taped while trying to steal signals). Makes one wonder why the rule bothered to issue that memo in 2006. :rolleyes:

In the NFL wasteland that is Los Angeles voices emerge to once again prove they hate us, because they ain't us.

Maybe someday the NFL will move a franchise there and the celebs can all have wine and cheese served to them on silver platters..
Hey, theres nothing wrong with a little string cheeze and ripple aged three weeks.:)

Marcellus never won. Brady has. Many times. And if he wins this year, Tom Brady will be the winning QB of 10% of all SBs. Game over.

Marcellus is a self-righteous 'I made it to Columbia from ghetto, and I'm smarter than you' buffoon. He went out on a limb and said Brady should be suspended for 8 games because of 'competitive advantage'. He knows he was flat out wrong, but the dude is too proud to admit he was wrong.

I don't automatically dismiss Wiley's intelligent. I'm beginning to see across the media there is a niche out there for personalities with an anti-Brady/Patriots shtick. We know for a fact there there are local guys who are using it now, and don't really believe it. The market for this shtick is probably bigger outside of NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes