Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lou Dobbs.... take care

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Dec 5, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this is not a soundbyte... this is an hour long program... imo, that was Lou's last mistake... ...

not that they really needed to, but democracynow's just owned Lou Dobbs, completely, ... and i'm fairly convinced now more than ever, that Lou is fanatical and insane... but also a liar...

rush transscripts are here, or watch the video via multiple streaming options at the top of the page.....

if you can afford the time, it's a fascinating 45-min. interview, and Lou gets quite testy throughout... you'll have to scroll past the headlines to the 10-minute mark before Lou is introduced..

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

How about a brief synopsis of what it's about before we waste 45 minutes of our time trying to figure out what the point is exactly.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

He's starting to sound Bill O'Rielly maniacle. While at the same time employing illegals to clean the stalls of the horses he own's. That has been his whole shtick for two years the whole illegal alien debate.
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Oh, I know he hates illegal immigration. I watch his show sometimes. Dobbs is a real supporter of the middle class. I was just asking PC for a little outline of what the vid is, and what his point is about. I can't waste 45 minutes watching something without an idea of what for.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

he's caught lying about several facts he pumps to his viewers on a daily basis... including: "7,000 new cases of Leprocy in three years"... it was 30 years.... and his 100% support of the Minute Men... which he denied ever saying...
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I had heard about the horse sheet from Keith Olbermann the other night. It wasn't clear whether Lou paid the illegals directly or whether they worked at where Lou's daughters rode horses. I tend to think it was where his kids rode their horses which dilutes the story quite a bit.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

His claim that a “third of our prison population” are illegal aliens (according to the Justice Department about 6 percent of the state and federal prison population are non-citizens)

That's about as far as I got. They're "Fact-Checking Dobbs" and start off by printing that diarea figure? Good thing I didn't waste my time.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

what's diareah about the figure? it's interesting that you won't bring yourself to watch the interview, but you sure will enter the thread and spout off about it....

anyhow, i thought you were Mr. Multiple Source guy... if you honestly were, you would watch DemocracyNow's newscast each day... at least the first 10 minutes of headlines...
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

This is where multiple sources, an IQ above 80, and an objective mind come into play. People will twist & shape the truth in order to slant it towards their POV. You seem to understand that scout.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I just breezed throug the transcript actually, and it's total diarea. Maybe later if I get the runs and am on the bowl, I'll play the vid with the volume on max, so I can crap and listen, or listen to crap. :D Bascially two illegal invasin, amnesty loving appologists tried to hijack Dobbs because of his position on illegal immigration. My problem is people doing "fact checking" , when they themselves are uber biased people who don't use facts themselves.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol.... so in other words, you can't disprove the fact that the figure is 6%, and not 33% as sweet Lou wants us all to believe... instead, you just feel in your heart it's nonsense, thus the rest of the interview isn't worth watching.... i think we understand, "multiple source" guy...
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

See, this is where you really amaze me. You're really a smart guy, and how you can't pick up on the slant tactics people sue to propogate a position is beyond me. Go back and read the transcript. What did dobbs say to begin with? "is about a third of our prison population". So Dobbs stretched the 27% he was using by saying about a third, which technically means he wasn't saying 33%. So what do his "fact checkers" do? They take his exact words, about a third, and slant it as a third specifically. So basically you're getting to slanted views of one figure. This is why you need multiple sources, of differing perspectives. Someone who has a brain, is remotely objective, and has an IQ above 80, would know the truth tends to be someplace in the middle. Niether lied, since Dobbs did use the "third" reference, only he said "about". So both sides used the some truth, only slanted.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

?????????

so 27%-33%, what's the f^cking difference? the point is, sweet Lou's number is through the roof compared to the official figure of 6%.... why can't you simply acknowledge that fact, rather than play a semantics game of what you perceive to be a misconception of Lou's goofy figure?

the point is, the biggest border paranoid advocate got completely exposed by a hard-hitting journalistic confrontation, utilizing FACTS... not just on prison numbers, but on his bogus claims regarding disease (is it 3 years or 30 years, Lou?), the Minutemen, crime and so on... but, you just "breezed" through it, and clung to the "third" issue...
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I am utterly clueless about the lepracy bit, so I couldn't defend him, say he's right, or say he's wrong. I just don't know, but when 6% gets tossed out there, and the appologists try to imply that the minutemen are shooting people, I have my doubts about their credibility too. What you can't understand is that people take figures, opinions, and truths, and twist them so that they fit their POV. The truth tends to be somewhere in the middle.

Do a search, for my name and illegal immigration, and you'll see what the actual figures are. You'll see 6% is bogus. Hard hitting journalism?

Hard hitting like this?

LOU DOBBS: The North American Union?

JUAN GONZALEZ: Yes.

