Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lou Dobbs Now Living With the Fishes.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 14, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

So ... Lou Dobbs has just gone from sleeping with the fishes to living with them. Reactions?

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs | THE BILL PRESS SHOW

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Owow. I know he'd been given a hard time about his birth certificate discussions and that his wife, who is Latina, had been attacked by the media as well.

I can't believe CNN actually knuckled under and fired him. There were many things I disagreed with LD about but he was one of the very,very few who kept on top of our swiss cheese borders, ILLEGAL immigration,drug smuggling, and yes, the dismantling of our Constitution.

Either way that's sad news, sad for the right of people to speak their minds and for the right of people to not have their family dragged in and besmirched, for no good reason.
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I dunno, I guess it could be because ol' Lou took a vacation and in his absence his replacement went over all the reasons why the birthers are stupid and then Lou came back and ignored what had gone out over his air and went on and on over how the birthers are 100% correct.

It doesn't matter what the truth is. That alone made Lou and CNN look like a bunch of jackasses
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

That's messed up ... I didn't know that.
    Looks like Dobbs has lost a few screws and is relegated to radio forever now.
    I don't think hysterical radio people can make it on TV.
    Hannity pulls it off but he's not really hysterical ... just borderline.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Wow this guy had been with CNN from the begining. I heard he had a lot of juice within CNN, i don't think he thought it would happen. He'll go right to FAUX.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

CNN is a sinking ship, their rating are a smidge over MSNBC, which is just better then public access. :rolleyes:

That's not to say LD didn't get a little goofy at times (like the birther thing), but CNN is desperatly trying to find a "new nitche" and LD obvious conservative leaning did not fit into that picture.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'm finding more stories that insist this is a hoax than verifies it...

need something a bit more solid before we write his obituary from CNN...

http://www.examiner.com/x-18383-Mar...Lou-Dobbs-Rumor-of-Firing-Apparently-Not-True

Story that Lou Dobbs of CNN had been fired got accidently started on the blogosphere by a major media source. As you can see in the above caption this was the story as it appeared on Google before it was pulled. Apparently, what helped get the erroneous story of Dobbs firing get started was a mis-interpretation of a written story by Bill Press on his site billpress.com whereby he gave a scenario that dobbs could be fired in. Apparently, some sources in the main stream media did not check the story out very thoroughly and took his commentary as a statement that Dobbs of CNN had been fired. Many progressives had hoped on Dailykos and throughout the blogosphere that this was the case but were deflated quickly when the story turned out to be not true.​
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yeah, your ilk has been repeating this hollow mantra for over 5 years... It's still doing just fine.

"Poor" numbers compared to what? "Faux?"

This is what happens when 72% of America has 5-6 other networks to choose from, while 28 percenters all flock to the one (1) Christian imperialists' propaganda network for spoon fed "bomb'em all, ask questions later" crap.

Get back to us when all the rest of critical thinking America only has one network to choose from, like your side "enjoys."
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Do your homework Press. CNN used to own cable news.............. and has slowly dwindled. I don't actually mind CNN at all, but the truth is the truth... The right has Fox, the wacko's have MSNBC and CNN just sits there and has no core. That's part of it's problem. It's not left/right.... it's about nitche. Pathetic that news agencies need one, but it's true.

Stop being such a partison douchebag press. Just for a minute.... :rolleyes:
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Now there's an ironic final statement if there ever was one.

You won't find me defending any of the major networks' news departments, overall. They all failed to do their job after the country was attacked, and the Cheney administration perpetrated fraud under the guise of fear.

Just don't play with numbers and pretend one network you don't like is somehow "sick" or "sinking" without being honest about what the numbers mean. That's all. This is left-vs.-right viewership comparison... Network vs. network comparison means little.

CNN is doing just fine, and will never "sink" as long as major corporations are using their network to advertise. Never. To pretend CNN is a "sinking ship" seems pretentious.

Fox is laughable, and MSNBC isn't even on basic Ch. 2-78 cable any more, I don't believe.