LOU DOBBS: Well, coming from the 2005 meeting with Stephen Harper, the prime minister of Canada, Vicente Fox, then the president of Mexico, and George W. Bush—I’m sure you’re still delighted to know he’s president of the United States—met and laid out the foundation through the Security and Prosperity Partnership. What has ensued since then, there have been a number of high-level meetings—military, business, and governmental leaders—all of which had been closed to the press and all toward harmonizing, if you will, relations between the two and diminishing the border and the encumbrances to commerce moving straight ahead.

AMY GOODMAN: Just to be clear, it could have been 2006, that report, so I want to be factually accurate. It was either this year or last year.

LOU DOBBS: Well, I forgive you, no matter what it was.

AMY GOODMAN: But let me give you one more clip, and that is around the issue of the Minutemen.

LOU DOBBS: Sure.

AMY GOODMAN: This was the Minuteman Project, organizers calling their effort a peaceful protest over the government’s failure to secure its borders. Both the Mexican government and the Bush administration have described the Minutemen as vigilantes. You have been a vocal supporter.

LOU DOBBS: I just want to be clear to the Journal and to this audience: I support the Minuteman Project and the fine Americans who make it up and all they’ve accomplished, fully, relentlessly and proudly.

AMY GOODMAN: That’s you, Lou.

LOU DOBBS: That’s me.

AMY GOODMAN: Bill Parmley, a Minuteman leader in Goliad County in Texas, quit the group because of, what he described, widespread racism. Another Texas Minuteman, Janet Ahrens, had resigned because members, she said, wanted to “shoot the taco meat.” You never mentioned either of these people. Why not talk about these people quitting, because they’re concerned about how racist this group is?

LOU DOBBS: Well, frankly, I didn’t know about it. I don’ think it’s—what makes them so newsworthy? And secondly, the reality is, the President called the Minutemen vigilantes immediately after they were formed. The idea that I would support volunteerism and the nature of the call to security on the border, I hope, doesn’t stun you too much, because the reality, again, is that there has never been an incident of violence involving the Minuteman organization, period. Do you want to take note of that?

AMY GOODMAN: Are you concerned with, among others, one of the founders of the Minutemen being found with a gun, patrolling the border; issues like these? This is of concern, when there are so many immigrants who are found in the desert dead, not clear why they die.

LOU DOBBS: Oh, are you implying that the Minutemen are killing them?

AMY GOODMAN: No. But just—

LOU DOBBS: Then why would you say such a thing?

AMY GOODMAN: My question is—

LOU DOBBS: That’s terrible, Amy. I mean, good Lord!

AMY GOODMAN: My question is, when—

LOU DOBBS: Let’s answer one question: has there ever been a single incident of violence recorded on the part of the Minutemen on the border?

AMY GOODMAN: I believe—wasn’t there—

LOU DOBBS: There has never been.

AMY GOODMAN: I’m not—haven’t there been cases of immigrants who come over the border, who have been chased, who have been shot at, who have been beaten?

LOU DOBBS: That would be an incident of violence. That would be an incident of violence, wouldn’t it? To my knowledge, there has never been an incident of violence on the part of the Minutemen.

AMY GOODMAN: But the idea of armed men on the border—

LOU DOBBS: Oh, come on!

AMY GOODMAN: —not authorized by the United States?

LOU DOBBS: Does it bother you that there are armed drug cartel members firing on law enforcement officers on the border, killing Mexican citizens, US citizens?

JUAN GONZALEZ: Absolutely.

LOU DOBBS: Does any of this bother you?

JUAN GONZALEZ: Absolutely does, yes.

LOU DOBBS: I would hope to heck it bothers you. Why would the Minutemen even be under discussion by comparison to that issue?

JUAN GONZALEZ: Lou, I’d just like to ask you one last question. We have very little time left. But you’ve criticized many American companies, but CJR, Columbia Journalism Review, came out with a report in 2004 that questioned that your private newsletter, which goes to investors, has recommended investing in several of these companies that—that you actually list—
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

amazing... so now youre skeptical of the US Census Bureau, where the 6% figure comes from... that's 6% of the U.S. prison population is non U.S. citizens (not even just illegals)... Dobbs wants us to believe it's at least 27%.... so, you've punted from that drive... basically on 3rd down...

and so now you've moved on to the Minuteman assertion... completely ignoring the video clip of Dobbs pledging "100% support" to the armed militias patrolling our borders... then you've bolded the part where Ms. Goodman concedes she's not saying with fact that the Minutemen are killing illegals in the desert... so what's your point?.... the fact is, Dobbs wouldn't let her finish her question before filibustering, then, when she insisted on finishing it, he ignored the question and responded with a question of his own...

Regardless, let's ask it another way... do you DOUBT the Minutemen have killed anyone on the borders?