Just from my perspective... CNN is the default network shown on every newsroom TV I've ever worked in or visited. Sports always has ESPN or NESN on, but every other department always has CNN or CNBC Market Watch or CSpan on, ... round the clock... And I'm talking about a lot of newsroom televisions, assuredly. I seldom see Fox on, and I NEVER see MSNBC on.
  11. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh sweet Lou!
    [​IMG]

I have to say I like him, he's just old school. I can't hold that to him, plus I agree with him on immigration to a point, without order there is chaos so there needs to be a better system.

Only person I want to go off air is that SOB Beck ****face, the guys is an idiot and a sellout ***** fake ass ************ he can eat **** and die. Shepard Smith is the best guy on Fox bar none and he's funny and legit.

lol had a few:eat1:
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Maybe where you live it's the basic news network, but I live in NY and in the rest of the country, Fox is the default in most places I see. I actually don't have a issue with CNN, so drop the pretentious "everyone is a partisan except me" schtick and stick to the facts.

Your bullsh!t bluster and grandiose "pronouncements of fact" ring hollow and mean nothing to most of us in here who know you for the hack that you are......

CNN is a barely a shadow of what it once was, and my noting it has nothing to with a left/right slant. As BB would say. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Before you trumpet the June dateline on that article, feel free to look at the RECENT NUMBERS. CNN is getting killed.

Here Thursday's numbers.....

P2+ Prime Time
    FNC – 2,982,000viewers
    CNN— 739,000 viewers
    MSNBC –885,000 viewers
    CNBC – 124,000 viewers
    HLN – 475,000viewers

Fox is running 25% higher then ALL OTHER NETWORKS COMBINED (2.9M vs. 2.2M) in prime time. It also runs between 15-25% higher than "all other combined" numbers over the past 2 months or so (far as I looked back,

You other dumb assertion of the "default" channel is crap as well in the "total day" department too.

P2+ Total Day
    FNC – 1,426,000 viewers
    CNN – 507,000 viewers

Fox is on more TV's round the clock by a 3 to 1 margin. It varies day to day, but in the last couple months it nevers dip's below 2-1. Maybe it's the default in your newsroom (and all the others), which is part of your problem, but as for the rest of the folks out here are concerned, not so much. :rolleyes:

Once again, you present an underwhelming article devoid of facts and full of bluster. How typical.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

CNN has become a friggin Joke, 90% of it's viewers are nothing but Blame America "Bush Haters"

The only reason Fox leads them all is Fox will tell us everything that the CNN/MSNBC Obama News doesn't want us hear.

The Cronkite Days of the "Big Three" telling you their Left Wing Lies and only telling you the story they Wanted You To Hear are Long Gone.

After watching CNN/MSNBC tell you an important political story Switch To Fox you'll be amazed at what the Obama News Networks "LEFT OUT".
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What do the overall viewership numbers have to do with what the average news room tunes in to?

Seems to me Pressy's argument was that newsrooms mostly watch CNN. Not that people mostly watch CNN. My own guess is that the newsrooms do that because they'd prefer to do the spinning themselves, rather than try to spin someone else's spin and CNN imparts the least amount of spin to sift through.

That's prolly the most times I've ever used the word spin in one sentence.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

But your right, I think Press is in the business (news) and most of them watch CNN thats where they get their "left news" especially when they get mad at Fox for telling us those things they don't want us to hear.
  16. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

CNN is a joke. No matter how much you disagree with what he has to say is it such a big deal that he deserves to be fired?

At anyrate if he was fired, Fox will pick him up.
  17. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He will land on Fox Business Network as soon as they iron out what he is due from the rest of his contract...
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Harry, please don't agree with me if you're gonna flip my point around 180 degrees kthxbye

BTW, sleeping with the fishes means you're dead. Living with the fishes means you're Aquaman.
  19. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Whatever his ideas were, Lou was genuine in a sea of imitation. Loud could have received a serious amount of votes if he ran as a independant last election. Why? becuase he is genuine, and that is what will land him on another station in no time.

People enjoy watching something real, and can do that even when they do not agree with the content...
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

ok......:)